Challenge Cup Final @ Livingston 7th April

twinny

For obvious reasons I'm delighted. It's about as close as I could get to Thistle playing a cup final in my back garden.

Just to compound a few myths though. Livi is right off junction 3 of the M8, has bus links to Glasgow and Edinburgh, has 2 train stations and contrary to what I've read on here does have a few pubs. I will be happy to provide info to anyone (supporters buses etc) as to where you can get a drink pre match.

Oh, and there will be the mother and father of all Jags related parties at mine when we win the cup. And we WILL win :-)

People like to complain. People are idiots.

Could you tell me the cheapest way from Glasgow to Livi Stadium? The Livi website information is only about car road. I want to take a train or coach. And how much is the student ticket?

P.S. The schedule is hard; the Ramsden Cup final on 07/04 and league game on 09/04. Should we field the best members on the Cup final?

Could you tell me the cheapest way from Glasgow to Livi Stadium? The Livi website information is only about car road. I want to take a train or coach. And how much is the student ticket?

P.S. The schedule is hard; the Ramsden Cup final on 07/04 and league game on 09/04. Should we field the best members on the Cup final?

1. Scotrail will be having their "spring sale" in March(for travel til the end of April). The train will be cheap.

2. Ticket prices have not been decided yet.

3. The game against Morton will be moved back to the Wednesday.

For obvious reasons I'm delighted. It's about as close as I could get to Thistle playing a cup final in my back garden.

Just to compound a few myths though. Livi is right off junction 3 of the M8, has bus links to Glasgow and Edinburgh, has 2 train stations and contrary to what I've read on here does have a few pubs. I will be happy to provide info to anyone (supporters buses etc) as to where you can get a drink pre match.

Oh, and there will be the mother and father of all Jags related parties at mine when we win the cup. And we WILL win :-)

You would be as well knocking together a fans guide to Livingston, Grant :)

There are a lot of thistle minded people/ fans,that for various reasons ( all justified) don't attend games regularly.

This forum only looks towards a select minority.

The venue chosen ( in my opinion) is too small to accommodate thistle fans that would like to attend

There are a lot of thistle minded people/ fans,that for various reasons ( all justified) don't attend games regularly.

This forum only looks towards a select minority.

The venue chosen ( in my opinion) is too small to accommodate thistle fans that would like to attend

How many Thistle fans do you believe will attend the final?

And may i ask what that estimate is based on? Given that less than half of that turn up with any great regularity.

My quote is based on many long years of following thistle,and I do know approx 10 - 15 people that will want tickets, that for various reasons can't attend regularly,a story that will undoubtetbly be carried throughout our support

any jakey bar stewards already booking the Monday off work after the game incase of a celebration? I dont know whether to be ecstatic of embarrassed at winning this cup! can you really celebrate it or is it just a case of 'thank fcuk we won that diddy cup'

It's a diddy competition until we reach the final. When we reach the final we want to win it. It's a cup isn't it.

any jakey bar stewards already booking the Monday off work after the game incase of a celebration? I dont know whether to be ecstatic of embarrassed at winning this cup! can you really celebrate it or is it just a case of 'thank fcuk we won that diddy cup'

Sevco would've bit your arm off for it ( not that that means much)

First final in yonks and people are moaning about where it's played....jeez

Yip. With good reason - we're playing it in a horrible sh*thole. In the ground of a plastic club that killed off another team to gain entry to the SFL - then cheated its way up the leagues.

Terrible decision.

Edited by Charlie Endell

Jaggy1967 makes an interesting point regarding the views of QOS fans - I imagine they will be less than happy - albeit they are used to having to travel long distances. The final should have been held at Rugby Park as far as I am concerned, but logic, geography and the economics of Scottish football are all mutually exclusive.

• Like 1

QoS fans on P&B seem happy enough. Jags fans not too happy.

No idea how it work or who would organise it but would it be worth setting up some kind of fanzone near the ground. Maybe in the nearby college grounds? Maybe Ramsdens will do something?

I'm a season-ticket holder, so I want priority for tickets.

:hypocrite:

I agree with you and i'm a non season ticket holder.

I'd adopt a system like this:

2 tickets for every adult season ticket holder

1 ticket for every child season ticket holder(since we're now monitoring them)

That should cover around 1/2 the allocation.

I'd then implement a voucher system over 5 home games. Say, Morton, Accies, Falkirk, Cowdenbeath and Airdrie. If you go to those games you collect a voucher on the way in. ST holders can discard it(they use the voucher out their ST books). The sale would then work on a basis of going down by "number of vouchers" - 5 down to 1 - with a limit of 1 ticket per person. The remainder would go on general sale when these have been catered for.

This would not only sell out our allocation, but increase attendances at those 5 home games. Win/Win?

Yip. With good reason - we're playing it in a horrible sh*thole. In the ground of a plastic club that killed off another team to gain entry to the SFL - then cheated its way up the leagues.

Terrible decision.

chuffed to bits, short journey few beers, game then back to Edinburgh and on the beers to celebrate couldnt be better