Cup Final

Fistle1876

The gaps would have to be big - over 1,000 seats, i.e. about a fifth.

There were probably over 200 seats empty in the Dunfermline end, some seats were covered up by segregation barrier (not sure how many this is), the front row of seats were not available. This will account for 400 or 500 seats. Then if one in every 8-10 seats were free (which seems pretty reasonable to me when there were no allocated seats) then that accounts for over 1,000 seats.

The front few rows of the JH were covered over, right the way along the stand. So there's a few empty seats right away. Then bear in mind the segregation between the two sets of fans, thats another few seats. And as Twinny says, there were a few empty seats dotted about here and there.

Kids for free are counted in the attendance, this has been stated many times.

Questioning the attendance simply because you reckon it looked more than that, doesn't really cut it I'm afraid. Neither does backing up your point by saying "Derek Ferguson reckoned it was 7,000". He was in the gantry, looking down across the full stand. Not exactly the best position to gauge the attendance.

The front few rows of the JH were covered over, right the way along the stand. So there's a few empty seats right away. Then bear in mind the segregation between the two sets of fans, thats another few seats. And as Twinny says, there were a few empty seats dotted about here and there.

Questioning the attendance simply because you reckon it looked more than that, doesn't really cut it I'm afraid. Neither does backing up your point by saying "Derek Ferguson reckoned it was 7,000". He was in the gantry, looking down across the full stand. Not exactly the best position to gauge the attendance.

By the way, are you Club Secretary?

Season ticket holders will get preference for cup final tickets.

For the rest why not have a voucher system to try and ensure regular attenders get second preference.

Perhaps the previous say 3 or 4 home gates may have a higher attendance and generate some additional funds and atmosphere.

Otherwise regulars may get gazumped by the more casual suppporter.

The brilliant photo on facebook of the JH stand clearly shows the frontmost row not being used (looks like the chairs were covered in purple polythene or something). Anybody know why this was? That photo also shows quite a few gaps here and there down near the front.

Just move it to Hampden :evil: instead of dicking around with Livi, which will be nowhere near big enough.

Failing that, Killie might be able to have enough capacity, just, to cope with the hoardes of Jags and Queens. :crazy:

Or if they are intent on holding final near Edinburgh, use Tynecastle or Easter Road (Tyncastle may be laying empty unused by then).

The brilliant photo on facebook of the JH stand clearly shows the frontmost row not being used (looks like the chairs were covered in purple polythene or something). Anybody know why this was? That photo also shows quite a few gaps here and there down near the front.

To stop anyone from JHS invading the pitch. Think pic you are referring to was taken before kickoff? During the game there was hardly a seat to be found in home end, and a number of people (including under 16s, and some under 12s) were sent round to The Shed. Looked to be between 600 and 700 in Shed. Even if it was only 500, that means there was only about 4700 in JHS, so the JHS was only 3/4s full? Aye right.

He is Secretary of the Firhill Mod Club, with dave.j as President.

I thought it was the other way round? :confused1:

Or is it decided on whoever is the tallest or oldest, is the Prez? :music:

Just move it to Hampden :evil: instead of dicking around with Livi, which will be nowhere near big enough.

Failing that, Killie might be able to have enough capacity, just, to cope with the hoardes of Jags and Queens. :crazy:

Or if they are intent on holding final near Edinburgh, use Tynecastle or Easter Road (Tyncastle may be laying empty unused by then).

To stop anyone from JHS invading the pitch. Think pic you are referring to was taken before kickoff? During the game there was hardly a seat to be found in home end, and a number of people (including under 16s, and some under 12s) were sent round to The Shed. Looked to be between 600 and 700 in Shed. Even if it was only 500, that means there was only about 4700 in JHS, so the JHS was only 3/4s full? Aye right.

-- Dunno when it was taken. The JHS might well have filled up even more by a few minutes later. Where we were sitting (not far along from the Dumbfermline supporters) and about half-way up was certainly choc-a-bloc.

--Can somebody explain to me how a single row of purple polythene-covered seats could stop a pitch invasion? :thinking: That's the kind of thing that the Ministry of Defence should probably know about!

Edited by Jaggernaut

Apologies if this has been discussed. However, I've just noticed that we are due to play Morton on Tuesday 9th April, 2 days after the Cup Final.

This is clearly far from ideal and would imagine the Club would request it to be moved back to at least the Wednesday. I'd also imagine that there would be no issues from the SFL over moving the game.

And if we happen to also have a Scottish FA Cup semifinal on the 13th/14th, surely they would let us move the Morton game to another week

If there is any problem with getting tickets, would the club be able to set up a live feed on a large screen in the Aitken Suite ?

A "live feed" like BBC Alba? :innocent2:

Season ticket holders will get preference for cup final tickets.

For the rest why not have a voucher system to try and ensure regular attenders get second preference.

Perhaps the previous say 3 or 4 home gates may have a higher attendance and generate some additional funds and atmosphere.

Otherwise regulars may get gazumped by the more casual suppporter.

Already been suggested :thumbsup2:

To stop anyone from JHS invading the pitch.

Was disappointed to see someone from the North stand, jump over the barriers and join the players celebrating the first goal.

While clearly the exception, rather than the norm, this sort of thing can endanger the wonderful arrangement we currently have :thumbdown:

And if we happen to also have a Scottish FA Cup semifinal on the 13th/14th, surely they would let us move the Morton game to another week

We'd need Morton's agreement to that. But is it really the best thing. If we did reach that too, that'd be three games rescheduled for midweek, with only a month to play them...

As I said on the Facebook thing everyone needs to turn it in with this final crap, it is the least important game we will play this season (unless we get promoted with a few games to go). If you have a season ticket or go on a semi regular basis you will get a ticket. If you are flying in from abroad for this diddy final you'll get a ticket off someone. There were less than our final ticket allocation in the home end yesterday for the most important game in years at home. You will get a sodding ticket. And although Livi isn't the best place to go the stadium itself is tidy and will be great if sold out.

Lets concentrate on more important things.

As I said on the Facebook thing everyone needs to turn it in with this final crap, it is the least important game we will play this season (unless we get promoted with a few games to go).

Very good point.

I really hope this final doesn't cause us any problems going into the Morton game.

Edited by cjptfc

As I said on the Facebook thing everyone needs to turn it in with this final crap, it is the least important game we will play this season (unless we get promoted with a few games to go). If you have a season ticket or go on a semi regular basis you will get a ticket. If you are flying in from abroad for this diddy final you'll get a ticket off someone. There were less than our final ticket allocation in the home end yesterday for the most important game in years at home. You will get a sodding ticket. And although Livi isn't the best place to go the stadium itself is tidy and will be great if sold out.

Lets concentrate on more important things.

Far too sensible a post it'll never catch on

Just seen on OS if you buy a 9 game half season ticket you are guaranteed a cup final ticket so get buying peeps

They should think radical and play the final at Brunton Park.

Very handy for QoS fans - straight down the M74 for Thistle fans or 1hr7mins on a Virgin train for £22 return.

Good old-fashioned ground, but with plenty of seats.

Numerous pubs / restaurants in the city centre and short walk down Warwick Road to the ground.

They should think radical and play the final at Brunton Park.

Very handy for QoS fans - straight down the M74 for Thistle fans or 1hr7mins on a Virgin train for £22 return.

Good old-fashioned ground, but with plenty of seats.

Numerous pubs / restaurants in the city centre and short walk down Warwick Road to the ground.

Play a national cup final outside the country?

Could it turn out that SFL has chosen a venue that is going to be too small for all the people who want to attend the final?

That would be funny.........

not.

I'd hope that the two clubs involved are already making the potential issue known to the authorities; they've got 6 months to sort it out.

Edited by Jaggernaut

I really think there could be easily 5 or 6 thousand Thistle fans at least wanting tickets for this final. If all the thistle fans that were at saturdays game (4000) want tickets, then the usual crowd that will tag along to a final with mates (500 - 1000) and if we keep up our great run of form and style of play going till then (500) and i know that the players are needing a lot of tickets for family, so if all the players take 20 for example that adds another (500). I dont really care were the final is, just as long as ALL the thistle fans that want to go, get tickets!