U 16S In The North Stand

les

Anyone know why u16s are not allowed in the north stand. My boys 13 so not a wee kid. I know he would love it in there as were we sit hardly any singing goes on Also have some mobility issues and dread that hill on a Saturday so would be easier all round

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know why u16s are not allowed in the north stand. My boys 13 so not a wee kid. I know he would love it in there as were we sit hardly any singing goes on Also have some mobility issues and dread that hill on a Saturday so would be easier all round

As has been said before, it was the police that stipulated this when the idea was first conceived.

They insisted that no under 16s were allowed, if we didn't agree to this the move wouldn't have gone ahead. Sad but true.

If things go well they may change their minds, who knows.

Such a shame if anything older kids would love it in there the atmosphere is spot on and as I say would save me missing games or knackering myself because of that hill Come on police change that wee rule at least for over 12s I'm a mother and there is nothing that is said or goes on in in there that I wold be offended by. Makes no real sense.

Such a shame if anything older kids would love it in there the atmosphere is spot on and as I say would save me missing games or knackering myself because of that hill Come on police change that wee rule at least for over 12s I'm a mother and there is nothing that is said or goes on in in there that I wold be offended by. Makes no real sense.

I agree that as long as the kid is over 12 and accompanied by an adult then it should be ok.

Make a success of the current arrangement and maybe the cops could be persuaded. Strange that its a cops final decision anyway.

The Club has a system in place that has been worked out how best to let this work. it allows the kids to form their own group together, to form their own section. thats aspires, when old enough to move to the north stand.

The singing section is being policed in a very relaxed manner, leading to a vast improvement in the atmosphere at the ground. To then let people in as young as 12? would see this ripped up and all stewarding/policing reworked, probably, not to the advantage of the North Stand.

Are people also saying that one of the few North Stand gates should be handed over to potentially 20 kids and their adults? therefore meaning that that queues at the other few gates should be increased?

Do people remember the debate about the song being sung at the player the other week? can you imagine the moaning on here if that singing had been getting done my someone standing beside a 12 year old!!!

I know some folk make a joke of it, but LMJ made a great point about the shed section in the JHS... at some points it was a joke, with weans running about, not wanting to stand/sit at peace, screaming at each other, throwing stuff at folk sitting infront of them, it was like a creche.

Whoa Potty Trained

Cool the jets.

Some kids might aspire to go to there own section but most older boys and girls probably still want to be with their parent.

Why do any gates have to be handed over at all. Kids that age get in for nothing and the parent buys a ticket as usual. Don,t also see why any kid over 12 needs any special stewarding or policing applied.

We are talking 12-16 years olds here not babies. As they would have to be accompanied by an adult then the adult has made the informed choice on whether he thinks anythings is offensive or not.

I get the feeling that maybe its more we have our singing section and your no getting in.

My lad is 15 and I wouldn,t have any problem with him going with me to the North Stand. Do you think we can,t hear songs with swear words etc just because supporters are in the North Stand.

I think I,ll stick to the JHS so that my boy can continue to play with his ball in the bottom row.

it's just like shuggie the other week, suggesting the singing section could be moved to the main stand.... we've got a new system, that has taken a summer to organise and get working properly, it's still got teething problems, but is proving to be a success yet folk are wanting to change it!

change it in such a way that would have a detrimental effect on the atmosphere.

The rule for no under 16s is a bit of a pain in the @rse for me as well..my wee boy used to love the noise in the JHS (When there was some).

I am now faced with the dilema of sitting in the JHS with my wee boy while all my mates are in the North.

I think u16's with an adult would have been better...but at the end of the days its the cozzers that get the final say.

I,ll abide by the Police rule. Its no issue for me at all, or any criticism of the One Thistle or the Board. Its a victim maybe of its own success.

We are just expressing a view point that it would be good to get an invite if the police were to be convinced as the atmosphere looks excellent.

I,ll abide by the Police rule. Its no issue for me at all, or any criticism of the One Thistle or the Board. Its a victim maybe of its own success.

We are just expressing a view point that it would be good to get an invite if the police were to be convinced as the atmosphere looks excellent.

Sorry if i came across as ranting TC, just been on another forum greeting about bstard drivers who park their full car's on pavements when they have a driveway and brought my rage over here!!!

although i don't agree with u16's being in the north stand, i possibly put it across in an unfriendly manner,

but, regardless of my opinion, it is the police who decide...

lets not forget, the whole north stand move needs to be done by the book, there are folk up in police control, who probably are dead against this... so the slightest issue is going to be reported to the club as a negative.

I think reducing the age criteria for the north stand to 13 and over seems fairer, as by that age most people who go to the football are primarily interested in the game, rather than running up and down the steps, or chasing discarded half-time draw tickets, or randomly screeching.

Also, it is around that age that many people start to attend games with their mates, rather than their parent(s), so I reckon the youngsters would love it. As regards the 'paedo' chants the other week, well, I am pretty sure I was aware of that term by the time I had notched 13 years.

However, if the polis have insisted that it be open to over-16s only then there isn't much we can really do.

Edited by Guy Incognito

the language coming out of that stand is a disgrace. it was even worse on the telly.

Jings crivens help ma boab, i did hear the gaelic commentary on the tv repeat (did have it down low admittedly as i knew it would be a disgrace and grate on my nips), but didn't hear any gaelic shouts or comments coming from the stand. Who are these people? I demand to know who these people are, they should be named shamed and outed.

keep under 16s out of the Shed. no reason under 16s can't sing and join in from the designated areas in the JHS. concentrate on making that scheme a success, instead of trying to convince the Police to overturn a decision they presumably took based on civil order legislation.

I'd happily let kids into the North Stand if they paid £17 like the rest of us. Yet again another complaint about something the club are doing because it doesn't benefit parents despite their children getting in for free not long after the complaints parents would have to actually pay to get their children into the Ramsdens Cup game.

For once well done to the police and I hope they maintain such a stance.

Once again.

We are not complaining. Just expressing an aspiration.

Were in the context of any of these posts has there been a complaint or a criticism of anyone.

We only asked for a request to be considered. There are a few parents like me who have a 15 year old son asking why we can,t get down that end Dad.

If the Police say no then for me thats that. But how did this new arrangement get allowed in the first place. Because people asked an consideration was given.

Can we not ask for the same consideration.

The North Stand is great and I can see why everyone wants to sit there but this imo is yet another example of parents wanting everything their way for them and their kids.

For once the club (maybe not out of choice) has done something for it's supporters without children. It is nice to wake up on a Saturday and look forward to a home game. Do you know what it is like to actually dread going to home games? I couldn't stand it last season because JHS has become a big playground for kids to run around and people excusing their behaviour cos their "kids" and it is "cute". I am 22, I want to have a few pints before the game and go along and have some fun. I don't want to watch my language, give out of control kids into trouble and I do not want to pick sweets out my hair.

The north stand needs to stay kid free. Children of 12- 16 are not mature enough to be amongst the grown ups who may sing and swear! I am sorry that people may disagree but I am sure the kids throwing sweets in the city end last season were no younger than 13/14. The parent and child idea wouldn't work because some parents going by the city end of JHS last season, have no control over their kids. Maybe you feel that you wouldn't be offended by some of the things you would hear but one parent would get a bit precious about something and ruin it for everyone.

My suggestion is if you want atmosphere - get the kids singing themselves. I am sure that there was a few suggestions on here last week and maybe onethistle have something up their sleeve.

I appreciate that the club if the police allowed would let everyone into the north stand which is a pity, because for once it feels like the club are actually appreciating the supporter without kids and actually value our cash for a change.

You are asking for consideration to sit in the north stand but it feels like yet another complaint from people with kids which personally I am sick to death of.

I moved to the north stand to avoid children, but it turns out that it is the best place to be! I am almost sad we are away next weekend!

North stand to stay kid free forever - I will campaign for that, I am rather enjoying not being annoyed by brats at home games!

Once again.

We are not complaining. Just expressing an aspiration.

Were in the context of any of these posts has there been a complaint or a criticism of anyone.

We only asked for a request to be considered. There are a few parents like me who have a 15 year old son asking why we can,t get down that end Dad.

If the Police say no then for me thats that. But how did this new arrangement get allowed in the first place. Because people asked an consideration was given.

Can we not ask for the same consideration.

Parents get more consideration than anyone else at Firhill. It's not just asking for consideration when it has been repeated time and time again the reasons behind no under 16s being in the North Stand yet the same moan keeps coming up.

There's absolutely nothing stopping anyone from attempting to generate an atmosphere in the Jackie Husband Stand, Jim and OneThistle have even went to great efforts to get u16s involved yet all the thanks they get is constantly being asked why u16s can't get into the North Stand.