Just In

GrantB

Get of the guys back. Why can't we just draw a game? Why do peope always need to blame a player?

It's the same mentality which saw the referee being singled out in the Morton match -- someone always has to be blamed, and Welsh is the scapegoat today because he got sent off. Sure, in both cases the blamed factor played a part, but the fact of the matter is that we're not quite good enough at the back and wasteful at the front, and that's been the case for a few matches now.

Also, to pour petrol on the Forbes debate, I'd like to say I'm a fan. People moan about him not getting into tackles and not tracking back, but that's not his job. Paton and Bannigan are the engines in the team, whereas Forbes is the creative force. I can't comment on his performance today since I wasn't there, but he was sorely missed at Airdrie.

edit: it helps to make sense

Edited by Lin1876
  • Like 1

It's the same mentality which saw the referee being singled out in the Morton match -- someone always has to be blamed, and Welsh is the scapegoat today because he got sent off. Sure, in both cases the blamed factor played a part, but the fact of the matter is that we're not quite good enough at the back and wasteful at the front, and that's been the case for a few matches now.

Also, to pour petrol on the Forbes debate, I'd like to say I'm a fan. People moan about him not getting into tackles and not tracking back, but that's not his job. Paton and Bannigan are the engines in the team, whereas Forbes is the creative force. I can't comment on his performance today since I wasn't there, but he was sorely missed at Airdrie.

edit: it helps to make sense

If we want to win the league we can't afford to have a player like that. We are all in it together as the prime minister ( wrongly says). We need everyone to dig in for certain matches so therefore are u saying he shpuld just play some games and avoid others?or should he up his game and get stuck in against" lesser "teams?

Guest fredthecheesecloth

How did welsh cost is three points?

What about Paton messing up for first goal or Craig missing a sitter. Hardly welsh's fault

Win as a team,lose as a team!

Come off it.

Read the guys tweets. He knows he cost us the game.

Guest fredthecheesecloth

We can't afford to have a player like Forbes in the team! Eh!!

Can't read his tweets,don't do twitter!

Ross Forbes is a good player. He was fine today, if a little slow.

If we want to win the league we can't afford to have a player like that. We are all in it together as the prime minister ( wrongly says). We need everyone to dig in for certain matches so therefore are u saying he shpuld just play some games and avoid others?or should he up his game and get stuck in against" lesser "teams?

I would argue that if we want to win the league we can't afford NOT to have a player like Forbes. He's an important link in the team, as he gives Paton and the defence a logical target to aim at, and he can then pass it on to an attacking player like Craig, O'Donnell or Erskine. It's an approach which doesn't always work, but that flair he has can be lethal.

His set-pieces are pretty handy too.

IMHO not rubbish, forbes lacks any tackle and wants way to much time on the ball which ment him getting caught in possesion, in a game where we were losing the midfield i would rather have welsh than forbes and we at times lost the midfield today.

oh and crashing one off the post and completeing 90 mins after a long lay off isnt bad. and just to clear it up i would have taken both off.

So you want a guy off first who was one of our best creative players as opposed to someone who did SFA and was completely anonymous in midfield?

In case it escaped your attention, Welsh got sent off in 89 mins so didn't complete the 90. As well as costing us 2 points we now have yet another player suspended next week.

He clearly wasn't match fit so how on earth would keeping him on ahead of Forbes have any benefit in winning a midfield battle?

A main strength of the team is that it is relatively youthful-but that's also it's weakness. All the squad have a role to play and Forbes is good at certain things but not at others. Both today and in the morton game in the second halves we have not been winning the midfield battle and have been allowing the game to become to stretched and not keeping it tight. We Are not going to dominate teams for 90 mins and need to have a plan B when in parts of game things ain't going our way. I don,t understand why when your up with 10 mins to go jacke doesn't, put Murray on to bring in a bit of experience and get more players behind the ball. After going down to 10 men against morton exactly the same should have been done- playing for a point that day should have been the main aim after going down to 10 men. Think we,ll need a bit more experience to get over the line this year- and thought that was why Murray was brought in.

I just can't believe some people's ideas on here and I stress u are more than entitled to them,but Forbes is prob most gifted player since charnley or Ian Cameron or even Quinton. If we want to win the league,he has to play all the time for me.paton or bannigan or Murray or even rowson and welsh to an extent when fully fit can do the donkey work.

In regard to this and your other post, I would rather have a 65 minute player than one who for whatever reason did nothing for most of the 89mins he was on the pitch.

I actually like Welsh and have know he's not a bad player to have but between this week and last I can't think of what he actually contributed to the cause. It's not like he gets stuck in any more than Forbes, but apparently he put in a decent shift today???!!!

I just don't get this vitriol towards Forbes. He's there to create and provide service from midfield, which he has done well in many games this season.

Lets just get a team of hammer throwers and kick the opposition off the park. As long as they get 'stuck in' it'll be fine.

• Like 1

Ok maybe I put that wrongly in text. i think forbes is our best most skilful player with good corner kicks and set pieces and a great asset so far, I'm not disputing that.. However today he was sh*t and was lazy and looked as though he couldn't be arsed.he sh*t out of most challenges and the game type clearly didn't suit him. My opinion that's all.

A main strength of the team is that it is relatively youthful-but that's also it's weakness. All the squad have a role to play and Forbes is good at certain things but not at others. Both today and in the morton game in the second halves we have not been winning the midfield battle and have been allowing the game to become to stretched and not keeping it tight. We Are not going to dominate teams for 90 mins and need to have a plan B when in parts of game things ain't going our way. I don,t understand why when your up with 10 mins to go jacke doesn't, put Murray on to bring in a bit of experience and get more players behind the ball. After going down to 10 men against morton exactly the same should have been done- playing for a point that day should have been the main aim after going down to 10 men. Think we,ll need a bit more experience to get over the line this year- and thought that was why Murray was brought in.

Totally agree- amazed Jackie never took Welsh off for Murray and moved Paton slightly further forward.

In regard to this and your other post, I would rather have a 65 minute player than one who for whatever reason did nothing for most of the 89mins he was on the pitch.

I actually like Welsh and have know he's not a bad player to have but between this week and last I can't think of what he actually contributed to the cause. It's not like he gets stuck in any more than Forbes, but apparently he put in a decent shift today???!!!

I just don't get this vitriol towards Forbes. He's there to create and provide service from midfield, which he has done well in many games this season.

Lets just get a team of hammer throwers and kick the opposition off the park. As long as they get 'stuck in' it'll be fine.

I didn't say welsh put in a decent shift, he was rubbish today.

The first bit of that is incredible. Can you really guarantee that they were off to score in that move? We were pretty well covered with 3 of our men marking 2 of them, and had players running back. Welsh was also running back and instead of making a ridiculous tackle could have tracked his man.

I will not get off his back, he made a mess.

You will note that I have not commented on the result today, just that Welsh cost us victory as the game stood at that point.

On the balance of play, against a decent enough team, a point was fair. This doesn't mean that Sean Welsh hasnt disgraced himself.

I can't guarantee anything. I can only call it as I see it. Can you guarantee that we would have got the 3 points if Welsh hadn't been sent off?

Have your opinion but to suggest a player has disgraced himself and should be suffer a fine as result is just ridiculous.

I don't remember you on here calling for Craig to be fined and calling him a disgrace when he got the red card in the Cove game? Or was that ok because we won?

Get off your high horse. The guy made a mistake, took to twitter and said sorry. What more do you want?

Welsh didn't cost us a victory.

Ok maybe I put that wrongly in text. i think forbes is our best most skilful player with good corner kicks and set pieces and a great asset so far, I'm not disputing that.. However today he was sh*t and was lazy and looked as though he couldn't be arsed.he sh*t out of most challenges and the game type clearly didn't suit him. My opinion that's all.

You can say that about most creative players - they aren't renowned for tackling. After his pathetic two yellows against Morton I don't blame him for not getting stuck in.

Welsh didn't cost us a victory.

No, but he didn't do much to help help his team earn the point either when the backs were against the wall.

There are mitigating circumstances; he isn't fit. But his two cards were ridiculous (especially for bloody dissent) and did nothing for the cause.

Edited by 1876Jag

No, but he didn't do much to help help his team earn the point either when the backs were against the wall.

There are mitigating circumstances; he isn't fit. But his two cards were ridiculous (especially for bloody dissent) and did nothing for the cause.

Why do you feel the need to pin point one player and lay all the blame at their feet? What other players didn't help today?

Just,just in had a fleeting glance through this thread some of the drivel on here is appalling,Sean welsh made a tackle/ foul which was for the team he got a second yellow sometimes these things happen,if we look at his first then Archie/ jackie should shoulder the blame as it was so obviously not a free kick let alone a booking that led to it ,we obviously don't have a policy on complaining during matchtime

As far as some comments re Forbes totally unwarranted he is a class above ok some times he appears to be lazy but his skill factor over the piece more than makes up for it.

let's not forget that this team we have now are the best we've had for decades.support them don't slag them

For all the talk about poor substitutions Erskine set up a chance that should have been taken by Forbes or Craig. Also with Lawless his first touch was taking a corner that almost resulted in a goal. If either of these chances had been converted I feel half of these posts wouldn't have been made and we would have been celebrating being back top of the pile. Football can be a fickle game. I also think we need to give Livi credit for their play. Really kept us on the backfoot for a lot of the second half.

Onwards and upwards. The Braidwood Motor stadium ain't an easy place to go. Ask Falkirk, Morton or Dunfermline. 4/6 points here is not a bad return. Just disappointing we didn't hang on from a winning position.

Get the knickers in the wash and give the hand wringing a rest until next week folks :P

So in reading the last few posts in the thread. Forbes is a class above so it's ok for him to do nothing for most of the game!

Fair enough if that's how you see it.

Remind me where Forbes was playing at start of this season?

Guy has plenty of talent & ability. I just don't think he displays it often enough.

Watch him next week when he goes to close a player down. Runs within a few yards of him then turns sideways.

If the ball not at his feet, he doesn't want to know or work to get it back.

I think some people are taking liberties by saying he doesn't meet to get stuck in as he's not renowned for tackles & got two yellows to get sent off vs Morton.

Give me a break.

Mind you, that probably explains why it was Dumbarton he was playing with at start of season.

The boy is skilful, has a good left foot & can pick a pass BUT he needs to work harder for the team. He's probably got more ability than a lot of Premier League midfielders but there's a reason why he's not playing there now.