Just Out - East End Park 18/8/12

sandy

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was definitely a more relaxed stewarding policy in place at EEP yesterday, which was great to see. I wonder if clubs have finally realised that their stewarding policies were actually one of the reasons that so many fans stopped going to football?

I'll reserve judgement on this until the next time we are at Dens Park obviously!

The half-time crossbar challenge is something we could maybe try, it helps raise a little bit of money & provides the fans with some half-time entertainment. Winner wins a season ticket or something.

Yeah it is a great idea and an easy way to raise money.

I would definitely pay good money to take a penalty at half time in to the sub goalie.

I noticed that I could actually but a programme at Dunfermline even though it was coming up for three o'clock.

Also I didn't have to wait 15 minutes to get in and miss a goal, unlike Firhill last Saturday.

The programme thing does my head in. I'd buy one at every game but probably only got 8 or 9 last season despite making every home game, bar one :(

When I used to sell them some folk would take them into the local pubs to shift a few.

I do enjoy the programme by the way hence my disappointment in not being able to get one regularly.

This made me think about the free programme day. Every home fan going through the gate would get a free one if wanted.

Obviously this would cost the clubs printing costs for that issue.

However we could try and make a bumper issue with extra advertising through local businesses both large and small buoyed by the larger readership for that issue.

It would need planned but could be targeted for a game with a smaller attendance. Could make the difference I'm making a few more punters turn up for the game.

Just a wee thought out loud but it could work, couldn't it?

I do enjoy the programme by the way hence my disappointment in not being able to get one regularly.

This made me think about the free programme day. Every home fan going through the gate would get a free one if wanted.

Obviously this would cost the clubs printing costs for that issue.

However we could try and make a bumper issue with extra advertising through local businesses both large and small buoyed by the larger readership for that issue.

It would need planned but could be targeted for a game with a smaller attendance. Could make the difference I'm making a few more punters turn up for the game.

Just a wee thought out loud but it could work, couldn't it?

You could be on to something here.

Obviously it would be a "loss leader" of sorts as you are gambling that the loss of revenue for that issue would be made up by more people buying future issues. But I always enjoy the programme, especially the more "historical" articles, so I can't see why other people wouldn't feel the same if they got a sample of what was on offer.

Would be interesting to hear Tom Hosie's view on this.

Obviously it would be a "loss leader" of sorts as you are gambling that the loss of revenue for that issue would be made up by more people buying future issues. But I always enjoy the programme, especially the more "historical" articles, so I can't see why other people wouldn't feel the same if they got a sample of what was on offer.

:lol: I'm sure he'll express some views on it...once he's recovered from the shock of the words "FREE PROGRAMME"

Some good ideas here, particularly like the half time entertainment stuff.

The simplest things to keep away fans happy is to provide half decent catering which is doesn't take an eternity to buy. Never really been one to moan about these things, but went to get some drinks with about 5 minutes of half time remaining. There was about 30 people in the queue and about 6/7 people serving...missed about 10 minutes of the second half and the 2 chances we created during that spell :(

Aye, took me all of half-time to get a pie. And when I left to go back to my seat, there were at least 30 Thistle fans still queuing for food.

Catering needs to be high-quality with excellent customer service. That's what we should be working to create at Firhill

There's no doubt that the catering is an issue all over Firhill.

The north stand kiosk ran out of pies after about half an hour, for example.

The good news is that Jim and Lance saw all this first hand and are already looking into to what can be done to improve things.

I really can't stress how hard these 2 guys are working to improve things at Firhill just now, and that's on top of their day jobs.

My mate queued up just after ht for pies only to be told there was no hot food left after waiting for twenty minutes.....

What were the bridies like? I got some from Stephens in the town centre and they were salty and had little steak about them. My only disappointment from yesterday's trip :lol:

It's an interesting suggestion and if you could get a sponsor(s) to cover the printing costs (which would be not inconsiderable) then it is something that could be worth considering.

There are a few practical difficulties to consider.

Production would be a bugger for a bumper issues. Time wise, first game of the season would probably be the best option. You basically then have the whole summer to produce it. Maybe more a 'year book' than an actual programme?

Distribution would be a nightmare - it is at the moment anyway. What if the crowd exceeds the number of programmes printed? Someone turning up late might be a bit peed off not to get their free programme. It would need to be 'subject to availability'.

It is something worth considering but I suspect offsetting the printing costs would be the major stumbling block.

There's no doubt that the catering is an issue all over Firhill.

The north stand kiosk ran out of pies after about half an hour, for example.

The good news is that Jim and Lance saw all this first hand and are already looking into to what can be done to improve things.

I really can't stress how hard these 2 guys are working to improve things at Firhill just now, and that's on top of their day jobs.

Can I also point out that the North Stand kiosk didn't offer the veggie pie despite advertising it and when I asked why not? The answer was only the JHS sells those. I don't understand that logic!

To be honest I enjoy a wee pie (even though it tends to be crap) after a few drinks before the game. A packet of over priced minstrels and a bottle of water is more than a little disappointing.

The other problem with north stand catering is there was only 2 people serving so the q was huge and took a while to be served. The catering does need sorting but is it not contracted out?

With regards to half time entertainment - if anyone was at Hampden on Tuesday - with the kids having to try and score a goal in 10 secs that was fun to watch and obv wouldn't cost anything other than maybe some sweets for the kids!

Edited by little_miss_jag

It's an interesting suggestion and if you could get a sponsor(s) to cover the printing costs (which would be not inconsiderable) then it is something that could be worth considering.

There are a few practical difficulties to consider.

Production would be a bugger for a bumper issues. Time wise, first game of the season would probably be the best option. You basically then have the whole summer to produce it. Maybe more a 'year book' than an actual programme?

Distribution would be a nightmare - it is at the moment anyway. What if the crowd exceeds the number of programmes printed? Someone turning up late might be a bit peed off not to get their free programme. It would need to be 'subject to availability'.

It is something worth considering but I suspect offsetting the printing costs would be the major stumbling block.

I like your year book idea Tom. I'd defo get one.

Couple of questions, how many programmes do we get printed for a game, how many are not sold and what would the cost of say 3000 issues be? Rough questions, so very rough estimates would be fine :P

I like your year book idea Tom. I'd defo get one.

Couple of questions, how many programmes do we get printed for a game, how many are not sold and what would the cost of say 3000 issues be? Rough questions, so very rough estimates would be fine :P

How many do we print: anywhere between about 750 and a 1,000 on the gates we get at the moment.

How many do we have left: Hopefully none. I think we had about 50 unsold at the Falkirk game but they would have gone well if I had distributed them better. Too many in the north stand, not enough elsewhere.

Cost for about £3,000: I'm honestly not sure. The unit cost comes down the more your print obviously. Printing and selling 3,000 would make the Club a fair whack, especially if you multiplied the total by about 18 or so home games.

Just a note to say that we are aware of issues with Catering and delay via the turnstyles - they are being raised and will be addressed ,for the record Im not saying we will turn everything round overnight as but things are noted and the issues raised its then a matter of measuring changes to ensure we meet a high level of customer service.

A lot changed at the Falkirk Game but it was only a start we have a long way to go.

Lance whose new role is Matchday Operations Director is responsibilty for all aspects of Matchday from Stewarding to Catering,we are there checking how long it takes to get in the stadium ,how long it takes to get served ,paper towels etc etc.

We do not take any fan (either Thistle or away team) for granted, we need you support its up to PTFC to earn the right for you to spend your hard earned cash at the Club.

My mate queued up just after ht for pies only to be told there was no hot food left after waiting for twenty minutes.....

What were the bridies like? I got some from Stephens in the town centre and they were salty and had little steak about them. My only disappointment from yesterday's trip :lol:

My bridie was delicious and nice n warm.

I wanted a progamme and 50/50 ticket in the North Stand but never noticed them being sold. Were they somewhere quite obvious and I just missed them?

There was a 50/50 seller by the turnstile when I went in, but I was fairly early. I got my programme at the main entrance to the Aitken Suite, forgetting that arriving there at 2.32 meant I couldn't get a drink, not even a coke if I wanted it.

The coke I got in the North stand was flat and warm.