Player Sponsorship?

Wiltshire Jag

I'd really like to, and would put some cash towards it. With no non-Scottish players (currently) signed, there are no obvious candidates for sponsorship, however Bryn Halliwell is English isn't he? When he signs I suggest we sponsor his shirt.

Two years ago we sponsored three players shirts, raising over £1000 (I think), and the club gave us extra shirts for the raffle as a thank you. Last year we only managed one. It would be great to match two years ago, but even just to improve on last year, getting a shirt and maybe boot sponsorship would be good.

Just to remind you the prices are here.

Something about this will be going in the newsletter/e-mail, which I hope to be getting out tonight.

Got your mail NZ Jag. Other people may need to check their junk mail settings as it went straight to mine but of course is now going to get safely delivered into my inbox. Well up for putting some money into this.

Guys, I'll be sending out some details on how to put your money into the sponsorship pot, via Paypal, over the weekend (I hope!). We might have an issue with people who don't have a Paypal account. I know that in the past people in the UK could send cheques, but due to my geographical location that isn't really gonna fly this time. I'm sure we can work round it somehow though.

I'd hope we could get a boot and shirt sponsorship for one player at least.

I e-mailed the club earlier in the week to see what the state of play was, in terms of which players were still available, in case that's changed from what's on the Official Site. So far they haven't replied! <_<

p.s. Would also be great to get your feelings on which player(s) we should sponsor. I think that Twinny's idea about Halliwell is a good one. (Assuming we actually get round to re-signing him)

Edited by NZ Jag

Guys, I'll be sending out some details on how to put your money into the sponsorship pot, via Paypal, over the weekend (I hope!). We might have an issue with people who don't have a Paypal account. I know that in the past people in the UK could send cheques, but due to my geographical location that isn't really gonna fly this time. I'm sure we can work round it somehow though.

p.s. Would also be great to get your feelings on which player(s) we should sponsor. I think that Twinny's idea about Halliwell is a good one. (Assuming we actually get round to re-signing him)

On the Paypal front - it's all a matter of trust, but I'm happy to act as an intermediary if folks want to send me cheques which I'll put into my own bank account, but then top up my paypal account from that with the same amount and from there into the sponsorship pot.

Agree it should be Halliwell.

Jim.

Sending out an e-mail tonight about payment details, guys. Shuggie has kindly volunteered his Paypal account for donations to be paid into.

Thanks for the offer on the cheques, Jim. Much appreciated. No offence but I think, to cut out the middle man, a better plan is that cheques should be sent directly to Ami at the Club, clearly stating that it's a donation for Nomads sponsorship and is to be added to the larger Nomads payment*.

Also think, if he's still available and there are no objections, that Halliwell is who'll be aiming for as a 1st choice.

Anyway, check your Inboxes over the next 24 hours .

Cheers

Tam

* I'd love to take the credit, but this was Ailsa's idea :)

Edited by NZ Jag

Thanks for the offer on the cheques, Jim. Much appreciated. No offence but I think, to cut out the middle man, a better plan is that cheques should be sent directly to Ami at the Club, clearly stating that it's a donation for Nomads sponsorship and is to be added to the larger Nomads payment*.

Absolutely none taken - that's a far better option.

J

Should anyone choose to send money directly to the Club, would they please send me a PM so I can (check :D ) and track all donations and manage the inevitable raffle of the Nomad shirt to all those who contributed?

PS 6 Nomads in already and £115 in the kitty

PPS Do not miss the boat - each fiver gets you one raffle ticket!

:D £325 :D from 16 Nomads.No it was actually £335

Let us make this Base Camp 1 and keep climbing.

The more we raise the better for all concerned. It'd be great to have another BIG raffle like Year One of our sponsorship when I had 3 signed shirts and another 8 passed back to me from the Club.

Tam - Maybe a wee Nomad Newsletter to let the gang know we are on our way and not to miss the boat?

Cheers.

Edited by Shuggie

OK Nomads,

I have been on the phone to the Club and we have secured our first shirt Bryn Halliwell. I'll send them a cheque this weekend when I get home. (Their Paypal is not set up correctly it seesms).

I have been "bold enough" to pencil in our next shirt target - Chris Erskine's Away shirt (appropriate for us Nomads)

To secure this top we'll need to get a second push on, so don't delay, get your piggy bank out the wardrobe and break out some cash for the cause!

PS Tam will shortly receive e-mails from the Club (as they did not recall receiving any from him todate other than the request to hold Bryn's shirt)