Attendances

Lenziejag2

Again for the record, this weekend's SPFL Prem attendances were as follows: Celtic v Ross County - theoretically 49270; Hearts v Hibs - 16873; Aberdeen v Dundee Utd - 14627; M'well v Killie - 4467; ICT v St Mirren - 3032; and St Johnstone v PTFC - 2999 - of whom 659 were Jags fans. Edinburgh derby very well supported, and New Firm game likewise. As always, games at ICT and St Johnstone drew the smallest attendances. Brilliant noisy Jags support at McDiarmid Park!

Another paltry attendance at Inverness last night for ICT v Motherwell - 2366. OK, it was a midweek game up north, but that is precisely the opportunity for the Invernesians to come out in big numbers to support their team! Where were they? Note also only 826 at Cappielow for Morton v Dumbarton. A famous old club is going firmly down the tube, even though they staved off relegation for one more game! First thing for them to do is install some decent toilets! Also Dundee Utd claiming to have sold 10500 Cup semi-final tickets. Good, but where are these 10500 for the games at Tannadice?

Another paltry attendance at Inverness last night for ICT v Motherwell - 2366. OK, it was a midweek game up north, but that is precisely the opportunity for the Invernesians to come out in big numbers to support their team! Where were they? Note also only 826 at Cappielow for Morton v Dumbarton. A famous old club is going firmly down the tube, even though they staved off relegation for one more game! First thing for them to do is install some decent toilets! Also Dundee Utd claiming to have sold 10500 Cup semi-final tickets. Good, but where are these 10500 for the games at Tannadice?

I think we can hardly criticise as the last Cup semi we were in, we "took" a far larger attendance than our average gates were?

Others have commented correctly that ICT had to compete with Euro-football on TV. For GRE - when we played Rangers in the Scottish Cup semi-final and "took" a massive crowd - I was there - and remember noticing how many Celtic fans had turned out as Thistle fans for the day - as well as the many others who had pulled out grubby Jags scarves - unused for years - from the back of cupboards. Pity that semi-final was effectively over before half-time!

4433 at the Highland derby tonight. Pretty good - but not as good as when Ross Cty were better positioned last year. ICT's win is good news for PTFC!

I thought they normally got more than 6000 for their derby matches, so that seems quite low

... and you are quite right, Jaggy! Tonight's attendance is OK, but should have been higher. I wonder how many ICT fans crossed the Black Isle to Victoria Park?

I think the commentator said 900 but I've sunk a few JDs since full-time - so that could be total bollocks. Edited by Charlie Endell
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This weekend's attendances: Hearts v Ross Co - 13692; Well v Celtic - 7493; St M v Hibs - 5287; St J v Dun Utd - 5223; Killie v PTFC - 4980 and ICT v Abdn - 4224. I calculate that - apart from 2 games v Celtic, one v Hearts, and one v St M - today's was the next biggest league atendance at Rugby Park. Does anyone happen to know the PTFC visiting attendance for today? I reckon i was bigger than the 778 of December.

This weekend's attendances: Hearts v Ross Co - 13692; Well v Celtic - 7493; St M v Hibs - 5287; St J v Dun Utd - 5223; Killie v PTFC - 4980 and ICT v Abdn - 4224. I calculate that - apart from 2 games v Celtic, one v Hearts, and one v St M - today's was the next biggest league atendance at Rugby Park. Does anyone happen to know the PTFC visiting attendance for today? I reckon i was bigger than the 778 of December.

Roughly 1,180 according to my Killie mate. Yet again I've been on the JDs so can't 100% certain.

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies for having missed a couple of weeks. I managed a week in France/Italy, but haven't missed a single Jags game. This post-split lark has certainly beefed up the attendances! After the Hearts performance today against Killie, we will need to be on top form on Wednesday evening. This weekend: Celtic v Abdn - 47468 (theoretically); Hearts v Killie - 13656; Hibs v PTFC - 10740; M'well v St J - 7201; St M v Ross Co - 4414; ICT v Dun Utd - 3428.

Just an attendance curiosity - did anyone else note that on Wednesday the attendances at the other three games - (Killie v St M - 4911) + (M'well v ICT - 4482) + (St J v Celtic - 4624) - totalled 14017, whereas the BIG game at Tynecastle - Hearts v PTFC - attracted even more - 14059. Fantastic Jags support - as always!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I guess it's time to start logging the attendances at the 2014-2015 SPFL Premiership games. Celtic and PTFC haven't started yet, but the other teams drew the following attendances: Aberdeen v Dundee United - 16471; Dundee v Kilmarnock - 7588; Motherwell v St Mirren - 4620; Ross County v St Johnstone - 3287; Hamilton Accies v Inverness CT - 1622. Excellent at Pittodrie; Very good at Dens; Good-ish at Fir Park; About right at Dingwall; Pitiful at New Douglas Park.

What's the chances of more than 3000 on wed night? I'd say slim.

If hamiltons crowd is pitiful (which it is) then what category would approx 1000 more at firhill be? If it's that low of course.

We only had 2 home league games with a crowd of under 3000 last season, Boxing Day against Inverness caley and the re-arranged midweek game with St Johnstone. 15 of our home games saw over 4000 in attendance. I'd say it's likely that we'll break 3000 on Wednesday.

We only had 2 home league games with a crowd of under 3000 last season, Boxing Day against Inverness caley and the re-arranged midweek game with St Johnstone. 15 of our home games saw over 4000 in attendance. I'd say it's likely that we'll break 3000 on Wednesday.

Here's hoping, but I'm plumping for 2963!

For the record, attendances at tonight's six SPFL Premiership fixtures were as follows: Dundee United v Motherwell - 8367; St Johnstone v Celtic - 6890; Kilmarnock v Aberdeen - 5079; St Mirren v Hamilton - 3635; PTFC v Ross County - 3261; and ICT v Dundee - 3082. Not much to comment on this time. The attendance at Firhill is probably a good indicator of a hard-core 3000 home support. It was a Wednesday night and Ross County - who don't have much of a travelling support anyway - certainly didn't bring very many supporters. If PTFC can get a few more decent home results like tonight's, then the crowds may well start to increase.

Only five SPFL Prem games this weekend. Attendances as flows: Celtic v Dundee United - 44484 (hard to know how many were actually present); Dundee v PTFC - 6453 (anybody know how many Jags fans?); Motherwell v ICT - 3732 (attendances dropping at Fir Park?); Ross County v Kilmarnock - 2790 (about right as Killie have no major travelling support); and Hamilton v St Johnstone - 1577 (pitiful again, but St J also have negligible away support).

• 4 months later...