Just Out - Firhill 25/08/12

sandy

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OneThistle hate criticism so much that Sandy has gone and blocked me on twitter!

Sorry you took it so personal mate! That "you" really was onethistle - not aimed at you Sandy!

So much for lacking a sense of humour jeez!

I promise not to cry myself to sleep if you do too?

:thumbsup2:

Edited by little_miss_jag

OneThistle hate criticism so much that Sandy has gone and blocked me on twitter!

Sorry you took it so personal mate! That "you" really was onethistle - not aimed at you Sandy!

So much for lacking a sense of humour jeez!

I promise not to cry myself to sleep if you do too?

:thumbsup2:

I would block you as well

Obviuosly the fact that I am not on Twitter nor do I know how it works might be a barrier but rest assured if I did you would be blocked.

anyway no more nonsense or Im letting the kids into the North Stand :evil:

I see this has went the usual way with it starting to get a personnel agenda, disappointing and shouldnt be about that.

I wasnt there but from the outside and from what ive heard from my Da and Brother the matchday experience is improving, constructive critisism is good if it is done right, can they sort it all over night, no but i'm sure they'll try, these guys are not event orginasors or concert promotors etc they are normal fans trying to make it a wee bit better for all of us, give them a wee bit of slack,

Given time it will work, it works incredibly well here with the Viking Horden and Brann Batallion basically running the singing areas at the grounds including the gate duties its far better for another fan to have a wee word in your ear over something than the boys in blue carting you off.

seeing as others have raised it, i'll second the catering fiasco.

2 trips to get a drink at 2 different games. both times, no gas for the taps. both times a scene of total and utter shambles trying to get it resolved which resulted in me walking away empty handed.

the language used by the catering staff and a steward drafted in to fix the problem (he didnt, he merely dropped the gas bottle on his toe (and i heard the clunk) and came out the door effin all over the place) was probably worse then some people complain about in the stands!

to make matters worse, each time there was a big, but 100% empty, fridge siting in the corner, which could have been stocked with water, macb, ribena, capri sun - anything really.

both visits were before half time.

dont want to moan, just want to pass on my experience in the hope it helps improve it.

I dont often use the pie stalls but feel sorry for those who regularly do, especially if they have kids with them.

Imagine that cursing when you hurt yourself!!! what a naughty naughty boy!

Right - I'm actually going to stick up for the catering and the staff! At the start of the season I always think there are problems (they didn't have any hotdogs at all at the beginning of last season), but these issues are usually solved in a few weeks. I am generally satisfied with what I get, although I know when catering for so many people that everything isn't always going to be in the same condition. I'm not saying everything is always perfect, but it is, more often than not, acceptable. The staff have always been fine with me as well, and I haven't witnessed anything different with those being served before/around me.

I also wouldn't like to be involved in the purchasing for the catering - the four home games we've had have had a fewer than expected attendance (Celtic), an average attendance (Everton) and two attendances well above last years average (Falkirk and Dumbarton).

The things I've got a problem with are probably largely outwith their control and are things I've mentioned before. The multiple queue system doesn't work, and seems to be monitored/implemented by the stewards who, i guess, have no idea or connection with the catering. Imagine standing in the catering stall quite happy with how the queue is going and then the stewards try and get something different going. One of you has to leave to fix a fizzy drink problem or get more stock and suddenly there's a queue (that the stewards put there!) not being served. Nobody is happy (customers and staff) but is is the fault of neither!

I'm sure the club didn't outsource this because it is profitable and easy to organise.

Surely with David Beattie's experience catering should be one of the things that we as a club are on top of. It has been abysmal for years and we have to see this as a really important area of the 'matchday experience'. Whatever the deal is that is in place it seriously has to be reviewed and if the caterers ar not coming up to scratch it has to be tackled head on.

Rab, rest assured this is in onethistle matchday report and I'm going to ensure a customer services volunteer is across in North Stand this Sat to try and improve things for you.

Cheers, Sandy

Hi Sandy, I dont know if you have misunderstood my post, because I was saying that things have improved for me since I have moved to the new stand, I couldnt be happier! Also, a member of the OneThistle team came round to the North Stand before Saturday's match and spoke to us disabled supporters. My dad and I both told him the same as what I said to you in my post, about how there were a couple of things that could be improved when we were in the Main Stand, but being in the North Stand now is much better. He listened and took what we said on board, so I have no problems whatsoever. :thumbsup2: