Heres One Who's Refused Celtic To Join The Jags

Third Lanark

Apologies if this has been posted before but a great wee story here about young lad desperate to join the Jags no matter who else comes a knocking:

http://www.clydebank...artick-thistle/

All the best Harry with the Jags :thumbsup2:

Harry is a very good player, big, strong, quick but can play too and a good lad also.

My boy also plays with the Under 13's and they have the makings of a really good side with alot of talented individuals in the squad.

GREAT WEE STORY, AM ONLY SORRY JACKIE MAC DIDN'T HAVE THE SAME LOVE FOR THIS GREAT INSTITUTION CALLED PARTICK THISTLE, HE HAS ADMITTED BY THE WAY THAT HIS MOVE "MIGHT" BE A MISTAKE , AND THEN GOES ON TO STATE THE OBVIOUS , " BUT ITS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY " !! THANK GOODNESS WE HAVE YOUNGSTERS LIKE YOUNG HARRY WHO FOLLOW THEIR HEARTS RATHER THAN SELF GREED, GOOD ON YOU SON AND ALL THE OTHER LADS IN THE DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME

Actually Harry, I don't think it says he has any great love for Partick Thistle. Maybe it was the youth set up which is maybe better than Celtic or he feels he has a better chance to make it here

I know he had other options but like my son when he got in and trained, met the coaches who are very good, and also all the other boys, it probably felt right to join Thistle.

This is how my son felt and he knew right away he wanted to develop his football further here.

It's not the big name team that matters but the whole package and the boys need to enjoy the football too.

I agree what you say that it was not for the love of Thistle he signed and that will go for nearly all of the boys but you can't say that won't happen in the future. ;)

I just hope whoever becomes the new manager sees Youth Development as a very important element of the club and gives the resources to the great coaches already at the club to bring these boys through.

Edited by billko

I know he had other options but like my son when he got in and trained, met the coaches who are very good, and also all the other boys, it probably felt right to join Thistle.

This is how my son felt and he knew right away he wanted to develop his football further here.

It's not the big name team that matters but the whole package and the boys need to enjoy the football too.

I agree what you say that it was not for the love of Thistle he signed and that will go for nearly all of the boys but you can't say that won't happen in the future. ;)

I just hope whoever becomes the new manager sees Youth Development as a very important element of the club and gives the resources to the great coaches already at the club to bring these boys through.

I would expect - and the board have said this is their policy, haven't they - that the club sees youth development as the way forward for us and will look for any new manager to be committed to this.

I would expect - and the board have said this is their policy, haven't they - that the club sees youth development as the way forward for us and will look for any new manager to be committed to this.

Thistle are in the Youth Initiative development section but teams like Falkirk, Ayr, Stenhousemuir and Queens Park are in the Pro Youth which is a level up and gets more funding.(None of these clubs are as big as Thistle but they have good training facilities which is what counts)

These teams all train at least 3 times per week where as our lads only train twice per week.

Getting the facilities is important and if they can secure a good facility and can get the boys more training then they will develop better.

Easier said than done but hopefully it happens in the future.

Edited by billko

• 4 weeks later...