Just Out - Firhill 1/912

sandy

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always thought it would be much better if we were shooting towards the shed end in the second half rather than the first. The last few home games have been fine when we've taken a lead in the first half, but if we get a game where we need to push for an equaliser or winner in the 2nd half I think it would help to have the fans behind the goal encouraging the players.

Have to disagree on that point if you heard the support for our players and the abuse of theirs today

Take for example our last goal, their keeper was shellshocked

Whether it's Lance or Michael Max I can't hear a word he says in the North Stand. I suppose the up side of that is that we don't really hear the goal music or anything like that but it would be nice to be able to hear the half time draw announcement.

Shooting towards the Shed End in the 2nd half could be something that those who talk to the players on twitter could mention to be passed on. It could be as simple as that for Archie to be aware of it and try and make it happen at the coin toss.

The guys that got a wee bit carried away and went on the pitch after our first goal shouldn't have done it but for Christ sake they were back in the stand in the blink of an eye, no need for them getting chucked out and all that. Same way the 8 young Accies that got a bit of grief in the away end for standing. There is no trouble at Firhill, tell these high vis muppets to stop trying to make a name for themselves.

Looked like they got lifted for it. Led away out the ground by the police rather than just chucked out by the stewards.

Shooting towards the Shed End in the 2nd half could be something that those who talk to the players on twitter could mention to be passed on. It could be as simple as that for Archie to be aware of it and try and make it happen at the coin toss.

These North Standers want everything don't they. Standing, veggie pies and all the second half goalmouth action :P

You would hope they would be listening to the complaints and trying to make changes but even if they aren't going to they should at least be acknowledging there is an issue and the complaints of the customers.

Very much so, onethistle will be pushing for improvements :)

Yes they do if they have a season ticket.

Not by default, although it seems it can be arranged (see a few posts above yours).

My son has a season ticket but no allocated seat.

When I enquired about this on this very forum, Jordanhill Jag stated that child season tickets do not have an allocated seat.

Edited by H Wragg

Seeing how much everyone is enjoying the New Shed just makes me think it would be a great shame to get promoted and give it back to away fans.

Complaints:

Why is my seat not fitted with a commode? Is there something OneThistle can do about this?

I bought half-time draw tickets last week and didn't win. Yesterday I took them back to the seller but he refused me a refund and also charged me for new ones. A disgrace. (Even then I didn't win anything.)

Announcement:

I've fallen in love with the barmaid in the Woody. (She's got the goodies, I've got a woody.)

Edited by Sam Leitch Loyal

Myself and two mates ventured into the North Stand and must say it was a good experience.

Decent view for behind a goal. No queue at pie stall and a really good atmosphere. It was quite eventful with the ejections, fattie and some good chants. Also pay at the gate.

No programme but I didn't get in until after three :P

Loving the Thistle experience ay the moment :)

Anyone with mobility issues can phone the club from the Monday before a matchday to reserve a parking space, limited spaces, this list is then passed on to the steward at the bottom of the hill.

The point I was making is that with, as you say, limited spaces the lines should be repainted so that every space is used. Yesterday there were at least 5 spaces I saw that could not be used as cars had been parked badly (possibly as a result of the lines being so faint).

why did it take 8 people to deal with one person and another to stand and watch? light touch?

Because there were two fans not one ,there were two stewards for each of the fans who jumped over the fence ,two Police Officers from the that stand ,they then handed over to two Police Officers who arrived in the Police Van ,there were no more people involved than required ,Sandy stood and watched as an idependant observer- but was not involved.

There were very few incidents and the only time Stewards were involved in the North Stand beyond the aforementioned was in relation to Medical issues that were dealt with quickly and effectively.

So yes we have "soft touch Stewarding" as much as possible,

Edited by Jordanhill Jag

Seems like people are complaining but nothing is changing?

Myself ,Maxxy ,Two Managers from the Catering Company ,Sandy and onethistle Team Members were all in the concourse at halftime looking at the issues concerning catering compliants ,in simple terms we have jumped significantly in crowds this Season - it will create issues (which is a positive as we have more fans) ,it then means we have to look at ways of addressing the issues - which we are doing.Some things can be addressed quicker than others.

Not by default, although it seems it can be arranged (see a few posts above yours).

My son has a season ticket but no allocated seat.

When I enquired about this on this very forum, Jordanhill Jag stated that child season tickets do not have an allocated seat.

You can pay for a Childs Allocated Seat its about £40 - all other Young Supporters Season Tickets are for unallocated seats.

Regarding the reply about the kids' CD idea (sorry, I'm typing on my mobile and can't reply directly to your post...):

I agree that the best songs, aside from the old standards, are made up on the spot. My point about doing a CD is that it would be specifically for kids - kids don't do spontaneity, and if you want to get them involved in singing, they have to know the words and they usually need someone to orchestrate them.

I don't see why the Futures kids couldn't learn the age-appropriate songs or even have songs of their own. When they're old enough to become "ultras" or whatever, they'll of course gravitate to whatever the Shed folk are singing.

Anyway, I think that if you could get the kids to unite in full voice, even with something like "we are thistle, we score when we want", it could be a real thrill for them. The more personally involved the kids are, the more likely they would be to support Thistle for life.

Myself ,Maxxy ,Two Managers from the Catering Company ,Sandy and onethistle Team Members were all in the concourse at halftime looking at the issues concerning catering compliants ,in simple terms we have jumped significantly in crowds this Season - it will create issues (which is a positive as we have more fans) ,it then means we have to look at ways of addressing the issues - which we are doing.Some things can be addressed quicker than others.

I appreciate it will take time to change things, but the catering problems aren't a result of bigger crowds, there were exactly the same problems last year. The queue system is a mess, the quality of food on offer is poor (that's when they don't run out of things before half time), and the service can (as much as I don't like to criticise people who will be on pennies) be pretty rude.

I appreciate it will take time to change things, but the catering problems aren't a result of bigger crowds, there were exactly the same problems last year. The queue system is a mess, the quality of food on offer is poor (that's when they don't run out of things before half time), and the service can (as much as I don't like to criticise people who will be on pennies) be pretty rude.

I dont doubt your comments ref last Season however as we are up on crowd numbers it will put more pressure on queues no matter the system ,there is also a finite number of people who can work behind the counter ,the quality of food and service levels can be addressed.We have compliants ,there was detialed discussions and those responsible actually in the concourse looking at the issues ,there will be a number of things we will change ,measure the impact and see what is working.

In the past the response to compliants ref Catering was a lecture on how difficult it was to run a Pie Stall ,we are listening to both users and providers and trying to get the best solution that provides the required service and allows the provider to make a profit - we will keep fans informed on progress both on forums and any other communications outlets from PTFC.

So we are clear whilst the previous caterer was very good at the end he was barely covering his costs due to diminishing crowds- it has to work for everyone involved.

Jim, as mentioned previously if the present caterer isn't interested in selling their product there's very little you/one thistle can do. Where I went the steward was very helpful trying to direct folk to a quieter stall and/or organising queue lines. That good work is effectively redundant when the service is so idiotically slow and staff either unaware of that or plain disinterested in serving.