Nomads Need Tickets Too..sandy And Onethistle Team

topcat

As a NOMAD after seeing Saturdays attendance I am a bit worried that I won,t get tickets as I might not be there to stand in a queue . I am not a season ticket holder and I can,t really buy a match deal.

I do sponsor and full players kit and I am a gold centenary club member as well as going for the corporate match on Boxing day with Morton so I think I am doing my bit

I will definitely be back for this game and will probably bring my family and if I am typical of the NOMADS then I hope the club will take note of us when they start selling the tickets.

Please ask the club to think again for the venue as I think we are going to outsell 4000-5000 tickets easy.

Really no need for yet another thread on this,

It's at Livingston - deal with it. We will get about 5000 tickets.

Everyone who wants a ticket will get one.

Can this pointless post not be put into the cup final thread?

I think you're too quick to be calling this "pointless". The OP has a point: shirt sponsors etc. should definitely be included amongst the priority cases for Ramsden Cup Final tickets, almost as much as season ticket-holders ( :innocent2: ).

By most accounts we took 12,000+ to the SC sem-final against what-used-to-be-known-as-the-h u n s. Don't you think that this might just be, if not repeated, then approached again, as part of a unique league and cup double within the same season?

LMJ

As you are one of those exalted real fans from the North Stand then your name is already on a ticket I suppose.

I might be a Nomad but I still know I have been to more games than you home and away.

I have an opinion that a lot of fans are going to miss out here and I think that is a relevant thing to discuss. And if as you say this is just another thread on this subject then there must be a lot of concern.

I was at the Rangers SC semi and we had 11000 there so if we keep playing like this more than 5000 is a no brainer. Do you consider it tough luck if 2-3000 fans can,t get to see our first final in 40 odd years.

PS Did you see the kids in the North Stand on Saturday? Absolute disgrace

Don't understand your logic as to everyone who wants a ticket will get one,even before last weeks game the majority of fans felt that the ticket allocation may well fall short of the actual numbers required.

As to getting about 5000 tickets to a ground that only holds just over 10000 ,I think we'll be about 500 short of that.bearing in mind that both teams may well be chasing a title.

As to putting everyone's concerns into one thread , I agree

But I also recognise that the op does have a valid point ,and being a fellow supporter I don't think a response of "deal with it" helps anyone

Think he has a valid point how will Nomad fans like myself be able to purchase tickets, even those with Season Tickets that can only make it back for a game or 2 a season.

When you take the sponsers allocation, the other 28 clubs players and officials allocation, the SFA and SFL big wigs plus Livi's allocation that will probably be around the 1000 mark, allow for segregation and were probably just over the 4000 mark for each club, and every jags fan and his dug will be wanting a ticket, we've been waiting 40 years for a final, we sold 11 or 12000 for hampden in a game we wouldnt win and I remember the mad dash for tickets for the qtr final against Celtic in the Scottish cup round about 88

The sponsors, SFA and SFL will take significant numbers of tickets. We will probably get around 4,000. The directors, coaching staff and players will want tickets for family, relatives and friends. Season ticket holders get priority on the rest. The chances of everyone who wants a ticket getting one are small so the TC has a very good point. Why not promise him your tickets if can't get them? After all, you seem to be so sure that he will.

Edited by kni

As a NOMAD after seeing Saturdays attendance I am a bit worried that I won,t get tickets as I might not be there to stand in a queue . I am not a season ticket holder and I can,t really buy a match deal.

I do sponsor and full players kit and I am a gold centenary club member as well as going for the corporate match on Boxing day with Morton so I think I am doing my bit

I will definitely be back for this game and will probably bring my family and if I am typical of the NOMADS then I hope the club will take note of us when they start selling the tickets.

Please ask the club to think again for the venue as I think we are going to outsell 4000-5000 tickets easy.

Hi mate might be an idea to contact the club and the SFA/SFL about it? Might be an idea for a few that are worried like me to email them to see

Don't know if the venue can be changed,but I think we should be asking the question.

To gauge the ticket requirements of both clubs, would it be possible to pre order your ticket requirements

At £5 a ticket (fee returnable if tickets cannot be honoured) if this was done say through the month of December it would mean that the clubs,sfl and sponsors would know with a degree of accuracy what size of venue was required and have time to respond.

As I've said previously this could be a showcase not just for teams involved and our league but for the sponsors

My information is that our allocation is minimum 5,000. Probably meaning that it's not a 50/50 split and we are getting a bit more than QOS.

Also worth bearing in mind that the attendance for a challenge cup final has only once been over 10,000 in over 20 years.

Ian_Mac

Have the mighty Jags ever been in that final in 20 years. I think you will be surprised at the amount of interest.

Is it worth taking a chance that some will not get to witness a final. I have been listening to stories of 71 for so long that I want my own cup final story and I think a lot are thinking like me

I think you're too quick to be calling this "pointless". The OP has a point: shirt sponsors etc. should definitely be included amongst the priority cases for Ramsden Cup Final tickets, almost as much as season ticket-holders ( ).

By most accounts we took 12,000+ to the SC sem-final against what-used-to-be-known-as-the-h u n s. Don't you think that this might just be, if not repeated, then approached again, as part of a unique league and cup double within the same season?

The topic of not enough tickets is being done to death in the cup final thread. He could post his concerns there rather than start another thread up on the matter. Or email the club directly rather than moaning about something for the sake of it.

We took 12,000 to a semi final against Rangers, this however is a diddy cup final which nobody really cares about against a team in the 2nd division. We only now have fans who care because we are in the final.

As you are one of those exalted real fans from the North Stand then your name is already on a ticket I suppose.

I might be a Nomad but I still know I have been to more games than you home and away.

I have an opinion that a lot of fans are going to miss out here and I think that is a relevant thing to discuss. And if as you say this is just another thread on this subject then there must be a lot of concern.

I was at the Rangers SC semi and we had 11000 there so if we keep playing like this more than 5000 is a no brainer. Do you consider it tough luck if 2-3000 fans can,t get to see our first final in 40 odd years.

PS Did you see the kids in the North Stand on Saturday? Absolute disgrace

I bought a season ticket this year as it's the 1st year I could really afford one and yes I have decided I enjoy sitting in the north stand this season. So like any football club season ticket holders have a priority for tickets to events such as these. That's the way football works.

I don't disagree you have an opinion, but rather than start another thread on this, why not just post it in the cup final thread? Or email the club with your concerns.

If we keep playing like this then the only thing that matters is winning the league. This is a diddy cup final. People didn't seem to care about it when we were playing Queens Park away mid week but now of course it's a final we have fans who want to come along, great! But I do see us selling out our allocation, and would be glad if there was demand for more but we kept it at Livingston. Why? A sell out is better than a half empty stadium and Livingston when full could be really really good.

Comparing how many games me and you have been too is just stupid. It does not make you any better a fan because you have supported Thistle longer or you have been to more games. I don't pretend to be a jags fan since I was only enough to walk. We all have our way we fell in love with the jags, what matters is we support the jags and this superior fan nonsense is a pile of crap.

I have no issue with kids in the north stand, but that's you just having a little dig for the hell of it eh?

• Like 1

Also worth bearing in mind this will be Thistles first cup final of note in forty years, and we have a history of coming out in big numbers for games of note eg Scottish cup semi at hampden,quarter final at tynecastle,celebration in paisley,cup game against Ayr (when we were in the second div) to name but a few

The topic of not enough tickets is being done to death in the cup final thread. He could post his concerns there rather than start another thread up on the matter. Or email the club directly rather than moaning about something for the sake of it.

We took 12,000 to a semi final against Rangers, this however is a diddy cup final which nobody really cares about against a team in the 2nd division. We only now have fans who care because we are in the final.

I bought a season ticket this year as it's the 1st year I could really afford one and yes I have decided I enjoy sitting in the north stand this season. So like any football club season ticket holders have a priority for tickets to events such as these. That's the way football works.

I don't disagree you have an opinion, but rather than start another thread on this, why not just post it in the cup final thread? Or email the club with your concerns.

If we keep playing like this then the only thing that matters is winning the league. This is a diddy cup final. People didn't seem to care about it when we were playing Queens Park away mid week but now of course it's a final we have fans who want to come along, great! But I do see us selling out our allocation, and would be glad if there was demand for more but we kept it at Livingston. Why? A sell out is better than a half empty stadium and Livingston when full could be really really good.

Comparing how many games me and you have been too is just stupid. It does not make you any better a fan because you have supported Thistle longer or you have been to more games. I don't pretend to be a jags fan since I was only enough to walk. We all have our way we fell in love with the jags, what matters is we support the jags and this superior fan nonsense is a pile of crap.

I have no issue with kids in the north stand, but that's you just having a little dig for the hell of it eh?

So why are you so rude to Nomads who just want to make sure they can go to the game? Your message appears to be "I'm alright you can GTF". :thumbdown:

So why are you so rude to Nomads who just want to make sure they can go to the game? Your message appears to be "I'm alright you can GTF". :thumbdown:

I am not being rude and that's not my message at all.

I am sick to death of people complaining about a final. We are in a final can we not bloody well look forward to it? Can we not worry about something which is a non issue just now? If we run out of tickets and the club want to move it, can we not worry about that if and when it happens?

The final is in April, would have been better if it was sooner to stop all this complaining about nothing!

Actually I was at the QP mid week 4-5 game.

I was comparing games to make the point that I was your age once and travelled to every game home and away and being a Nomad now doesn,t make you a better fan than me which really is what you have been saying.

I don,t live on this forum so I don,t always know that similair threads have started but by the feedback my thread still seems relevant

Absolute peach your statement that you don,t mind kids in the North Stand after all your nonsense about kids throwing sweeties at you.

This is true, although it makes us no different from any football club on the planet.

The issue is that the smaller the stadium, the more chance of regular (non st holder) attendees missing out.

Edited by H Wragg

Actually I was at the QP mid week 4-5 game.

I was comparing games to make the point that I was your age once and travelled to every game home and away and being a Nomad now doesn,t make you a better fan than me which really is what you have been saying.

I don,t live on this forum so I don,t always know that similair threads have started but by the feedback my thread still seems relevant

Absolute peach your statement that you don,t mind kids in the North Stand after all your nonsense about kids throwing sweeties at you.

You were using the games thing to make yourself out as a superior fan, so well done. I don't live on this forum but I can read through threads to see what the general feeling is. That's not difficult.

At the end of the day the final is at Livingston that at present is not going to change, it would be really great if people could accept that for just now and if we have an issue with tickets, cross that bridge when we come to it.

All threads like this do is make me want to buy 2 tickets use one and give one to a complete random who has zero interest in the jags!

Edit to add: As you continue to carry on with the kids thing - I don't mind kids, if you bother to read my other posts I clearly state it is the parents who have no control over their kids or the parents who complain when they hear a swear word at football that I have an issue with.

Edited by little_miss_jag

I honestly don't believe that anyone who is a regular will miss out.

Not disputing that regulars will get tickets but i think You're missing the point ,there are fans who for various reasons are not regular,but will move heaven and earth to attend our first final in forty years,and who knows may even become a "regular"

Wow. Just think how bad this forum is going to get when the tickets are sold out and people don't have tickets! The complaints will be volcanic if it's then moved to another, larger stadium.

I think it should just be moved to a larger stadium right now - better that everyone that wants a ticket can get one, and if we think we can sell 8,000 tickets somewhere else then why not go for it?

And if anyone thinks that it's a diddy cup and really doesn't matter, then don't bother! More chance that I'll get a ticket because I really want to go! And I'll have to get down from Dundee to get my ticket.