Just In From Cove

potty trained

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor match, but an early sending off always ruins a game as a spectacle. Incredibly stupid from Craig, I'd fine him as much as I could. He'll be missing next week now as it's violent conduct, idiot.

Paton by far man of the match...again.

We miss Sean Welsh a lot, really hope he's fit for next week.

It is difficult to make an impression from the bench I know, so some of you may find this a tad unfair, but why did we sign Slane and let go of Craigen, there seems to be little/no difference in them for me. Christie Elliot - a lot of you like him but I think it's more that you have a soft spot for him and feel sorry for him, he's not good enough. A good athlete, quick chasing a ball in behind, but absolutely hopeless in every other aspect of forward play. His first touch, well it is a lottery which direction the ball takes once he touches the ball. Yes he's a hard worker, yes he has raw attributes that show promise, but I don't rate him at all.

Should have won by a lot more we missed a handful of very good chances. Even after going down to 10 men (Craig u idiot wot were u thinking) we still looked the more likely to score and we did even if it was a touch lucky. 2nd half they came out with a bit more urgency but didnt really trouble Fox altho he did have 2 comfortable saves.Imo it was never a penalty in a million years but there goal was a cracker and set up a nervous last few minutes altho Sinclair should have scored right aftr they did. We did enough and thoroughly deserve to be in next round the ref is an absolute joke

Looking at the positives despite being down to ten men for 2/3 of the game we still dominated possession and created a lot of chances, with a bit of composure in front of goal we could have had four or five and would have been cruising. I'd rather we were creating and missing than not creating at all. We wont miss that many opportunities too often. With ten men for that long we can expect to tire at the end of the game so wasn't surprised when they started to create a bit more towards the end. Also thought Slane had a couple of nice touches when he came on.

Looking at the negatives, other than the poor poor finishing and the stupid stupid sending off, Elliot in my opinion is simply not good enough. He's still young so may yet improve but at the moment when he comes on he weakens the team rather than providing something different which is what you really want from a sub striker. A loan move might benefit him.

The referee's performance was tumultyous at best!.....................sorry, I couldn't resist...hangs head in shame.

At the end of the day though, we're in the pot for the next round. We'll miss Craig against Dunfermline but Doolan got a run out which will hopefully benefit him for next week when we'll need him at his goal scoring best.

Edited by scottymagoo

I was reminded of the Culter replay today, in that once we had a gap and worked out they didn't look like scoring, though their goal was something else, we backed off significantly. Paton, O'Donnell, Sinclair and Forbes (at least in the first half) played very well, Balatoni and Muirhead didn't have a huge amount to do but looked good enough. Erskine had one of his bad days where nothing went his way, but he still looked threatening. Doolan should stick to being a striker.

Craig was monumentally stupid, enough said. Elliot had a shocker, but he was good enough earlier this season for me to reserve judgement for not. Can't make my mind up about Slane either. His pace is useful, but I'll need to see him start to make any kind of judgement.

Still, we're through to the next round and that's all you can ask for. We'll need to be much better against Dunfermline, but I have little doubt we will be.

For those of us who are miles away from home, what exactly did Craig do for everyone to call him incredibly stupid??

He got bundled over, referee gave the foul and then while still lying on the ground he kicked his studs upwards right into the opposing players midrift right in front of the referee and the linesman. Unbelievably the referee somehow managed to miss it but the linesman didn't.

Edited by scottymagoo

Craig is an absolute moron for what he did today. He is supposed to be one of the experienced players in the team that the younger guys look up to, however his actions today was one of a total scumbag. The clumsy tackle by the Cove player was not malicious at all, and he kicks out at him in full view of the JH-Stand and referee. A real shame as it's been long time since a Jag has been sent off for violent conduct but I have no sympathy for someone who behaves like that.

The performance today was pretty woeful as well. Fair play to Cove, they had a go. We succumbed to the long ball nonsense along with scrappy and lazy passes. We just didn’t perform well at all, and looked pretty lethargic throughout. It wasn’t the worst display I’ve seen…it was just a bit lazy. We will need to improve before Saturday.

However a potential banana-skin has been avoided and on we march to the next round.

(P.S. FOX SAVED A PENALTY!!! WOOOOOO!)

Very few positives in this one, Ross Forbes was good and probably MOTM. Sinclair was duff and Elliott was simply woeful, running about like a drunk headless chicken.

Craig now out of next weeks game and deserved so after total idiocy. He got the free kick and it wasn't even that bad a challenge so only he will know the need to try to kick the boy in the face.

Special mention to coves cretinous support for their noise. Their chants of the ref and Lino being homers gave me the best laugh of the day. Tumilty is truly a woeful referee.

He'll be missing next week now as it's violent conduct, idiot.

He'll miss the next three fixtures; Dunfermline, Hamilton and Livingston. There is a chance he may get a 4th match banned too, given he had a lengthy suspension a couple of seasons ago. Unsure if they go that far back when checking disciplinary records.

Very few positives in this one, Ross Forbes was good and probably MOTM. Sinclair was duff and Elliott was simply woeful, running about like a drunk headless chicken.

Craig now out of next weeks game and deserved so after total idiocy. He got the free kick and it wasn't even that bad a challenge so only he will know the need to try to kick the boy in the face.

Special mention to coves cretinous support for their noise. Their chants of the ref and Lino being homers gave me the best laugh of the day. Tumilty is truly a woeful referee.

Ach, that's a bit harsh. At least this time he didn't do anything daft like award a goal when a player punches the ball into the net.

Just give a penalty when the ball hit a player on the chest.

Handball or not handball. Very difficult things for a referee to spot.

Ach, that's a bit harsh. At least this time he didn't do anything daft like award a goal when a player punches the ball into the net.

Just give a penalty when the ball hit a player on the chest.

Handball or not handball. Very difficult things for a referee to spot.

Indeed. If it was handball it looked like ball-to-hand, but if it happened at the other end I would be screaming for it too.

I thought he got most of the big decisions right (dubious penalty aside), and you can't really ask for much more thant.

Indeed. If it was handball it looked like ball-to-hand, but if it happened at the other end I would be screaming for it too.

I thought he got most of the big decisions right (dubious penalty aside), and you can't really ask for much more thant.

Sorry, there may have been a hint of sarcasm in my post. :sarcastic:

Personally the only big decision I thought he got right was the sending off, and the assistant called that one.

Penalty hit Balatoni on the chest

Sorry, there may have been a hint of sarcasm in my post. :sarcastic:

Personally the only big decision I thought he got right was the sending off, and the assistant called that one.

Penalty hit Balatoni on the chest

I may be wrong but was was completely convinced it hit his hand which was up to protect his face. I was right behind the goal, but may be proved wrong with tv replays.

It was very similar to the decision Man U got against Arsenal earlier in the day, and I wasn't surprised he gave the pen.

Thankfully it didn't matter in the end thanks to Fox.

Thought we were good in the 1st half, even with ten men. Our 2nd half performance was really poor though.

Thought we were our usual excellent selves up until the sending off- although starting 442 may have affected our fluency just a little ( I wonder if we'll set up this way next week?). The most disappointing aspect of the first half was not taking a few of the numerous early chances and this made the game more difficult than it should have been.

I thought we actually played very few long balls considering we were down to ten players (fewer options) and Cove started to press rather than stand off us.

Thought we were our usual excellent selves up until the sending off- although starting 442 may have affected our fluency just a little

When I heard the starting lineup I thought it would be 442, but don't you think Doolan started a lot deeper? I thought it looked a similar shape with Doolan in the Welsh role. It didn't look like 442 to me anyways :frantic:

Thought we were good in the 1st half, even with ten men. Our 2nd half performance was really poor though.

This.

Terrible game.

O'donnell best player for thistle followed by Paton.

Craig is a fckin idiot.

Tumulty is a terrible referee.

& this!

Only things I'd add are it was a cracker of a goal the Cove boy scored BUT I can't believe how easy we gave away possession in the last few minutes of the game. Even with 10 men we should have been knocking the ball back & to the side instead of knocking long where Eliot, it has to be said, was giving it away.

Tumilty a joke. How he missed Craig's sending off I'll never know. Almost looked as though he bottled it until the linesman got involved! How their number 4 & number 8 didn't get booked is beyond me!

I think the manager's plans obviously changed after the sending off as I'd have thought he'd have wanted to give both Archie and Rowson some significant game time before next week.

The biggest positive today? (Other than a win)

Seeing Bannigan walking freely at the HT draw. Hopefully the ankle will stand up to some physical contact at the end of the week and he'll be good for next Saturday.

We'll need him if Welsh out.

The biggest positive today? (Other than a win)

Seeing Bannigan walking freely at the HT draw. Hopefully the ankle will stand up to some physical contact at the end of the week and he'll be good for next Saturday.

We'll need him if Welsh out.

Aye great point - was so good seeing him walk no problems round the pitch, confident he'll be fit for next week after seeing him.

I do hope Welsh is fit next week. We've already been without him a few games this season and I felt that it knocked our rhythm for a few weeks.