Just Out - Firhill 1/912

sandy

Thistle v Hamilton 1st September 2012

Please use this thread later today to give OneThistle feedback on your own matchday experience at Firhill today. We will have 6 onethistle volunteers on duty around the ground today; stop them, say hello and give them your thoughts on what we could improve.

We are particularly interested in the catering queues.

Thanks for your views.

Cheers, Sandy

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a minor point but irritating none the less.

I turned up in good time at Firhill today and avoiding the season ticket holder seats

I selected a good seat in the JH stand to enjoy the game.

However, a few minutes before kick off a young lad informed me I was in his seat.

I queried with his dad why it wasn't labelled as a season ticket holder's seat and he told

me they had just bought the ticket. Fair enough, and I managed to get an other, albeit inferior,

seat.

This could be tricky at bigger games as in similar circumstances I might be forced right

down the front, in a seat open to the weather for example, despite arriving in good time for

the game.

Could there not be a better system introduced for allocating seats to avoid this problem.

Just a minor point but irritating none the less.

I turned up in good time at Firhill today and avoiding the season ticket holder seats

I selected a good seat in the JH stand to enjoy the game.

However, a few minutes before kick off a young lad informed me I was in his seat.

I queried with his dad why it wasn't labelled as a season ticket holder's seat and he told

me they had just bought the ticket. Fair enough, and I managed to get an other, albeit inferior,

seat.

This could be tricky at bigger games as in similar circumstances I might be forced right

down the front, in a seat open to the weather for example, despite arriving in good time for

the game.

Could there not be a better system introduced for allocating seats to avoid this problem.

Was the 'young lad' under 16? If so, he doesn't have a seat number. No problem today but don't know how it will work in the event of a full house in a league game.

We had an incident in the north stand just before half time, a mate had an epileptic seizure. The stewards and medics were great but I'd urge the first steward on the scene not to make his first question "has he been drinking?". Try, "what's happened?" or something eh. Whether he had been drinking or not did not matter at this point, getting medical attention did.

He's ok now, but I got a bit ratty with the steward...hope he learned from the experience.

We had an incident in the north stand just before half time, a mate had an epileptic seizure. The stewards and medics were great but I'd urge the first steward on the scene not to make his first question "has he been drinking?". Try, "what's happened?" or something eh. Whether he had been drinking or not did not matter at this point, getting medical attention did.

He's ok now, but I got a bit ratty with the steward...hope he learned from the experience.

Glad to hear he is ok! :)

Hope he is back in the Shed next Sunday!

Edited by little_miss_jag

Good to see Mac B water being sold considering there our sponsors! Only bought a bottle of water today and the q was fairly low - although she put it in a cup and never gave me a lid!

Only other thing I would say is I can't hear a thing Lance says from the North stand - I get bits and bobs but miss most of it! Just me?

On a negative point.... a couple of years ago I stopped going to the Aitken Suite (after a few visits) because of that barmaid shreiking at the top of her voice for everyone to 'drink up and start moving' (much louder than normal pubs at midnight by the way). I'm not putting up with that anywhere. Someone clearly has had a word with her last season/this season. But today she started it up again about 2:40. Totally unnecessary, by that time people are mostly going out the door anyway. 2:40 doesn't matter too much but if it creeps down to 2:30 again.... I'm offski to the Woody for the season.

Was the 'young lad' under 16? If so, he doesn't have a seat number. No problem today but don't know how it will work in the event of a full house in a league game.

Not true! I got the seats beside my ST seat reserved for the kids. They are stickered as reserved.

Might be worth having a word with someone at the club to suggest they repaint the lines of the parking spaces behind the Jackie Husband Stand. There are people who probably don't call the club prior to the Saturday requesting a space as they have mobility issues but could do with a space that saves them walking too far but with the lines of the bays being so faint there are 2 spaces being taken up by people who are not parked very well and cars are turned away when, if people parked properly, more cars could be admitted.

Saw someone being taken away by the medics - hope he is okay and looking forward to Sunday's game.

Loads better about going to Firhill this year and a winning team does help. But for the love of god sort out the terrible catering arrangements. From the 3 queues, crap service, expensive cack that is served up there is plenty to improve there.

Does the family section work where it is? Not complaining, just a question. Seems many guys have sat in this section for years and are now surrounded with kids.

I moved into the North Stand today to see what it was like, and to be honest, I have never had such a great day out at a football game for years! It's the first time in ages that I've gone home hoarse!

That's what a football match should be all about - constant singing, banter with the away fans and quality on the pitch!

I must admit to having been a bit cynical about the decision to move home fans into the north stand but having witnessed it first hand, it is an absolute belter of a decision.

Reckon I won't be back in the JHS rest of the season.

The question about whether three line queues at the pie stall are a good idea or not is fairly academic. There's virtually no urgency to serve you in the first place.The people running the catering are a joke. I'd have thought serving as many people as possible would be the first requisite to ensure making some sort of success out of what can't be the most intricate of businesses. Apparently not.