Eddie Prentice

northernsoul

For those who are not on the harrywraggs.co.uk there is a thread on the way a potential season ticket holder was treated by Mr. Prentice. This is what he posted:

"I signed upto pay for my season ticket in 3 installments. First payment taken fine but nothing since. I receive an email from a club volunteers personal email advising me there had been an issue with paypal and would I be able to contact them to arrange payment.

Phoned the club and tried to arrange paying the outstanding balance in two installments as per our original agreement. Guy says he'll have to check with the chief exec if this is ok. Chief exec then comes on the phone enquiring why I can't just pay the full balance now. I explain that I had agreed to pay in 3 installments so that is how I wished to proceed. I put it to him that I would pay £80 now and £80 after 23/07 when I had been paid again. He said I could do this but I would not have my ticket in time for the Bristol friendly. I suggested I be provided with a comp for this game. Chief exec flatly refuses. The club are no longer offering comps. He again asks why I can't just pay the full balance off. I point out to him that they have broken the agreement and that through no fault of mine I am being forced to pay for my ticket in exactly the manner I wished to avoid. He then pushes the point that the final payment was due 15/07 so in effect I am paying late. The 3 installments being reiterated to him doesn't seem to make any difference or make him realise where the fault lies. I again offer to pay half now and half after 23/07. Chief exec again flatly refuses any attempts at bargaining. I end the call.

With a dwindling hardcore fanbase I expect better in terms of accommodating me. I am not a floating/fairweather fan. I will back this club of ours until the day I die but it is little wonder we cannot attract more fans or fresh investment with these ******* muppets in charge. They will be the death of us."

After that another member posted this:

"Was talking to a fan who emailed Prentice to say the fact the club was so skint would it no be a nice gesture by eddie if he refunded his £25,000 fee from last year to the cash strapped club.

eddies response that he was extremely insulted by this, as the fee eddie got was only a fraction of what he would have got working for another company and he was willing to accept this small fee because he was a partick thistle fan.

well eddie if you were a partick thistle fan why didnt you do the work for free as plenty of others at the club have done?

why didnt you let the jags trust run the centenary fund for free

what exactly did you do to deserve your £25,000?

prentice, sums up all that is wrong with the club"

You could probably count nearly a dozen folk on theharrywraggs who have decided not to renew there season ticket now. People are emailing the club to complain. Not only have the BoD drove away hardcore fans there now doing the same with season ticket holders.

Edited by northernsoul

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly not a surprise to read this.

I think they will only be happy when it just the Bod left watching the team at Firhill.

I really feel for Jim Alexander with all the good work he has put in with regard to matchday experience being undermined from above.

I think they will only be happy when it just the Bod left watching the team at Firhill.

I really feel for Jim Alexander with all the good work he has put in with regard to matchday experience being undermined from above.

Jim is a great guy, a true gent.

I have sent an email to [email protected] registering my disgust.

I would urge as many people to do the same, I have actually been told by a couple of other posters that he does read the emails.

I added in a comment that he stated all money raised from 'The Centenary Fund' would go direct to the Manager to sign players, the fact we cant even sign a goalkeeper tells me differently.

"Was talking to a fan who emailed Prentice to say the fact the club was so skint would it no be a nice gesture by eddie if he refunded his £25,000 fee from last year to the cash strapped club.

eddies response that he was extremely insulted by this, as the fee eddie got was only a fraction of what he would have got working for another company and he was willing to accept this small fee because he was a partick thistle fan.

So he can get much more than that for doing very little and ballsing things up? I wish I had his contacts.

I emailed Eddie Prentice last week because I was going on holiday and needed someone to look after my cat and water my cacti.

Despite getting paid twenty five grand a year by the club, he flatly refused to come to my house and feed my cats, something I know Molly Stallan used to do for Thistle fans on a regular basis.

Because of his high-handed attitude me and seven of my pals are not renewing our season tickets.

• Members

I've a little bit of sympathy for the Club over the first matter. However, it could have been handled way better.

With regard to Eddie getting £25k plus for his Exec job at Firhill, I think we should be looking at who sanctioned this everu bit as much as criticising the guy for taking it. For £25k we could have got another good player last season or/and offered Harkins enough to stay on. Some of these guys do more harm than good.

I've a little bit of sympathy for the Club over the first matter. However, it could have been handled way better.

With regard to Eddie getting £25k plus for his Exec job at Firhill, I think we should be looking at who sanctioned this everu bit as much as criticising the guy for taking it. For £25k we could have got another good player last season or/and offered Harkins enough to stay on. Some of these guys do more harm than good.

My thoughts entirely.

I'd like to add my tuppence worth about being badly treated by the Club but can't. I've always dealt with staff (voluntary or paid employees) and can't remember being anything but impressed. Folk like Antonia, the young lad who's currently away round the world or something, Jim Wilson folk like that, never had a single problem. It's only when those so called professionals entrusted with running our Club stick their oar in, like selling cup tickets etc, things go awry.

This sums up everything that is wrong with our club, it is a customer based business which doesnt know how to deal with customers and its losing customers hand over fist season after season and will continue till these guys leave, fresh blood is needed from where god knows but anyone would be better than the non inclusive gentlemans club that we have running the place. They are bleeding this club dry whilst now lining there own pockets with propco, now ask yourselfs how much easier would it to develop the land if there was no football club there and how much more profit would be made for the independent "thistle minded" development company. As for the 25k the trust would have done it for free so being thistle minded he should have done the same or put the wage back in to the youth policy etc

• Members

To be fair to Eddie Prentice.... he did invest £100k in the Club to save us from going under at the time of STJ. He might be some things, but ****?

Edited as I see admin have removed a comment.

Edited by Willjag

I emailed Eddie Prentice last week because I was going on holiday and needed someone to look after my cat and water my cacti.

Despite getting paid twenty five grand a year by the club, he flatly refused to come to my house and feed my cats, something I know Molly Stallan used to do for Thistle fans on a regular basis.

Because of his high-handed attitude me and seven of my pals are not renewing our season tickets.

So you think it's OK for someone to be taking 25,000 a year out of our club when it's struggling? It's not as if he even seems to be doing that much for the club either.

Edited by Mr Bunny

To be fair to Eddie Prentice.... he did invest £100k in the Club to save us from going under at the time of STJ. He might be some things, but ****?

Edited as I see admin have removed a comment.

Quite a few on the board (current and previous) did help the club in different ways back at STJ. But that was a good while back and since then they seem much less concerned about the club than about themselves. Fair or not this is the impression they give.

Perhaps it's just incompetence and not design but their attitude is smug and that definiteley doesn't help. Also they never play it straight with the fans - just look at the most recent comments from them about the club challenging this season.

Their record of the last 10 years has been pretty abysmal and that has been down only to a very small extent to bad luck.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Hear hear. And I know there's a stack more JA does besides that and genuinely wants to keep it private. If only we had just a few more like him.

• Members

Quite a few on the board (current and previous) did help the club in different ways back at STJ. But that was a good while back and since then they seem much less concerned about the club than about themselves. Fair or not this is the impression they give.

Perhaps it's just incompetence and not design but their attitude is smug and that definiteley doesn't help. Also they never play it straight with the fans - just look at the most recent comments from them about the club challenging this season.

Their record of the last 10 years has been pretty abysmal and that has been down only to a very small extent to bad luck.

My post was in relation to a comment made and since deleted, by moderating staff I presume. The fact that the post has now gone makes my post look out of context. You're not saying anything different from what I have over the past few years and I still think it holds true to this day unfortunately.

I am sure, I am not alone in expressing my surprise that anyone on the board actually take's a wage from Partick Thistle !

I always thought the people at the helm were meant to be Thistle minded people !

I was also of the opinion that most members of the board ( not all ) had there own company and invested because they were priveliged to be in such a good financial position. At the same time I was not of the opinion that they were rolling in it so much that they could be a salvation !

Am I alone in being so niave ?

I renewed my season ticket last weekend with Eddie Prentice in attendance and if only I knew that his time was costing the club so richly.. I would have definately felt very different about renewing my ticket.