Just Out - Firhill 1/912

sandy

Loads better about going to Firhill this year and a winning team does help. But for the love of god sort out the terrible catering arrangements. From the 3 queues, crap service, expensive cack that is served up there is plenty to improve there.

Does the family section work where it is? Not complaining, just a question. Seems many guys have sat in this section for years and are now surrounded with kids.

Been thinking the same thing myself re the family section. I reckon it would work better at the city end for several reasons. The ladies toilets issue I mentioned last week, seems silly that the one nearest the family section can't be used due to away fans. Feel the kids can get more into it in a kids way rather than taking the lead from the shed, which can be a bit 'not for kids'. There is more chance of the JHS getting banter going with away fans, and joining in with the shed, if that section was predominantly adults. The kids can move up the JHS the older they get. Jaggy MacB could get involved at that end and encourage the kids to sing etc (could maybe provide other entertainment/encouragement too) without impacting on the view of the game for other sections of the JHS.

Just thinking out loud.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With catering seemingly the biggest ongoing issue i'm assuming the complaints have been passed on to the club by onethistle. Just wondering if the club or caterers have had any thoughts on the matter or if anyone has came back to say what they're going to do about the problems?

With catering seemingly the biggest ongoing issue i'm assuming the complaints have been passed on to the club by onethistle. Just wondering if the club or caterers have had any thoughts on the matter or if anyone has came back to say what they're going to do about the problems?

Seems like people are complaining but nothing is changing?

Maxi was certainly in the city end of the JH overseeing the catering at half time, so I think the club are aware of the issues - hopefully changes will follow soon.

Been thinking the same thing myself re the family section. I reckon it would work better at the city end for several reasons. The ladies toilets issue I mentioned last week, seems silly that the one nearest the family section can't be used due to away fans. Feel the kids can get more into it in a kids way rather than taking the lead from the shed, which can be a bit 'not for kids'. There is more chance of the JHS getting banter going with away fans, and joining in with the shed, if that section was predominantly adults. The kids can move up the JHS the older they get. Jaggy MacB could get involved at that end and encourage the kids to sing etc (could maybe provide other entertainment/encouragement too) without impacting on the view of the game for other sections of the JHS.

Just thinking out loud.

Good idea. I don't think the kids are getting involved in the singing as much as was hoped and as you say, some of the songs they shouldn't be singing anyway. Would definitely be worth a shot as I think you're right in saying it might improve the banter between home and away fans in jhs.

Seems like people are complaining but nothing is changing?

You would hope they would be listening to the complaints and trying to make changes but even if they aren't going to they should at least be acknowledging there is an issue and the complaints of the customers.

Jaggy MacB could get involved at that end and encourage the kids to sing etc (could maybe provide other entertainment/encouragement too) without impacting on the view of the game for other sections of the JHS.

Just thinking out loud.

If you put a song on the jaggy macB page in the programme (do they still have a kids page?) - so even if its just jaggy MacB saying today lets sing "Stand up for Thistle" or "PTFC" or whatever you want - and explaining how it goes and before the game starts Jaggy MacB or anyone could maybe sing it with the kids?

Would something like this encourage kids to maybe sing a little bit? I guess I am also just thinking aloud!

Looked like there was a few kids trying to get involved today when shed were singing "stand up for the thistle".

Was the 'young lad' under 16? If so, he doesn't have a seat number. No problem today but don't know how it will work in the event of a full house in a league game.

U16s can reserve seats if they wish, some wished to sit beside their parents in a seat not in the 'kids zone', which is not a problem.

Might be worth having a word with someone at the club to suggest they repaint the lines of the parking spaces behind the Jackie Husband Stand. There are people who probably don't call the club prior to the Saturday requesting a space as they have mobility issues but could do with a space that saves them walking too far but with the lines of the bays being so faint there are 2 spaces being taken up by people who are not parked very well and cars are turned away when, if people parked properly, more cars could be admitted.

Anyone with mobility issues can phone the club from the Monday before a matchday to reserve a parking space, limited spaces, this list is then passed on to the steward at the bottom of the hill.

Good idea. I don't think the kids are getting involved in the singing as much as was hoped and as you say, some of the songs they shouldn't be singing anyway. Would definitely be worth a shot as I think you're right in saying it might improve the banter between home and away fans in jhs.

don't think putting 20,000 volts through the Accies fans today would have lived them up !

If you put a song on the jaggy macB page in the programme (do they still have a kids page?) - so even if its just jaggy MacB saying today lets sing "Stand up for Thistle" or "PTFC" or whatever you want - and explaining how it goes and before the game starts Jaggy MacB or anyone could maybe sing it with the kids?

Would something like this encourage kids to maybe sing a little bit? I guess I am also just thinking aloud!

Looked like there was a few kids trying to get involved today when shed were singing "stand up for the thistle".

Great idea - they'll only sing if they know what to sing!

Great idea - they'll only sing if they know what to sing!

Well that's my thinking, it's quite easy to think you know what's been sung but actually be completely wrong..

If you have the page to refer to then most will use it, plus for most kids if Jaggy MacB does it then they would too!

And the hokey cokey song is the perfect start for them.

Did someone on here not have a problem with the word "Tim" being used?

I love the hokey cokey song.

Edited by little_miss_jag

Yeah something like that... Keep Jaggy MacB out during the game, maybe get some wee bees out there with him (a potential money maker if kids are given the chance to pay for the privledge of dressing as a wee macbee) to encourage the kids to make some noise. Could also get volunteers to help. Thinking along the 'American' line a wee bit.

Good to see Mac B water being sold considering there our sponsors! Only bought a bottle of water today and the q was fairly low - although she put it in a cup and never gave me a lid!

Only other thing I would say is I can't hear a thing Lance says from the North stand - I get bits and bobs but miss most of it! Just me?

i didn't hear lance at all.

catering is a joke still as others have said. i got in at half two today and it took ten minutes to get served and that was with about six people in front of me. employing people who are actually aware of what they are supposed to be doing and not looking and acting as if they've been dragged away from their xboxes in the middle of a game.

Maybe in seasons to come, as part of the kids' season ticket package, they can get a CD of some kid-appropriate Thistle songs that they can listen to at home and in the car. Yeah, it may annoy the parents, but I'm sure they'd prefer listening to Thistle songs rather than kiddie tunes or watered-down kiddie versions of popular music (it's popular over here, I dunno about where you are).

Then on match days, there could be a designated "song leader" - an adult - who gets the kids singing at different times during the game. The kids then know the songs because they listen to them at home, and they feel encouraged to sing because they have someone leading them.

Just tossing out ideas; if it works for organised religion, it can work for Thistle! (and who's to say the two aren't the same thing!?)

I moved into the North Stand today to see what it was like, and to be honest, I have never had such a great day out at a football game for years! It's the first time in ages that I've gone home hoarse!

That's what a football match should be all about - constant singing, banter with the away fans and quality on the pitch!

I must admit to having been a bit cynical about the decision to move home fans into the north stand but having witnessed it first hand, it is an absolute belter of a decision.

Reckon I won't be back in the JHS rest of the season.

Snap.

For all of you wondering whether to try the move, I can't recommend it highly enough. On the down side, you only appreciate how good the view from high in the JHS is once you sit elsewhere - but that was more than compensated for by getting to sing and stand and shout and give vickies to the Hamilton fans.

LOVED it. Great idea, well done all who made this happen.

Maybe in seasons to come, as part of the kids' season ticket package, they can get a CD of some kid-appropriate Thistle songs that they can listen to at home and in the car. Yeah, it may annoy the parents, but I'm sure they'd prefer listening to Thistle songs rather than kiddie tunes or watered-down kiddie versions of popular music (it's popular over here, I dunno about where you are).

Then on match days, there could be a designated "song leader" - an adult - who gets the kids singing at different times during the game. The kids then know the songs because they listen to them at home, and they feel encouraged to sing because they have someone leading them.

Just tossing out ideas; if it works for organised religion, it can work for Thistle! (and who's to say the two aren't the same thing!?)

Horrendous idea.

I had a bit of a rant on another thread about this manufacturing songs and atmosphere guff. It just doesn't work. A tape for the car might be fun for the "wheels on the bus" but I don't see it happening for "Mary from Maryhill". I have no problem with the language (and I have two wee-ish weans myself), but rather the artificiality of it all.

Football songs have to emerge spontaneously at the game: it's the only way. Today we had "Your maw's a mattress", "You're just a sh!t Andy Caroll" and one about fatty's tits being bigger than those of his wife. Offensive, purile - and utterly brilliant: and all just came out of nowhere...

...not made up on an internet forum or from a childrens' song book

Horrendous idea.

I had a bit of a rant on another thread about this manufacturing songs and atmosphere guff. It just doesn't work. A tape for the car might be fun for the "wheels on the bus" but I don't see it happening for "Mary from Maryhill". I have no problem with the language (and I have two wee-ish weans myself), but rather the artificiality of it all.

Football songs have to emerge spontaneously at the game: it's the only way. Today we had "Your maw's a mattress", "You're just a sh!t Andy Caroll" and one about fatty's tits being bigger than those of his wife. Offensive, purile - and utterly brilliant: and all just came out of nowhere...

...not made up on an internet forum or from a childrens' song book

My two know 'we're comin down the road', they sing the line 'red and yellow, not your green or blue...Partick Thistle football club for me will do' and 'we're a well known Glasgow football team'. All learned from a cd. Your theory works well for adults but we're talking about trying to get kids involved here. How else do you envisage teaching the younger generation of jags fans the traditional jags songs when they will hardly hear them at games as they ain't allowed in the stand where the songs are sung?

I like the cd idea a really lot.

i didn't hear lance at all.

catering is a joke still as others have said. i got in at half two today and it took ten minutes to get served and that was with about six people in front of me. employing people who are actually aware of what they are supposed to be doing and not looking and acting as if they've been dragged away from their xboxes in the middle of a game.

you'd have done great if you did hear Lance. for the 3 games so far Michael Max has been announcer!

Always thought it would be much better if we were shooting towards the shed end in the second half rather than the first. The last few home games have been fine when we've taken a lead in the first half, but if we get a game where we need to push for an equaliser or winner in the 2nd half I think it would help to have the fans behind the goal encouraging the players.

Is the guy who had the fit alright? Looked like he was okay when he left but I'm a big drama queen and was proper worried for a bit.

Seen a few new faces in the North Stand today, obviously a few guys who thought they'd give it a go and it looked like they enjoyed it big time. If in doubt give it a go!

The guys that got a wee bit carried away and went on the pitch after our first goal shouldn't have done it but for Christ sake they were back in the stand in the blink of an eye, no need for them getting chucked out and all that. Same way the 8 young Accies that got a bit of grief in the away end for standing. There is no trouble at Firhill, tell these high vis muppets to stop trying to make a name for themselves.

Shit Andy Caroll.