Levein - Sacked

kni

Did I hear right. Levein left with £700,000 in his pouchy.

How much of a salary was he on for dear God to merit such a golden handshake.

£35,000 a month. The SFA will continue paying him that until twenty months are up or he starts another managerial job, whichever comes first.

Charlie Adam (Stoke City)

Barry Bannan (Aston Villa)

Phil Bardsley (Sunderland)

Cameron Bell (Kilmarnock)

Christophe Berra (Wolverhampton Wanderers)

Kris Commons (Celtic)

Darren Fletcher (Manchester United)

Steven Fletcher (Sunderland)

Matt Gilks (Blackpool)

Grant Hanley (Blackburn Rovers)

Jamie Mackie (Queens Park Rangers)

Shaun Maloney (Wigan Athletic)

David Marshall (Cardiff City)

Kenny Miller (Vancouver Whitecaps)

James Morrison (West Bromwich Albion)

Charlie Mulgrew (Celtic)

Steven Naismith (Everton)

Matt Phillips (Blackpool)

Jordan Rhodes (Blackburn Rovers)

Andy Webster (Heart of Midlothian)

Steven Whittaker (Norwich City)

Scotland squad for Luxembourg just been announced. Was expecting Stark to be giving some call ups to younger players such as Dorrans, Snodgrass, Russell, Griffiths etc. Don't think this selection will give him much chance on securing the job permanently. Noticed Coyle has said he is open to discussion, but can't see him being ready for Scotland yet.

Edited by read'n'yell

Charlie Adam (Stoke City)

Barry Bannan (Aston Villa)

Phil Bardsley (Sunderland)

Cameron Bell (Kilmarnock)

Christophe Berra (Wolverhampton Wanderers)

Kris Commons (Celtic)

Darren Fletcher (Manchester United)

Steven Fletcher (Sunderland)

Matt Gilks (Blackpool)

Grant Hanley (Blackburn Rovers)

Jamie Mackie (Queens Park Rangers)

Shaun Maloney (Wigan Athletic)

David Marshall (Cardiff City)

Kenny Miller (Vancouver Whitecaps)

James Morrison (West Bromwich Albion)

Charlie Mulgrew (Celtic)

Steven Naismith (Everton)

Matt Phillips (Blackpool)

Jordan Rhodes (Blackburn Rovers)

Andy Webster (Heart of Midlothian)

Steven Whittaker (Norwich City)

Scotland squad for Luxembourg just been announced. Was expecting Stark to be giving some call ups to younger players such as Dorrans, Snodgrass, Russell, Griffiths etc. Don't think this selection will give him much chance on securing the job permanently. Noticed Coyle has said he is open to discussion, but can't see him being ready for Scotland yet.

Same old shyte. What possible good is there to be gained from picking Kenny Miller for a friendly in Luxembourg? Are we going to learn something about him that we didn't previously know?? Dont like the guy but Leigh Griffiths is banging them in for fun at the moment. People like Bardsley and Whittaker have hardly kicked a ball this season due to injury. I really despair.

Comes as little surprise from a man that has overlooked O'Donnell and Bannigan for the u21's this season sadly.

Makes me think it wasn't Levein's fault.

Need a fresh manager that comes in and is not afraid to pick a different team. Blood the youngsters. Great believer if their good enough their old enough. These youngsters might actually still have some passion and fight left in them, unlike the oldies who are proven failures on the international stage. Can't go anymore tits up that it is now.

Makes me think it wasn't Levein's fault.

Need a fresh manager that comes in and is not afraid to pick a different team. Blood the youngsters. Great believer if their good enough their old enough. These youngsters might actually still have some passion and fight left in them, unlike the oldies who are proven failures on the international stage. Can't go anymore tits up that it is now.

The negative tactics were Levein's fault. I agree with blooding the youngsters but we need the Fletchers too.

At least Rhodes might get a start. To be fair to Stark he is new to the senior role and probably feels more comfortable with players who have experience of the first team squad. The standard of player isn't far of our strongest squad. Stark may be showing loyalty to the players as they will be low and will use this as a chance to score a few goals and restore some confidence before the next qualifier and a new manager.

What I cannot understand is the reason the SFA did not sack him after the failure for the 2012 Euro. There were other candidates -- although the best manager Moyes was not available since he does not want to leave Everton.

Because, i'd imagine they believe each national team manager should be given two campaigns to try and get us to qualify. The first is for their teething errors and the second is the serious qualification bid.

He's entitled to his money. The SFA issued him with a fixed term contract, they don't want him anymore, therefore they must honour it.

Agree.

When a club has to pay off a sacked manager you know that in some way it's costing the people that employed the fella in the first place. Often it hits a director/chairman directly in the pocket. But in this case the clowns in the SFA don't even appear to lose face. Whatever Levein gets is money going straight out of football.

I don't blame Levein for the Fletcher fiasco. Fletcher sent a text saying he didn't wish to be considered for a friendly - if it had been a Rangers player who did that, would there have been the same clamour for him to return? It doesn't matter than he was subsequently sold for £14 million, or that we couldn't score against Serbia.

I do blame him for his tactics, which I think were wrong on many occasions, and he lost the fans from Prague onwards, resulting in his position becoming untenable. I'm not convinced the new man, whoever he is, can do much better, for a couple of reasons. The youngsters that everyone is calling to be played don't really exist, or we would know who they are. I don't believe Levein is stupid - he knows as well as we do that Berra, for example, isn't good enough, and if there was an credible alternative he would be in the squad by now. And we don't have one decent defender at international level, which means that any team with even one decent forward (i.e. Wales) will always cause us problems.

What a godawful pool of players.

That's a bit harsh. They aren't world beaters by any means, but with the exception of Cammy Bell - who is unlikely to feature anyway - all have either EPL and/or Champions League playing experience. Compare that to some of the players Berti Vogts was having to rely on ten years ago and it is clear that the overall standard has improved.

That said, the squad does bear all the marks of Levein, not least in some of its bizarre inclusions and exclusions. For instance, why drag Kenny Miller over from the far side of Canada for a friendly when he already has umpteen caps and everyone and their dug already knows what is and is not capable of? Surely this would have been the ideal time to blood a younger forward like Leigh Griffiths or Johnny Russell. I would also like to have seen Gary Mackay-Steven included, possibly in place of the out of form Matt Phillips.

That's a bit harsh. They aren't world beaters by any means, but with the exception of Cammy Bell - who is unlikely to feature anyway - all have either EPL and/or Champions League playing experience. Compare that to some of the players Berti Vogts was having to rely on ten years ago and it is clear that the overall standard has improved.

That said, the squad does bear all the marks of Levein, not least in some of its bizarre inclusions and exclusions. For instance, why drag Kenny Miller over from the far side of Canada for a friendly when he already has umpteen caps and everyone and their dug already knows what is and is not capable of? Surely this would have been the ideal time to blood a younger forward like Leigh Griffiths or Johnny Russell. I would also like to have seen Gary Mackay-Steven included, possibly in place of the out of form Matt Phillips.

You've made clearer what was my intended message. Instead of same old same old, this would surely have been the perfect opportunity to start afresh.