Partick Thistle V Dumfermline Athletic, Saturday 1 December

jagfox

Looking forward to this. My mate has booked me in for Hospitality so we should be in good spirits for kick off on Saturday.

Due to the league set up a tie against our main title rivals wasn't the draw I or a lot of Thistle fans wanted at the time. However here we are, and I think this could be another good game for us.

The team showed a proffesional attitude against Livi and we got the result in the end.

Not every player was at the top of their game but they all worked hard until the final whistle. The defense was well marshalled by Conrad and Shug provided a shield leaving Buzz little to do. What he did was pretty assured and I feel his confidence will improve game on game.

Lot's of options for Jackie with Sinclair showing form after getting a run in the team and Bannigan putting in a solid display capped by a fine goal.

Goals are coming from throughout the team and that is great for the fans.

Upfront Doolanhino is working hard and was a bit unlucky not to nick one against the Lions. However SoJ and Guigsy will be vying for a place.

Looking forward to this and if we continue with our level of performance we can be in the hat for the draw on Monday.

Three more sleeps :)

I can see Dunfermline being quite defensive after the spanking we gave them, but we also have the quality to get the job done. We're long overdue a run in the big cup, and I think we have the potential to go far this season.

Which is to say we'll get Hamilton away in the next round and go out to an 89th minute wondergoal.

Time to learn how to beat teams that park the bus. If Dunfermline go for broke after the last time they'll gt a doing, so whatever Jeffries says, they're going to have to play defensively. They're also desperate for cash, so will really want to win this one in the hope of easing the finances with an SPL club at home in the next round. Pressure of their recent doing, plus psychological pressure of precarious finances....thats a pretty toxic dressing room soup right there....

• Like 1

The Pars players have been paid now , so we might have a game on our hands this time !! Listen to me !! forever the optimist !!! Is it any wonder a few of us have doubts ? given our unpredictability , but at the same time , a great positive feeling about the Jags this season , possibly like never before and ive been a follower for more than 50 years !!!!!

Like the other posters on this thread, I also think that the Pars will have a tough, defensive approach to the game. The referee, Steven McLean, could have a big influence on the result.

He was in charge for our 4-0 win over Hamilton. I have no big worries about him.

Don’t think Dunfermline have any other option but to set up defensively. Every team that we have failed to win against have adapted a defensive approach. This is undoubtedly our Achilles heel this year.

Jim Jefferies I believe will set up to block our full backs and limit space in-between midfield and defence to combat the threat of Erskine and Lawless. Very similar to how Falkirk set up against us. No chance of o'donnell getting the freedom of Firhil like the game in the league.

How we defend set pieces is going to vital.

Edited by Alan Murray