Trialist?

Firhillista

Emslie played against us at Deadwood a couple of seasons ago. That was the 1-1 game where Chaplain scored and Pat Clarke equalised with a penalty. I've only vague memories of the game but I seem to recall Emslie had a very good game that day. Probably impressed McCall.

me too, and on the basis of that game i'm sure mccall has been watchin his every move. infact of all the players mccall has watched and wanted to sign over the last 2 years, it seems he is the only player in scottish football that mccall hasn't touted to the thistle fans as some season ticket sweetie on a stick! obviously wanted to keep it hsh hush!

... the one thing i took away from that game was... sign up that boy! :rolleyes:

Emslie had a very good game that day. But going by some Clyde fan's on P&B a couple of years ago, it was basically his only good game. Maybe that had something to do with playing under such a brutal manager in John Brown. If (I think it's a matter of 'when' now TBH) he signs, I firmly believe a right beasting from McCall will do him the world of good and that he'll become an acquisation for the Jags.

My brother was at school with Ian and Ive met him at birthdays etc...very humble and i think he was depserate to get out of killie...he felt(and I agree) that they are a sinking ship.

definitely got talent but he's same sort of size as Cairney so could possibly be a bit lightweight but certainly a step forward from Scott McLaughlin in my opinion. Would also give us better balance as i think he prefers to play right mid opposed to the centre but i could be mistaken.

My brother was at school with Ian and Ive met him at birthdays etc...very humble and i think he was depserate to get out of killie...he felt(and I agree) that they are a sinking ship.

definitely got talent but he's same sort of size as Cairney so could possibly be a bit lightweight but certainly a step forward from Scott McLaughlin in my opinion. Would also give us better balance as i think he prefers to play right mid opposed to the centre but i could be mistaken.

Brief report on today's match on 'Harry wraggs' suggests Flannigan was impressive.

It's always difficult to gauge when a trialist is going all out for a contract and the rest of the players are holding back avoiding knocks etc. Even taking that into consideration the trialist today was very impressive. Looks like he'd be alright on deadballs (he hit the crossbar from a free kick and had a few decent inswingers from the corner in the first half).

He played in a few midfield positions in the first half but looked better when he played central midfield in the second half. Also quite vocal for a trialist. The lad's definitely fit as he covered a lot of ground and was still going strong towards the end of the game.

Like others I'm not sure why centre mid would be a priority but assuming we don't field trialists for the fun of it I can only imagine McCall will make him an offer.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Emslie's trial at Shrewsbury Town hasn't went as expected and he's returned to Scotland. He's eager to continue his football in the Glasgow area after a spell on loan at Clyde a couple of years ago. Hence why Thistle have taken him on.

Where did you get the Emslie rumour from mate? Or perhaps he is a trialist for one of this weeks games such as against Dumbarton? :thinking: