Just In ~ Dunfermline

Camallain

Magnificent! Absolutely bloody magnificent. I was fully expecting the usual Thistle routine of “big occasion, big crowd, big disappointment” but not today!! Fantastic display brilliant goals, Ross Forbes strike was outstanding. Thistle fans singing “ We’re Partick Thistle, we’re taking the piss”. Fantastic atmosphere and a crowd of over 5200.

But every silver lining has a cloud and Scott Fox’s injury is probably that cloud. Looked like a hamstring so he could be out for a few weeks.

Anyway, back to the top of the league having totally pumped our closest rivals! Happy days :cheers::clapping::thumbsup:

Edited by Camallain
  • Like 3

Absolutely phenomenal. Broke my North Stand cherry today, and it was unbelievable. Sang from 2.40 through to 4.55 with only stopping for half time. Fans sang their heart out, players showed so much bite and character.

Forbes controlled the game for us and was sensational, Erskine looked at his best today, Lawless was continually a threat, and Stephen O'Donnell, showed why should be playing for Scotland U21. How can you tell me hes not good enough? A Constant threat, Never gives up and Fantastic goal today.

Whole team deserve credit for the way they played.

Fox's injury looked really bad, so heres hoping hes not out long.

• Like 1

Just excellent to see so many inside Firhill today and a lot more than I thought there would be - fantastic!

The atmosphere was great and we made Dunfermline look worse than ordinary. After a great start for us, we sat off for a bit and they scored a very undeserved goal - but we responded brilliantly, and then just got better and better in the second half. It's so good to see us never happy just to sit on a lead - the team just wants to push on for more goals. And some real peaches scored today!

I think you could really see what it meant for the players at full time. A great day for everyone in red and yellow and Pars fans must recognise the best they can hope for this season is one place below us.

The ref did seem to give a foul every single time one of their players fell over. Good thing he didn't spoil the game too much.

WE'RE PARTICK THISTLE - WE'RE TAKING THE P!SS

• Like 1

But every silver lining has a cloud and Scott Fox’s injury is probably that cloud. Looked like a hamstring so he could be out for a few weeks.

Yes, I hope his early return. I did not see much of the performance of the sub GK (there was no shot on target), but his long-licks were seen a bit short and inaccurate.

I'm not on the site a lot these days, usually just pop my (greying) head around the (virtual) door on an odd occasion. These are the words of a man whose memory might be going a bit, but though the old days always seem better in many ways (standing in the shed, bringing in a cerry out, coffee buns and Forfar bridies, the smell of Condor - ahhh), without exaggeration, I have to say I think that this team is as good as the team from the early sixties and the cup winning team of 71'.

It could have been 7 again today. I never thought it would happen, but the great days have come back to FIrhill.

• Like 1

I really enjoyed today. the crowd was superb, heres hoping they all keep coming. the performance was again top class. never saw what happened to Fox as I was following the ball and only became aware of his injury when the booing started. would not be wanting they first aiders attending me, took them forever to get the stretcher round.

if we keep playing like that we will win this league at a canter.

Great game great result

First time in the north stand and won't be the last

4 great goals with the 3rd and 4th being hard to chose as the best, hell the 5th wasn't bad either

Forbes was imense realy kept the game in our favour and the view of his goal from the North stand was just......well I hope someone had a camera on it the swerve was Carlos liike

Erskine was sublime his movment for the first was great drawing the defender and keeper towards him, great touches and allways running at the defence

Lawless positioning was great

O'Donnell great running movment and his passes into the box caused the pars no end of truble

Balatoni had another good game in defence and his header was a peach

One happy Jagss fan tonight even with a cheast infection

Brilliant perfurmance today from Thistle: every player on the park played their part. Pity about Scott Fox, i was visiting the little boys room so I can't comment on the incident , guy next to me he said fox injured himself..

The whole team were super today and the third and fourth goals were sulime. Its the first time I've ever posted here and can't recall any negative aspects of our display. It was that good to be totally honest we played them off the park.

Appeared to be a chasm in quality between these two sides. If we can replicate this kind of performance, the First Division title is Firhill bound.

There was a fantastic atmosphere at Firhill today; even the JH stand was rocking. The team put in an excellent performance, particularly given that Welsh and Bannigan were absent. Indeed, the most heartening thing about this afternoon is that I've seen the team play much better, as for 20 minutes in the first half we went missing. Yet we still one 5-1 against our nearest rivals! Fantastic.

And Ross Forbes' 35 yarder.... what a hit!

Absolutely excellent performance, with a great crowd. Couple of older lads next to me hadn't been for years but will be back plenty this season.

Fox seemed to hurt himself taking the bye-kick, and I honestly don't think the Dunfermline players realised he was hurt when they played on.

We absolutely blew them away. Wonderful defence-shredding play for O'Donnell's goal and the thunderous shot from Forbes were the highlights.

Forbes controlled the game...Erskine was winning back the ball, beating defenders and making incisive passes...Paton stopped them playing and started attacks...O'Donnell was a constant threat.

Dunfermline were made to look pedestrian...at times it really did look as if we could score when we wanted.

Most exciting Thistle side I've seen since the Class of 70/71...please let it last!

cracking day out

unfortunately my boy never made it due to being no well (stayed with granny ) but me Faither and Law and Daughter Child(Shelbi) made it up.

all positive today :)

notice the concession stand at the city end selling hot drinks only, kudos on that. Hats off to the lovely ladies doing the facepainting, made my daughters day so thank you very much. and of course a cracking result and a cracking atmosphere, JH was indeed rocking and I would hazard a guess at a bit more than the Quoted attendance. what does the JH hold 6 thousand?

couple of pics

65316_493915950642649_584569148_n.jpg

Magnificent! We still look a little fragile at set pieces, but if we attack like we did today it doesn't really matter. Archie, Forbes and O'Donnell were all immense and we were generally unplayable going forward. Slightly concerned about Fox, but I think giving Sculley game time could pay off long term.

You have to wonder what kind of crowd we'll take through to Hamilton on Friday.

What a brilliant day everything about it was top drawer apart from the injury to Fox. 3rd and 4th goals were brilliant and would grace the game at any level. Special mention to Forbes who i thought was excellent today i thought we might struggle in midfield with no Bannigan and Welsh, heard Jackie saying on radio he only gets appearance money really hope we can get him signed up he looks a real find. I thought that Pars had improved given their results since we beat them at EEP but they were awful and 5-1 makes them look better than they are

Not quit just in .... on the M74 services on the way home to Manchester, but just had to post my tuppence worth.

First thing to say is that Dunfermline were not bad. They will play worse than that and win. For a while before and after their goal, I thought they might be taking control, but when our attacking players get going, we are unstoppable. Fair play to them as they didn't give up and try to defend even when 5-1 down. Having watched the ICT v Hearts game on the telly before the match, I would fear no-one in Scotland based on todays performances.

Steven O'Donnell was for me outstanding. When I heard the starting 11, I couldn't understand the line up, but playing Stevie in midfield was a masterstroke. He was all over the park, several times popping up at left back and caused their left back problems all game. Loved it when he came over to celebrate with the JH after his goal. I can't remember being so excited about a young Thistle player ever and was man of the match for me.

Conrad is a player transformed. Totally solid at the back and towered above everyone to take his goal. Archie may not have the touch, but his positioning is exceptional and Bannigan has a fight on his hands to get the number 3 shirt back from Sinclair. The big difference between the sides was that Dunfermline just couldn't handle the pace of Lawless, Erskine and O'Donnell, who harried and chassed down every Dunfermline player when we didn't have the ball.

Finally, The 12th man. The supporters today were magnificent. The North stand sang all game and the JH were joining in too. Best atmosphere I have witnessed at Firhill for many a year. That performance from players and fans is the best advert you could wish for to bring back the lapsed fans. It will certainly get me back up the road again.