Just In ~ Dunfermline

Camallain

Archie started off a bit dodgy - but probably understandable given that he hasn't played for a few weeks. I thought O'Donnel was superb and he would have been my pick for MOTM, although I won't argue too much with Forbes getting it. Thistle were right up for this game and got off to a great start which just set the scene for fab afternoon.

Great performance, great atmosphere, great game! Really couldn't be happier with that!

Have to praise Jackie too, it was mentioned about Dunfermline knowing our team inside out, we'll he certainly did something about that by bringing in Archie & putting O'Donnell to RM. I'd imagine Dunfermline probably assumed we'd be going to 3 at the back, which we could have but the formation we went with worked a treat.

More teams are likely to 'do a Falkirk' on us now though, just hope we can get an early goal against defensive teams meaning they have to come out & we can hopefully make use of the extra space.

Promotion bus has moved onto its next stop!

So so proud to be a Jags fan tonight. Firhill absolutely packed and bouncing, what an atmosphere! Can honestly say haven't enjoyed a game as much since the Lambie days.

Every single one of those players in red and yellow today did the jersey proud and fought for their lives. The passion, grit, determination and effort on show today was absolutely brilliant to see.

Gutted for Fox, hope he makes a swift recovery and quick.

Absolutely no failures today, and despite my reservations when initially realising what formation we were going with at the back, full marks to Jackie for changing it to accommodate our captain. After a struggle in the first 20 mins at the back the defence settled and never looked back.

Forbes was absolutely phenomenal today and I must admit when he first arrived I had my doubts about him but delighted to say he has proved me wrong big time.

It says something about this team when you can say that Lawless had one of his quieter games and still scored two great goals. Erskine and O'Donnell on today's form are simply unplayable when they turn up like that and I agree with the earlier post about O'Donnell and the U21s.

In terms of the title, if that is our closest challenge then, unless we shoot ourselves in the foot, do we really have anything to fear? Surely not, ok some may say that Dunfermline were maybe distracted today with the off-field problems but I'm not buying that, they were soundly beating today and just don't look like title contenders.

Also, what a dirty lot they are, typical Jeffries team and how they kept 11 men on the park today I will never know.

Onwards and upwards to Hamilton, a ground we rarely win at but in this form we should have enough to see of what is a poor Accies team these days.

Great to see the boys playing in red and yella today. Good to see McGuigan back and getting a run-out today.

Finally, The 12th man. The supporters today were magnificent. The North stand sang all game and the JH were joining in too. Best atmosphere I have witnessed at Firhill for many a year. That performance from players and fans is the best advert you could wish for to bring back the lapsed fans. It will certainly get me back up the road again.

I do not know game chants. Is there any music and lyrics site?

That was just about as good as it gets being a Jags fan. Emphatic win over agood strong side with some wonderful footie, tremendous energy and a healthy crowd. Let's not forget - No Banzo, Welch or Craig who would have been certains tarters. And seeing Aaron Sinclair turn into Messi for the last 20 minutes was just magical. Hope Fox is ok but Scully can step up. The one player who seemed under par was Doolan but he worke dhis socks off. Didn't realise Forbes was only here til jan but surely we can use the dosh from today to keep him?

Well, it's only my second game of the season, but that was just ridiculous. In a good way.

Am I wrong to say that their keeper kept them in it in the first half? It seemed to me he had a couple of wonder saves.

And then, we just steamrollered them. The difference between us and them appeared to be that when chances beckoned, we took them and they didn't.

That is the difference between success and glorious failure.

If we can keep this squad together through the transfer window, I would be astonished if we don't win the league with something to spare. Someone else said that this is the best Thistle team they have seen since the boys of 1971. Without getting carried away, I'd like to echo that.

MacNamara is the key to all of this. When we played traditional kick it up the park, we looked no better than them. When we played a short passing game, which I think he wants us to do, we looked at least one class above them.

Most enjoyable way of freezing my toes off in ages ;-)

So so proud to be a Jags fan tonight. Firhill absolutely packed and bouncing, what an atmosphere! Can honestly say haven't enjoyed a game as much since the Lambie days.

Every single one of those players in red and yellow today did the jersey proud and fought for their lives. The passion, grit, determination and effort on show today was absolutely brilliant to see.

Gutted for Fox, hope he makes a swift recovery and quick.

Absolutely no failures today, and despite my reservations when initially realising what formation we were going with at the back, full marks to Jackie for changing it to accommodate our captain. After a struggle in the first 20 mins at the back the defence settled and never looked back.

Forbes was absolutely phenomenal today and I must admit when he first arrived I had my doubts about him but delighted to say he has proved me wrong big time.

It says something about this team when you can say that Lawless had one of his quieter games and still scored two great goals. Erskine and O'Donnell on today's form are simply unplayable when they turn up like that and I agree with the earlier post about O'Donnell and the U21s.

In terms of the title, if that is our closest challenge then, unless we shoot ourselves in the foot, do we really have anything to fear? Surely not, ok some may say that Dunfermline were maybe distracted today with the off-field problems but I'm not buying that, they were soundly beating today and just don't look like title contenders.

Also, what a dirty lot they are, typical Jeffries team and how they kept 11 men on the park today I will never know.

Onwards and upwards to Hamilton, a ground we rarely win at but in this form we should have enough to see of what is a poor Accies team these days.

Great to see the boys playing in red and yella today. Good to see McGuigan back and getting a run-out today.

there was a few niggly tackles but nothing worthy of a sending off IMO, I think the ref had a good game, he could have flew in and started dishing out yellows but he held back. things got a bit out of hand when Muirhead tried to DDT the Fifer and he done well to calm the players down.its good to not be moaning at a referee decision after a game.well done Calum Murray. your post is absolute spot on, I won't bother writing my match report as you have described it the exact same as I would have.tremendous.

Re-locating Jags fans into the North Stand really seems to be paying dividends in terms of creating more atmosphere and, judging by Jackie's comments in today's BBC interview, having a positive impact on the players. At the same time, putting the away fans into the corner of the JHS marginalises them a bit and seems to keep them quieter then previous seasons. Hopefully we can keep using this to our advantage. Today was the best atmosphere inside Firhill since God knows when, absolutely brilliant!

Absolutely brilliant performance with not a single failure. The manager showed he's tactically astute.

What I love about this team is that when they lose the ball they work really hard to get it back and then keep it which must be so frustrating for the opposition.

That kind of performance and run is as good as a goal start and no team in the league will pitch up at Firhill thinking they'll win.

Someone at hospitality said they were told that Fox had torn a muscle in his thigh and that he could be out for 6 weeks.

there was a few niggly tackles but nothing worthy of a sending off IMO, I think the ref had a good game, he could have flew in and started dishing out yellows but he held back. things got a bit out of hand when Muirhead tried to DDT the Fifer and he done well to calm the players down.its good to not be moaning at a referee decision after a game.well done Calum Murray. your post is absolute spot on, I won't bother writing my match report as you have described it the exact same as I would have.tremendous.

Yea, actually thought the ref was very good; this could have turned into a kicking match when we started to stretch our lead. Thought he calmed flashpoints well and generally let the game flow.

TBH, I'm in shock... that display was awesome - we stepped up when we had to and created many many chances. In the first half in particular their keeper (sorry don't know his name) had a string of fine saves. Fox on the other hand had a quiet day; didn't need to do too much. (Hope he's okay as the injury looked painful.)

One seriously happy and satisfied Jags fan :thumbsup2:

^^ If Fox is out for a few weeks, would Craig Gordon (currently a free agent) consider us as an opportunity to market his skills and experience?

doubt it, more likely graeme smith will come back if he's not already signed up, although it would be very unfair to drop Scully after a clean sheet today! I do feel there's too many mistakes in him though at this stage for us to be pushing for promotion.wouldn't mind seeing Tuffey back for a few weeks but he's been sub keeper at St J so there's not much chance.

Re-locating Jags fans into the North Stand really seems to be paying dividends in terms of creating more atmosphere and, judging by Jackie's comments in today's BBC interview, having a positive impact on the players. At the same time, putting the away fans into the corner of the JHS marginalises them a bit and seems to keep them quieter then previous seasons. Hopefully we can keep using this to our advantage. Today was the best atmosphere inside Firhill since God knows when, absolutely brilliant!

Well said, says it all :thumbsup2:

^^ If Fox is out for a few weeks, would Craig Gordon (currently a free agent) consider us as an opportunity to market his skills and experience?

I said exactly that to my mate today. He'd need to agree to play for next to nothing but it would give him a chance to get some much needed game time.

Edited by jagsfan1963

This season just gets better and better. I've not enjoyed my football as much as I am at the present time. Another brilliant performance from the team - a great team effort and some fabulous individual performances. Seeing and hearing Firhill rocking brings back such great memories.

Just one wondering - if we do get to SPL, would we get same atmosphere/crowd size as we had today when the likes of Hibs and ICT come calling?

Did anyone see what happened when Cardell got booked. From what I saw out the corner of my eye, it looked as if O'Donnell jogged past him while they lined up a freekick and Cardell dropped to the deck holding his face. I guess the ref saw it the same as me, hence Cardell got the card, but was there anything in it ?