It's Easy To Build A Stand

sigesige00

Just now I attended a Heineken Cup game between Glasgow and Ulster (Glasgow lost 8-19) at Scotstoun.

I was surprised that there was a provisional stand for Ulster fans. I asked a staff "Is this permanent or for Heineken Cup games?", and the staff answered "for Heineken Cup games".

If Scotstoun can build a provisional stand in a week or so, we can easily build a stand in the City End of Firhill (1,000-1,500 seats enough).

Tomorrow I will attend Firhill. If it is not rainy, I will be around the ticket booth. I am 171cm tall, with glasses. Please talk to me, but I do not understand informal English, or too fast English, or too strong accent.

Edited by sigesige00

If it is not rainy, I will be around the ticket booth. I am 171cm tall, with glasses. Please talk to me, but I do not understand informal English, or too fast English, or too strong accent.

Do that on certain street corners in Glasgow you will get lifted. Please make that your mission for Saturday evening.

I blame myself. I didn't need to click the button. I didn't need to read SigeSige00's post -but, fool that I am, I did.

Now I know how Alice felt after she fell down that rabbit hole.

SigeSige, the trick is how to fill a stand; not how to build it.

A temporary stand on the bing could be worth considering if we drew one of the OF in the Scottish Cup. I have sat in several temporary stands at football and rugby stadiums, e.g. Bloomfield Road and The Stoop, and at golf tournaments. They lack comfort but are better than missing the game or event.

Edited by kni

Met Sige after the game today. Topped off a cracking game.

We can't build a stand at the City End. Where would we keep all the cars?

Nice to meet you. By the way, what does "Jordanhill/Aberdeen" mean?

Normally away supporters are in the stand behind the goal, but today there were "Jordanhill Jags" and I could not find Airdrie supporters.

What are the cars on the City End?

And I do you sell the jerseys with the "Show Racism the Red Card" patch?

I want to mail to a female student of the Department of Education, University of Strathclyde.

Nice to meet you. By the way, what does "Jordanhill/Aberdeen" mean?

They are both places. I live in both of those places.

Normally away supporters are in the stand behind the goal, but today there were "Jordanhill Jags" and I could not find Airdrie supporters.

The away supporters are now sitting in the Jackie Husband stand at the North end. The North Stand is now "The Shed" for all the Partick Thistle singers.

What are the cars on the City End?

They are, as prizes, capitalist symbols of the Centenary Fund, which we shall surely abolish when the revolution comes.

And I do you sell the jerseys with the "Show Racism the Red Card" patch?

Probably not.

I want to mail to a female student of the Department of Education, University of Strathclyde.

I would recommend that you avoid doing anything that might give the impression you are the next Jimmy Saville.

No photos, North Koreans like their privacy.

2 people spoke to him today.

He nearly ended up doing the half time draw - no joke.

Well, I am not a "North Korean". My grandfather was from Jeju Province, Korea's South Island. Jeju is famous for the April 3 Uprising in 1948, ended in the bloody suppression by the US imperialist military regime.