Wedding Venues

chunky jag

me and my good lady are beginning to plan our wedding having got engaged on Friday (took her ring shopping Saturday followed by the game!).

looking at venues just now, just looking to get a list of places and trim it down, anyone got any recommendations?

anyone had any weddings or been to any weddings and you thought the venue was the dogs baws?

cheers

Have been to a few good wedding venues over the years and some pretty poor ones too.

Have you thought about how many guests you're going to have? Or a rough idea of how far you're willing to travel?

Edit - Also consider whether you want the service and the reception at the same venue.

Edited by Norman

Guest fredthecheesecloth

Was at a wedding at the Seamill Hydro which was class.

I am getting married at Loch Green in Troon next year. There are some other cracking venues in that area of the world, available without the "city centre premium".

Congrats on getting engaged, but you bottled it! The ring should be purchased beforehand, this adds to the whole excitement of it. I hope you asked permission.

Was at a wedding at the Seamill Hydro which was class.

I am getting married at Loch Green in Troon next year. There are some other cracking venues in that area of the world, available without the "city centre premium".

Congrats on getting engaged, but you bottled it! The ring should be purchased beforehand, this adds to the whole excitement of it. I hope you asked permission.

thanks for all the tips guys i'll look at all those, just casting net far and wide just now. guest list already edging toward the 100 mark for during the day so just eliminating venues basedon that.

I didn't bottle it! i asked permission of course-her mum was adamant that she would want to pick it herself so just following orders!

We're having ours (wedding and reception) here: http://www.houseforanartlover.co.uk/celebrations . It would be perfect for your numbers. We are hoping to stay at Grand Central Hotel afterwards (it was too expensive for the wedding!)

I've been to Doune Caste (ceremony only), Dunblane Hydro (reception only), MacDonald Marine Hotel (both), MacDonald Forest Hills (both), Brig o Doon (both), Glenskirlie Castle and Airth Castle recently - all good places.

• 3 months later...

I'm bumping this as I'm looking for venues now myself. 80 max but I'm thinking of trimming it to a smaller amount and then having a larger party as I will have to be paying for it myself! Would prefer in Glasgow as been to loads of "out of town" weddings all over the UK. Looking at September/October. This is where the fun stops. Planning is not going to be enjoyable.

I'm bumping this as I'm looking for venues now myself. 80 max but I'm thinking of trimming it to a smaller amount and then having a larger party as I will have to be paying for it myself! Would prefer in Glasgow as been to loads of "out of town" weddings all over the UK. Looking at September/October. This is where the fun stops. Planning is not going to be enjoyable.

We're here in May. 80 day guests and another 50 at night...

http://www.houseforanartlover.co.uk/celebrations/weddings

They have different packages based on affordability.

Good Luck!