Just Out - East End Park 18/8/12

sandy

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I correct in thinking that the Aitken Suite is only really used on match days? If so, it's a waste of a potentially good resource for the rest of the week.

Also with regards to catering, I had the experience last season of getting served by a member of staff at a pie-stall in the JHS and before getting served, she was interrupted by her boyfriend and started having a conversation with him. I had to interrupt to get my pie, and was made to feel a voyeur. Polite, interested staff might be nice, and decent pies with meat rather than burnt gravy, or with a good selection of vegetables would hit the spot as well. What about bringing the lamb pies back?

I am sure a meeting between the company involved, the club and the onethistle guys would be result in positive changes knowing how committed to getting things right these guys are.

Give us a few weeks to tackle this; yes we need to talk to Club and present options for improvement.

Is there enough demand these days to justify a programme being printed at all? In this internet age I haven't bought a single one in years. I just wonder if with all it costs to get printed if it is at all worthwhile.

You can buy iPad versions of Arsenal's match programmes from iTunes - http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/the-matchday-programme-is-coming-to-ipad- £2.99 for 1, £3.99 for a month or 39.99 for a year. If the Jags offered a similar deal, it could raise some money, especially from those who can't get to games.

Great idea Kni.

I know when I was part of the Jags Trust i floated the idea of programme PDF subscriptions (eg for Nomads); it was not met with universal support but is worth revisiting.

Talking of the JT, I spotted the NW coven in tight pre-match formation at EEP. Does anyone know what they do? Just played closed door games?!

OneThistle is the way ahead :)

You can buy iPad versions of Arsenal's match programmes from iTunes - http://www.arsenal.c...coming-to-ipad- £2.99 for 1, £3.99 for a month or 39.99 for a year. If the Jags offered a similar deal, it could raise some money, especially from those who can't get to games.

You can get a programme sent to you (£2.50 plus P&P) if you can't make the game or did not get one at the moment. It could be worth the club putting a reminder about this on the website. Robert Reid deals with this I believe.

Is there enough demand these days to justify a programme being printed at all? In this internet age I haven't bought a single one in years. I just wonder if with all it costs to get printed if it is at all worthwhile.

It makes money on sales, so yes it's worthwhile getting printed.

Is there any reason why the club can't get an 'app' for smartphones etc.? I don't know much about how these things work but if there was an app that anyone could download for couple quid and it contained good content - some stats, pics, interviews, update it with the team line up at 2.45, match text commentary - much like the website I guess - then I'm sure plenty of jags fans across the land would download it.

I know it might sound a bit techy but my understanding is that they're not too difficult to make for the sort of people who know about that stuff. Surely there's a jags fan out there who would love to be the creator of such a thing for the club?

Is there any reason why the club can't get an 'app' for smartphones etc.? I don't know much about how these things work but if there was an app that anyone could download for couple quid and it contained good content - some stats, pics, interviews, update it with the team line up at 2.45, match text commentary - much like the website I guess - then I'm sure plenty of jags fans across the land would download it.

I know it might sound a bit techy but my understanding is that they're not too difficult to make for the sort of people who know about that stuff. Surely there's a jags fan out there who would love to be the creator of such a thing for the club?

just join twitter!

I have no desire to be part of the twitter thing - it doesn't interest me at all and I'm sure that could be the same for a lot of people. An app delivering all the content is a different concept and would also bring in money for the club

you don't really need to be a part of anything to be honest, sign up and 'follow' Thistle, follow Partick Thistle, getting carried away there. if you follow Thistle then you will only see their posts and updates, they update pics, and give updates throughout the game aswell, much in the same way an app would work.

Just a note to say that we are aware of issues with Catering and delay via the turnstyles - they are being raised and will be addressed ,for the record Im not saying we will turn everything round overnight as but things are noted and the issues raised its then a matter of measuring changes to ensure we meet a high level of customer service.

A lot changed at the Falkirk Game but it was only a start we have a long way to go.

Lance whose new role is Matchday Operations Director is responsibilty for all aspects of Matchday from Stewarding to Catering,we are there checking how long it takes to get in the stadium ,how long it takes to get served ,paper towels etc etc.

We do not take any fan (either Thistle or away team) for granted, we need you support its up to PTFC to earn the right for you to spend your hard earned cash at the Club.

Jim, why is it the TVs are on sometimes in the concourse and other times they're not? I think that could have a direct effect re queuing at the pie stalls. I'll nip down for a pie before half time and queue if I can watch the action on the TV. If the TV's off and the queue too slow I give it a miss. Also I assume that if the TVs are off more punters will leave queuing till half time and that exasperates the situation.

My brother mentioned that at half time in the Falkirk game he couldn't get a soft drink in the JH stand (something to do with Co2 supply???). Said he was in the family section next to the corporate bit but was told it was affecting the whole concourse.

Do Macb not want to hand out free samples at home games? You might see this as having an adverse effect on sales of other soft drinks but surely working closely with a main sponsor has other spin offs too. Not to mention free stuff for Jag's fans!

Jim, why is it the TVs are on sometimes in the concourse and other times they're not? I think that could have a direct effect re queuing at the pie stalls. I'll nip down for a pie before half time and queue if I can watch the action on the TV. If the TV's off and the queue too slow I give it a miss. Also I assume that if the TVs are off more punters will leave queuing till half time and that exasperates the situation.

No idea- I will ask and try and ensure they are always on, as I agree it means fans can nip out early ,in saying that jumping up and down at the Kiosk with hot Bovril if we score may be a H&S issue. :innocent2:

My brother mentioned that at half time in the Falkirk game he couldn't get a soft drink in the JH stand (something to do with Co2 supply???). Said he was in the family section next to the corporate bit but was told it was affecting the whole concourse.

Do Macb not want to hand out free samples at home games? You might see this as having an adverse effect on sales of other soft drinks but surely working closely with a main sponsor has other spin offs too. Not to mention free stuff for Jag's fans!

I got a bottle of Highland Spring at the Falkirk game and paid £1 odds for it. Doesn't make sense to be selling water of the competition does it?

I have no desire to be part of the twitter thing - it doesn't interest me at all and I'm sure that could be the same for a lot of people. An app delivering all the content is a different concept and would also bring in money for the club

I can appreciate what you're saying. An app though would also bring in cash for the club

You can get a programme sent to you (£2.50 plus P&P) if you can't make the game or did not get one at the moment. It could be worth the club putting a reminder about this on the website. Robert Reid deals with this I believe.

i can confirm this,Robert has supplied me with programmes for a number of years,its well worth it and reliable

I got a bottle of Highland Spring at the Falkirk game and paid £1 odds for it. Doesn't make sense to be selling water of the competition does it?

No it doesn't Little_miss_jag.

We need to get Seb Coe involved, he wouldn't stand for that. You shouldn't be allowed in the stadium with brand image showing on your apparel or with any kind of beverage that is not an official commercial partner of Partick Thistle Football Club! No more Nike or Umbro branding allowed within the stadium.

...and you had to pay a £1 for it.

Why do we have a major commercial partner for something as basic as water and yet we don't stock their product in our kiosks?