Hospitality Vs. Airdrie

Jaggernaut

Glad to hear all went well at the hospitality today as I used to bring a group of ten every year for the last ten years to the hospitality and last year was the most shocking, embarrassing day out ever. To bring guests of all persuasions to that day, which was always highly praised and anticipated, was a disaster. Did complain to the club who passed the complaint onto the company that dealt with hospitality then and they invited me in for a chat. I took time out and attended and informed them of my concerns and hopefully this is all a result but I will never ever be back to hospitality nor will my numerous guests!!

Glad to hear all went well at the hospitality today as I used to bring a group of ten every year for the last ten years to the hospitality and last year was the most shocking, embarrassing day out ever. To bring guests of all persuasions to that day, which was always highly praised and anticipated, was a disaster. Did complain to the club who passed the complaint onto the company that dealt with hospitality then and they invited me in for a chat. I took time out and attended and informed them of my concerns and hopefully this is all a result but I will never ever be back to hospitality nor will my numerous guests!!

That's sad to hear. Care to elaborate on what the problems were, are your opinion on hospitality certainly seems a minority one?

Year in year out it was unbeatable. Everyone who attended raved about it and last year, with word of mouth, managed to bring three new participants to the already substantial group. There was many reasons it was a disaster. 1. Room/ people were clearly divided by some fake hedge between sponsors and others, 2. No Robert Reid chat, totally omitted and not even informed about it until I asked when it was to be told it was finished 3. Food was cold/ tasteless and slopped on a plate as you queued waiting. 4. Had to ask for wine with our meal and then had to ask for wine glasses. 5. Embarrassing paper wrist band to claim a drink. This is just a few things. Wrote a lengthy letter to PTFC straight after the event and this was passed onto Sports Solutions who indeed invited me to meet with them. They did seem to listen, although seem offended when I mentioned the quality of food but got to say my piece. I will not put myself through that again as you will all be aware how difficult it is to get non Thistle people to Firhill and then be so embarrassed. I sincerely hope it is all changed to how it used to be as it was always a highlight of the year!

Year in year out it was unbeatable. Everyone who attended raved about it and last year, with word of mouth, managed to bring three new participants to the already substantial group. There was many reasons it was a disaster. 1. Room/ people were clearly divided by some fake hedge between sponsors and others, 2. No Robert Reid chat, totally omitted and not even informed about it until I asked when it was to be told it was finished 3. Food was cold/ tasteless and slopped on a plate as you queued waiting. 4. Had to ask for wine with our meal and then had to ask for wine glasses. 5. Embarrassing paper wrist band to claim a drink. This is just a few things. Wrote a lengthy letter to PTFC straight after the event and this was passed onto Sports Solutions who indeed invited me to meet with them. They did seem to listen, although seem offended when I mentioned the quality of food but got to say my piece. I will not put myself through that again as you will all be aware how difficult it is to get non Thistle people to Firhill and then be so embarrassed. I sincerely hope it is all changed to how it used to be as it was always a highlight of the year!

Thanks for those details. That does sound like the pits! Hopefully it was down to a "bad day at they office" (not a great excuse, admittedly), and your complaints were acted upon to bring the experience back up to its usual excellent standard. Folk there yesterday seemed to enjoy it tremendously, for example.