One's That Got Away

potty trained

He wasn't! He clearly had some talent and generated a lot of excitement at the time, but he was also extremely lazy and just simply not as good as we all hoped he would be.

Strongly disagree..his footballing brain was so far ahead it was frightening....i dont think he was lazy either..i think he just got pissed off playing with muppets every week!

Got to say i kind of agree with 1971, didnt think Jacobs was THAT good. Aye he was decent for us in the 2nd division, exciting at times, but I think people got excited about him just cos he was foreign and apparently turned all these big clubs down to join us. Good wee player in the 2nd div. but he's not someone i desperately wish we'd held onto.

I heard if thistle gave livi £25k then he was ours.Apparently we couldn't afford it

DOH!

While we can look back on it and say "what a missed opportunity". How many times have teams splashed out on players and they haven't progressed as we all thought they would.

I can't, and indeed, won't criticise any Thistle board who miss out on a good player, because they don't want to spend money we don't really have.

I heard if thistle gave livi £25k then he was ours.Apparently we couldn't afford it

I don't know what to make of that but Dick C found money to sign players the following season. If Livi did offer Dorrans for that amount it's more likely Campbell thought it was too much. After all in terms of quality the lad fell way short of Darren Brady & Slippers McConologue. :)

I remember Dorrans coming back to Firhill with Livi and absolutely destroying us (might have been a League Cup game? we lost 4-1 I think), he was the best player on the pitch by a country mile. I'm sure he won young player of the year that season too.

Was that the 3-2 game at Firhill in December 2006?

They went 2-0 up, we dragged it back to 3-2 before McPake scored a late winner from a corner. Think it was 0-0 @ HT.

• Members

GOOD SHOUT..Scored the best and longest diving header i have ever seen v Airdire...think he went home for personal reasons..a parent ill i think..

Then there was the other story doing the rounds about him and the Livvy Spanish Centre Half that was his 'best friend' at the time.