Just Out - Thistle Vs Cowdenbeath 22.09.12

sandy

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Copied from another thread..........

Oh and turn that feedback loop from the North Stand off. Pain in the @rse. If one of the reasons kids can't go in there is that the shouting and singing is not for their ears, don't circulate it around the stadium. No offence to the guys in the stand, but don't think it is a good idea.

Decent performance overall. Although we didn't really create that many clear cut chances I don't think we ever looked like losing this. Cowden had a good 10 minute spell at the start on the 2nd half but apart from that, we pretty much ran the show.

Stephen O'Donnell was immense in the 1st half and played a superb ball through to Linford who really should have put it away with his head. I think Archie also deserves a mention for having a great season so far. He has looked comfortable on the ball and with this nice passing game we're playing just now, no longer has to pump the long ball up the park.

Loving how we're playing football this season. Just wish the attendances were a bit higher.

Good day out again. First time I've been in the north stand for a league match and the atmosphere was good. I did make an idiot of myself when I went to order a pie and realised I hadn't actually been to the bank and was in possession of about 50p, though.

Edit: Really looking forward to the bigger teams coming back atmosphere-wise. There can't have been more than about 100 Cowdenbeath fans, and while they did their best it wasn't up to much.

Edited by Lin1876

Agree - wish they would kill the piped noise as it kills any chance of the jh stand ever sining again. Who is going to join in with muffled delayed noise.

There would have been a riot if it was the away fans noise was being piped in. No more technical excuses just turn it off.

Erty

Problem: Parking spaces - again today several cars taking up 2 spaces by poor parking (either due to bad drivers and/or non existent lines marking spaces). As Jim always points out we have an ageing support so the more of them that can get parked as near as possible the better, also we want bigger crowds so need to be able to deal with a few extra cars if they start turning up.

Solution: Get the lines repainted (either by a professional company or 2 poorest performing youngsters in training get given tin of paint and brushes). Also, if stewards or possibly onethistle matchday folk see someone parking and taking up 2 spaces they could politely point this out and get them to park properly.

I'd like to back two points already made.

PLEASE stop piping the North Stand sound into the JHS.

Also, stop this hokey cokey nonsense (and by that I mean any goal scoring music, not just the hokey cokey specifically).

Edit - A wee bit of praise. I noticed the row numbers have been repainted, which I'm sure was an issue raised on one of these threads.

Also, after the Falkirk game I emailed the club directly regarding two seat backs I'd noticed had come away from their fixtures.

I got a reply saying it would be looked into and the next time I was there they had indeed been repaired when the cynic in me thought it may have been put on a to-do list, given that there are plenty seats to go around.

Edited by H Wragg

Any chance we could stop playing the "Hoakey Coakey" when we score. Always associate playing music with teams who don't have enough supporters to generate a decent response to a goal.

This seems to be a recent thing.

I actually enjoy the goal celebration music but I suppose it will be the sort of thing that some enjoy and others don't, as long as it does not gp on for too long then I think it is fine.

I'm getting very irritated with the sound of the north stand coming through the speakers and this was echoed by my dad and my mate. Today it drowned out the actual singing and I couldn't make out what was being sung. Even when it's lower it's still irritating as hell!!

What he said ^. It's pretty cringey and it dampens the atmosphere a bit.

Copied from another thread..........

Oh and turn that feedback loop from the North Stand off. Pain in the @rse. If one of the reasons kids can't go in there is that the shouting and singing is not for their ears, don't circulate it around the stadium. No offence to the guys in the stand, but don't think it is a good idea.

also as others have said please stop piping the north stand sound

Please stop the noise from the tannoy PLEASE.

Agree - wish they would kill the piped noise as it kills any chance of the jh stand ever sining again. Who is going to join in with muffled delayed noise.

There would have been a riot if it was the away fans noise was being piped in. No more technical excuses just turn it off.

I'd like to back two points already made.

PLEASE stop piping the North Stand sound into the JHS.

Agree with the 'piping' of singing into the JH Stand, or whatever you want to call it, I don't think it works & which seems to be the opinion of most posters.

can only add my please stop the piping of the north into the jhs. at some points today I could not hear the shed boys for the piped shed boys.

Wot they said :happy2:

Well, I haven't been to Firhill yet this season, but if there's one thing that fans seem to want it's an immediate end to the piped sounds from the North Stand. So, if the supporters' view is being taken seriously, whoever came up with the idea should realise that it's very unpopular, and put an end to it right away.

Also, after the Falkirk game I emailed the club directly regarding two seat backs I'd noticed had come away from their fixtures.

I got a reply saying it would be looked into and the next time I was there they had indeed been repaired when the cynic in me thought it may have been put on a to-do list, given that there are plenty seats to go around.

You've had more luck than us! Seat R88 been broken for nearly a year and despite emails to the Club, its still broken!

You've had more luck than us! Seat R88 been broken for nearly a year and despite emails to the Club, its still broken!

Leave this with me. Also thanks for feedback on piped crowd noise; that clear message will get relayed (ideally via tannoy!) to the Club in due course.

Glad to see some concrete step seat row numbers had already been repainted yesterday; little steps towards a better matchday experience for all...

Cheers, Sandy