Saturday V Airdrie

p12tfc

Some tough decisions to be made for this one especially with it being on plastic.

Do we risk welsh coming in for the suspended forbes?

Is O'Donnell fit enough to start so we can resort back to our best defense?

Has craigs loan finished?

Is fox back in goals?

Who starts up front?

I think itll be fox odonnell muirhead balatoni sinclair paton bannigan welsh erskine lawless mcguigan ( if fit )

I reckon doolan is away so wont get any game time unless we have noone else

Thoughts?

Edited by p12tfc

Some tough decisions to be made for this one especially with it being on plastic.

Is O'Donnell fit enough to start so we can resort back to our best defense?

Has craigs loan finished?

Is fox back in goals?

Who starts up front?

I think itll be fox odonnell muirhead balatoni sinclair paton bannigan welsh erskine lawless mcguigan ( if fit )

I reckon doolan is away so wont get any game time unless we have noone else

Thoughts?

Sean seems confident that his injury woes are over

http://ptfc.co.uk/news/2012-2013/december_2012/sean_welsh_-_great_to_be_back

Personally I would have Fox, O'Donnell and Welsh all back on Saturday

I think this Saturday against an absolutely dire Airdrie team is as good a time as any to give Fox, SOD and Welsh a starting berth, with the latter two being given maybe 70 minutes so as not to wear them out. I'd also start McGuigan to give him a chance to see what he can really do, he definitely looks like a goal would do him wonders, not many easier places for him to try and get one outside Airdrie or Dumbarton. Welsh can't really do much worse than Murray who I think has been absolutely dire this season. It would be too harsh to drop Archie after how good he was yesterday and Balatoni hasn't done much wrong all season.

My starting X1 would be Fox, O'Donnell, Muirhead, Archibald, Balatoni, Bannigan, Paton, Welsh, Lawless, Erskine, McGuigan/Craig

• Like 1

To be fair to SOD, he's been asked to come on & play in a position he's not used to. He's been more used to bombing on from right back with ball at his feet rather than playing ahead & having to make the runs. He'll be a bit rusty sure but I don't think he's missed too much training.

Welsh a bit different but I would start him, hope to get an hour or 70 mins out him to build up his fitness.

Don't want to ake too many changes to yesterday's team bearing in mind we should've been clear by HT.

SOD in at right back, Muirhead back to CH for Balatoni I think. Welsh for Forbes.

I'm most concerned about the form of Erskine and Lawless. Fox, if fully fit, should start. I'd play Muirhead (in front of a back 4 of SOD, Balatoni, Archie and Sinclair) with Paton, Welsh and Bannigan before bringing back Murray. Up front, I'd start McGuigan and Doolan.

Confident of a comfortable victory on Saturday. Supposedly Accies were unlucky to just score three on Saturday. Something like 28 shots on goal to 10 from Airdrie United. They seem to be looking forward to playing the Sevconians next season. Remember they are another team that were not expecting promotion this season.

Fox

O'Donnell (if fit), Muirhead, Balatoni, Sinclair

Bannigan, Paton, Murray,

Lawless, Craig, Erskine,

Murray can shore up the midfield. Do not understand why he is now the target of the bully boo boys. If we have a comfortable lead then Welsh to come on but he really did not look fit. Doolan should get a run out as well at some stage.

i would leave the team the the same unless fox and O'donnell can make it. If stevie is then I would drop Archie, he was good against Morton but is his legs up to it on a quick surface 3 days after a frantic game.

Think we need big performances from Both Erskine and Lawless, Both have went off the boil in recent weeks.

Too soon for Welsh to start and thought Forbes was excellent in first 45 mins against Morton.

Who is our youngster that plays right back? May be worth introducing him into the team. An important game but one we should win. I think it's vital to start bleeding young players in. RB is one of the less risky spots. I know the argument that if he has a bad game it can ruin his confidence and has long term implications. I guess it depends on who it is and what standards they have. But unfortunately we have lost 3 of last 5 games. It's vital to get muirhead/balatoni partnership back. Always said your best team isn't the best 11 players but a formation that can function as a unit.

same backline with a midfield 4 of erskine paton bannigan lawless, doolan and craig upfront. I think JM will bring in Murray for Forbes though. I think we should be looking to play 2 strikers and get a few goals, the way its looking so far this season GD could win us the league, looking forward to it.4-1 Jags lawless erskine muirhead doolan. 1-1 draw with morton and dunfermline.

O'Donnell's needless introduction on Wednesday looks all the more bizarre now that he's going to require another scan. Why the hell did we risk him, in an unfamiliar position, when he evidently wasn't fit and we had Doolan on the bench!? Remain very annoyed by the substitutions and even more so now that it looks like Welsh isn't in any way guaranteed to be back either according to the preview.

• Like 1

O'Donnell's needless introduction on Wednesday looks all the more bizarre now that he's going to require another scan. Why the hell did we risk him, in an unfamiliar position, when he evidently wasn't fit and we had Doolan on the bench!? Remain very annoyed by the substitutions and even more so now that it looks like Welsh isn't in any way guaranteed to be back either according to the preview.

agree 100%

doolan should have come on against morton

if doolan isnt playing tomorrow then something stinks and it aint the nolly

Rowson doesn't seem to be getting a mention. OK I know that when we have Welsh, O'Donnell and Forbes all available (and fully fit) again the best he can hope for is a place on the bench but when we're really struggling for players - and with Airdrie being a plastic pitch he'll maybe want to rest Archie and not give Welsh too much game time - why not bring him in?

He may be past his best but will still give 100% effort. Not only that I reckon you could play him at right back if need be as well as in midfield. I'm also all for bringing Doolan in as either a second striker with Craig or as a wide player with Erskine given a more central role.

................................Fox

Muirhead.....Balatoni.....Archibald.....Sinclair

...................Paton.....Bannigan

........Lawless.....Doolan.....Erskine

...........................Craig

Subs:

Smith

Rowson

Murray

Welsh

Black

With O'Donnell out Archie needs to play even though I'm sure we'd rather not play him on a plastic pitch & after playing 90mins on Wed.

• Like 1