Hamilton Academical V Partick Thistle.

jagfox

G SUS I think he means that Scully was injured during the warm up and may be a doubt for Saturday now, he was on crutches in 2nd half. So we may be stuck with Smith anyways. I hope if he plays he has a quiet game, maybe a couple of clean sheets, get his confidence up. We can't afford these mistakes.

Edited by chunky jag

We were totally shite first half and a wee bit better in the second. Reminded me a bit of the Morton game where we were just not given the time to play football. It just seemed no matter what we did we were not going to score. Poor night all round. On the plus side the big Hamilton fan with the tits pulled a hammy.

Was expecting great things last night...thought we were pish..seemed to be a wee bit of arrogance in the team last night all swagger and not a lot else.

Maybe a wee bit unlucky not to get an equaliser with the wee bit a pressure around 60-70mins.

I think a nil nil would have been a fair result had Smith not made an absolute rex hunt of their corner.

Long long way to go...hopefully just a blip.

Accies support was laughable....nearly as laughable as the confrontation between the nursery crews at half time!

My wee boy summed up the game "daddy this teams rubbish why did we not win"

On Doolan not having the best game to say the least, it reminded me of performances before he went out on loan a few seasons back. The centre halves weren't giving him a second on the ball last night, in fact I can't remember any notable instances of him on the ball facing goal. Any touch was collecting the ball into his feet facing his own goal with a defender up his hole and nowhere to go. He effectively allowed himself to be bullied imo. Last night was an example of why we need the option of Craig for physicality.

The absence of Welsh does seem to affect our passing game, as he's our metronome in the middle of the park. I know the response will be that he wasn't available for the 5-1 victory either, but everyone else was on top form in that game, which seemed to cover for his absence. For me he's a big miss - I think a lot of his good work goes unnoticed.

Would it be fair to say that the bottom line is that away from home we're crap?

No. We have played 6 league games away from home - Lost 2 Drawn 2 and Won 2. We have played the more difficult teams - Dunfermline, Livingston, Morton, Raith, Falkirk and Hamilton. 6 games - a total of 18 points for the taking and we have taken 8. I fail to see how away from home that makes us "crap".

my thoughts on last night

great support from the jags fans

first half team never at the races

second half much more like us attacking down both flanks

plenty of chances created none taken

the goal got to be down to goalie not decisive enough at incoming cross

5 mins before goal same a cross ball lucky to get away without conceding

a bit like the morton game every cross coming in nightmare

i feel that craig being available next week is what we need up front someone with body strength who can hold the ball up and lay off for others coming through

other posters have mentioned the performance of doolan imho i dont think he is 100% fit

just not like himself this season

muirhead has been a revelation this season at centre half not right back

muirhead and balatoni (who played well last night) at the centre of defence

o'donnell and sinclair/bannigan wing backs

3 players sent off all similar situations

murray at greenock no danger ball in opposition half

craig against cove no danger ball in cove half

paton last night ball in opposition half

think jackie has got to sort that out

a wake up call but still a long way to go

there i feel a bit better now

the slightly oversized hamilton fan who kept on flashing his assets was the best laugh ive had in ages

onwards and upwards lads :thumbsup2:

btw the ref was :yellow_card:

Considering we are steamrollering the very same teams at Firhill it's frustrating that we're not picking up more points away from home. I wouldn't say 8 points from 18 away is crap as we have had a hard run of games however I wouldn't say it was chamiponship winning form either and we can't rely on keeping a 100% record at home all season so it really needs to improve. I think/hope Raith should be good for a point today against Dunfermline though and we're still top of the league so it's not all doom and gloom.

We need to grind it out a bit more on the road. Let the opposition come out at us and we have the players to punish teams on the break. Ross County did it to great effect last season and ended up with a record points total for this division. Easier said than done, I know. Let's entertain at home and get stuck in on our travels. That was a game we shouldn't be losing.

• Like 1

We were lucky not to concede about a minute or so before the og. Apart from that I don't remember much of a threat from Accies. For all our possession and attack in the second half I don't think we missed a sitter (Sid sums up that well in the official site).

Good point from watties wallies about the three red cards (or 2nd yellow) all in the opposition half. Btw I think the video will show May had fouled Paton and it was retaliation as opposed to a misjudged tackle. By and large Paul has been controlling the daft stuff this season so hopefully this is just a momentary relapse. I fully expect him to pick up more cards this season but not crazy ones. I may be doing the lad a disservice but O'Donnell is another who looks like he could also get "involved" and we can ill afford to lose him.

why were we charged £18 to get in last night,when ptfc web

site said adult price was £16,was it a last minute decision,

from accies to make more money because they new there would

be a big jags support,if so jags fans ripped off again.how

many times?!!!

Prices taken from Accies website.

http://www.acciesfc.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1054&Itemid=215

No. We have played 6 league games away from home - Lost 2 Drawn 2 and Won 2. We have played the more difficult teams - Dunfermline, Livingston, Morton, Raith, Falkirk and Hamilton. 6 games - a total of 18 points for the taking and we have taken 8. I fail to see how away from home that makes us "crap".

Fair enough. Hardly championship-winning away form, however.

Paton looked like he started to have a wee kick out after being pulled down shortly after our first goal against Dunfermline and if the ref had seen it he could have been sent off then. On the park he comes accross as one of these players that's fuelled by a little bit of anger, no bad thing if it gives him that extra drive that's been seeing him play so well this season but he needs to be sure he keeps it under control. I wasn't there last night and haven't seen the incident but the fact that it came as no surprise whatsoever is the worrying thing.

Fair enough. Hardly championship-winning away form, however.

Disagree. Win your home games and draw your away games should be just good enough to win the league. So we're ahead of that target plus to complete the first half of season away games coming up against Cowden, Dumbarton & Airdrie. I'll be concerned if we only take three points from these games as that would represent a form dip but even at that we'd still be on target.

• Like 1

why were we charged £18 to get in last night,when ptfc web

site said adult price was £16,was it a last minute decision,

from accies to make more money because they new there would

be a big jags support,if so jags fans ripped off again.how

many times?!!!

youve been done mate i got in for £16

I paid £16, and £8 for my son.

On the match, howler from the keeper. Looked shaky all night. Hopefully just a lack of confidence which will come back sharply, but if that's his best then we've nothing to lose by playing Scully (when fit). I don't know how he was at rangers, must be ol' watties boy or something.......

For the goal, he was being bothered by the wee number 7 standing on his toes for a corner just before it. Ross Forbes was marking him, but standing on the wrong side, for me. If you're marking someone who is trying to impede the keeper at a corner, then you must get inbetween the keeper and said attacker. Forbes didn't give the keeper any protection.

In saying that, Smith was so worried about the no.7 that he wasn't even looking at the cross coming in, and as a result, panicked and flapped at it. Definite own goal, and both Forbes and Smith could have done much better to avoid us conceding.

I thought we put in a lot of effort and endeavour, O'donnell in particular, and Sinclair put in some dangerous balls too. Forbes quality from corners was excellent, and I'm still struggling to believe we didn't put one of them in!

PP was silly, but I think as a referee you take into account the barge on him just before it, and it's a definite booking, but a slightly harsh red. I thought throughout the game that the ref was looking to be the centre of attention. I'm only surprised he didn't have one of those luminous kits on aswell.

All in all, not the worst day we've had, but disappointing, and a little unlucky, not to get more out of the game.