Challenge Cup Final @ Livingston 7th April

twinny

H. Wragg has kindly informed me that the Edinburgh via Shotts service will operate on Sundays from December onwards, so will have the choice of alighting at Livingston North or Livingston South.

I checked too and can confirm that Harry is correct.

Not sure yet what the frequency will be, but it won't be as frequent as the service to Livi North from Queen Street via Bathgate which is every half hour on a Sunday.

This also has a deliverance-esque feel about it. Airdrie, Armadale, Blackridge...

Not sure yet what the frequency will be, but it won't be as frequent as the service to Livi North from Queen Street via Bathgate which is every half hour on a Sunday.

This also has a deliverance-esque feel about it. Airdrie, Armadale, Blackridge...

Thankfully there is an express one that misses out the h un hellholes that are Armadale & Blackridge.

Livi away was the only game I haven't bothered with this season, are any of the pubs you mentioned a new name for what was 'The Granery'?

I suppose there is a chance the trains will be dry, the only exclusively Thistle dry train I have been on was ICT away in the cup a few years back but they didn't care in the end and started selling cans of beer (possibly by mistake). We were all just drinking dirty cokes anyway.

Do it to every away game. Never have a problem. Most conductors usually laugh and think your off your head for following Thistle and give you a wee good luck.

If they make a train no alcohol then there will be a sign up in the station and usually a wee bit of notice before hand. I hardly think though they will care enough about a "diddy" cup final in Livingston.

The alcohol ban is from 9pm at night till 10 am in the morning, So will not really be an issue for jags fans on this day.

The only problem you have really is it is ilegal to drink travelling to and from football in Scotland.

If they are pretty zero tolerance now then I must have missed something!

As an eye witness I can assure you that our third division friends from G51 are doing their utmost to help get the drink ban extended to include daytime weekends.

West (Main) Stand and East Stand

£15.00 for Adults

£5.00 for Concessions as follows:- Senior Citizens (over 60), Students (valid matriculation card) and Juveniles (under 16)

South Stand and North Stand

£14.00 for Adults

£5.00 for Concessions as follows:- Senior Citizens (over 60), Students (valid matriculation card) and Juveniles (under 16)

To assist in the strict policy of segregation of supporters, the following instructions must be strictly adhered to:

QUEEN OF THE SOUTH F.C. SUPPORTERS WILL OCCUPY:-

West (Main) Stand

South Stand Blocks X, Y, Z.

It has been agreed with the Police, Livingston FC Safety Officer and the SFL that this allocation can increase if there is a demand for tickets.

A further allocation would take Queen of the South support into the South Stand Blocks U, V, W.

PARTICK THISTLE F.C. SUPPORTERS WILL OCCUPY:-

East Stand

North Stand – Blocks F, G & H.

It has been agreed with the Police, Livingston FC Safety Officer and the SFL that this allocation can increase if there is a demand for tickets.

A further allocation would take Partick Thistle support into the North Stand Block D & E. If there is not a demand for tickets from Queen of the South supporters then the South Stand - Blocks U, V and W may be allocated to Partick Thistle.

The additional allocations will be decided by the SFL, Livingston FC and the Police, with allocation dates to be agreed at a later date.

FOR YOUR INFORMATION

I
. Turnstiles will be opened at approximately 2.30 p.m.

It is important that supporters sit in the designated stand for their club. Please follow the instructions of the Stewards and Police on the day of the match.

II
. The Police Authorities will be extremely vigilant in the policing of The Criminal Law (Consolidation) (Scotland) Act, 1995.

III
. A strict segregation policy will be enforced The Braidwood Motor Stadium.

IV
. Flags on sticks/small canes will not be allowed into the stadium.

V
. Persistent standing will not be tolerated.

VI
. Braidwood Motor Stadium is a non-smoking stadium.

VII
. EXTRA-TIME. If the score is level at the end of normal play, 30 minutes extra-time will be played and thereafter, if required, Kicks from the Penalty Mark in accordance with the Rules laid down by the International Football Association Board will be taken.

Boo @ IV V + VI

Decent to know where we'll be allocated. I definitely think we'll sell out more than our allocation.

Would it be possible for PTFC to do a "card display" behind the goal on the day of the final? This is our first one, so it's still a special occasion, imagine the reaction of the players if they came out the tunnel and saw one end of the ground solid red, yellow and black. It would be pretty special.

Decent to know where we'll be allocated. I definitely think we'll sell out more than our allocation.

Would it be possible for PTFC to do a "card display" behind the goal on the day of the final? This is our first one, so it's still a special occasion, imagine the reaction of the players if they came out the tunnel and saw one end of the ground solid red, yellow and black. It would be pretty special.

Would be up to fans to organise probably. Good idea though. So basically we have the away stand and behind the goals to the right?

Agreed. Utterly ridiculous. Even the wording of it is confrontational, as if they don't even want fans at the game at all.

As ridiculous as it is, it reminds me of the Queens park game at Hampden this season.

X amount of fans wanted to sing and stand. Y amount of fans wanted to sit and watch the game.

Not an issue as the fans who wanted to stand and sing got moved to the back, which worked.

My only worry with this final with it being all ticket is being stuck next to fans who want to sit and watch the game, I would prefer to stand, have a laugh and sing. The semi final was good for that reason.

It would be good if those who want to sit/stand and sing could be somehow seated together. I doubt it will happen and the atmosphere could go a little Morton away this season with 3 or 4 fans trying to sing and it not working.

Prices are good though for a final! :)

As regards the rail service on the Shotts line - there will be a new two hourly service from Glasgow-Edinburgh via Shotts form December - HOWEVER - due to ENGINEERING WORKS FROM MARCH 2013 TO JUNE 2013 - the service will not operate beyond West Calder so it will not be possible to get from Glasgow Central to Livingston via this route for the final (unless a bus connection is provided).

OneThistle, already in discussion about sorting out the possibility of a "singing section"

One possibility would be to keep a section of tickets separate and sell them in the concourse of the north stand on a match day at firhill.

Bloody great idea! if you can get the 200 folk sitting in the north stand sitting together at the final then the atmosphere would be amazing! Love this idea ha!

Looking at the allocation, I'd say the shed folk should get first dibs on north stand sections up to and including the corner.

And JHS punters get the east stand.

Agreed. Although I'd imagine that behind the goal will hold about 1,500 so surely those who have a season ticket for the JH but would want to stand and sing could get a ticket too? I understand this is all hypothetical.