Lets Get A Huge Crowd To Hamilton

p12tfc

The crowd yesterday was a lot higher than I, and i would imagine most other fans, would/could have imagined. People brought friends and family along and hopefully quite a few lapsed fans came back as well. I brought my mum to the game and she loved it.

Now, wouldnt it be great if we could get these friends, family and lapsed fans down to Hamilton on Friday as well. Why not fill the stand behind the goal? Would be great for the team to run out to a full away stand showing them our support. Lets turn it into a home game and sing from the first whistle.

So, how many do we think we can take 1000+?

I imagine we'll take something similar to the number against Hamilton in the cup earlier this season.

I think it'll be more. We're coming off a fantastic result in the league, and into another league game. I think there was around 600-700 there for the league cup, but I wouldn't be surprised if we took 1000 or more this time round. Or to put it another way, we'll dominate the Accies' fans, rather than just outnumber them.

not been to Hamilton for donkeys...what train do you get and is it near the ground and is there any family friendly battlecruisers on route??

Get the lower level train from Central to Hamilton West, it's right next to the ground.

I don't think there's any family friendly pubs nearby. Never seen kids in the Vaults across from the station and the Tap Room across from it doesn't allow away colours. Best bet might be a drink in Glasgow and then the train through in time for kick off. It's best to leave a bit of time to get into the ground, Hamilton only ever seem to operate 2 turnstiles for the away end and even at games where we haven't brought a really big support there's been a long wait to get in.

Get the lower level train from Central to Hamilton West, it's right next to the ground.

I don't think there's any family friendly pubs nearby. Never seen kids in the Vaults across from the station and the Tap Room across from it doesn't allow away colours. Best bet might be a drink in Glasgow and then the train through in time for kick off. It's best to leave a bit of time to get into the ground, Hamilton only ever seem to operate 2 turnstiles for the away end and even at games where we haven't brought a really big support there's been a long wait to get in.

Cheers mate :thumbsup2:

not been to Hamilton for donkeys...what train do you get and is it near the ground and is there any family friendly battlecruisers on route??

If your taking your son then you should nip into Equis before the game - they have loads of great ice cream selections and milkshakes! Just across the road from the train station too! :)

Well I hadnt planned on going on Friday as was meant to be working early on saturday however i have now swapped shifts and i will going with the wee man :thumbsup2:

I'm working early on Saturday AND I'm going on Friday, uber-fan that I am! :P

Glad the game got moved as I wouldn't have made it on Saturday.

I thought we were supposed to be boycotting Accies away league games this season?

:)

Nah, we'll just smash up their stand to annoy their BNP supporting stadium director and the rest of their sevconian sympathising board.

Joking by the way. A few sevco lovers and a couple of facists won't stop me from watching my team :)

Get the lower level train from Central to Hamilton West, it's right next to the ground....

For those coming from further West, those trains also run through Hyndland, Partick and all stop here too.

As for boozers - Lanarkshire on a Friday night? Hell no; get out of Dodge as quickly as possible.

Buying a carry-out for the train from the big supermarket between the ground and train station would of course violate the new Scotrail "nae booze after 9PM" rules so I would not recommend that either...

...snigger

Looking for an excuse to miss this one as every time i go to NDP we lose 1-0 however as i live 10 mins from the ground i dont have a decent excuse not to go.

If youve got kids with you then the only place near the ground i recommend is possibly the bay horse (bothwell road) which doesnt get busy....ever, and has started to do food (just pub grub mind). You can also go into the clydesdale hotel (clydesdale street) which has a wee bar and is family friendly and again is 5 mins from the ground.

I shall be in ML3 bar which is about 10 mins walk from the ground and is a decent boozer if a little pricey as I like to pretend im a bit of a yuppie.