Irn Bru Youth Competition

Fawlty Towers

:thumbsup2:

It's just that I noticed a Brass Monkey in Edinburgh the other week, and it got me wondering.

Yeah, we only noticed it about a month after we opened! We got our inspiration from a bar in New York. We did have about 2000 other names, but we couldn't agree on any. 'Cuckoo' was the original favourite for the name...

Suppose there's lots of pubs with the same name - Red Lion, Park Bar etc, so we've never really bothered.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a big black bag full of empty Irn Bru cans ready to go.

It's a great idea and incentive for raising funds for the youths.

My son is in the youth set up and any type of extra funding going to go to the youth set up has got to be a good thing (especially when it's as easy to do as this is)

Edited by billko
  • Like 1

Got a big black bag full of empty Irn Bru cans ready to go.

It's a great idea and incentive for raising funds for the youths.

My son is in the youth set up and any type of extra funding going to go to the youth set up has got to be a good thing (especially when it's as easy to do as this is)

Ha ha, I thought that was a song, but I couldn't figure out the melody in the third line!

• Like 1

Please feel free to add some other form of beverage to your irn-bru this evening (and tomorrow) just as long as your empty cans make their way to Firhill to help in our quest to win the £10,000 for youth development. It would be nice if one of our final acts in the SFL was to receive the cheque for winning this competition.

Thanks for your support!

May the 4th be with you B)

Bit poor, competition being running a month, and every team is pending.

ETA ..... 7 weeks actually, and 3 weeks to go, and not an update.

It is a bit disappointing but all we can do is to continue to bring our cans along to Firhill on the remaining 2 home games, the Firhill Cup and during the week if possible. I know that the club are putting more effort towards this than last season and hopefully that will pay off when the final totals are released

It was very good last evening to see so many large bags of cans around Firhill (in the office, JHS entrance, etc) but until a table is published we cannot assume that we are doing any better than other clubs so lets keep pushing on with this and make sure we get as many cans as possible along to the next home game on the 27th.

Thanks for your support!

The first update has been posted:

http://www.irn-bru.co.uk/tfyt/

Although our total is not included it looks as if Cowdenbeath are the favourites at the moment. Now without wishing to be disrespectful to the Blue Brazil are we going to let them beat us? The players did their bit against them 5 times this season so let's, as fans, do our bit and beat them in this competition!

We have until the 4th of May to get as many irn-bru (or any Barrs cans) along to Firhill so that includes our final home game when we should have a large turnout of Thistle fans and the Firhill Cup (I am sure the athletes on display that day might have a can or two to get them through the day).

Lets do all we can (see what I did there) to make sure Thistle win that £10,000! Thanks for your support!

The first update has been posted:

http://www.irn-bru.co.uk/tfyt/

Although our total is not included it looks as if Cowdenbeath are the favourites at the moment. Now without wishing to be disrespectful to the Blue Brazil are we going to let them beat us? The players did their bit against them 5 times this season so let's, as fans, do our bit and beat them in this competition!

We have until the 4th of May to get as many irn-bru (or any Barrs cans) along to Firhill so that includes our final home game when we should have a large turnout of Thistle fans and the Firhill Cup (I am sure the athletes on display that day might have a can or two to get them through the day).

Lets do all we can (see what I did there) to make sure Thistle win that £10,000! Thanks for your support!

With the expanding youth academy happening just now the money we get for the cans couldn't come at a better or more important time and would help alot as 3 new age groups are being set up for season 2013/14 due to the Jags youth teams playing in the Performance Tier.

http://ptfc.co.uk/ne...oaches_required

Another good reason to get those cans in.

Edited by billko

its not so much a fix,

but some teams do get a head start

the reason for taking so long is simple some clubs have more to count than others,

falkirk hold back to near the end and will have about 100,000 cans to count .

they have such a large youth system and are well organised at collecting cans.