Accies V Morton

briogadh

"The Man" is awfully quiet tonight.

You're not singing any more......................etc.

Pleasing!

I'm sure I saw 'Harry Wragg' signed in.

Hopefully we'll safely negotiate Saturday - looks like the season could hinge on the three consecutive away games after that.

Edited by Charlie Endell

Fu&kin great result for us, real chance now - in a way this is where archie and big oasis could be the best guys, they know the score in run-ins.

Hope Morton are shite-ing it.

Will never have confidence though - saw the 5-1 game and genuinely thought we would be 20 ponts clear, cos thats how good we are - then we took about 4 points from 15 or something daft.

Moan the jags.

I'm sure I saw 'Harry Wragg' signed in.

Hopefully we'll safely negotiate Saturday - looks like the season could hinge on the three consecutive away games after that.

Let's study this scientifically:

Cowden - We were playing shit last week and the fog stepped in to save the day. Archie got 70 mins to see what they were about and can change his plans accordingly. 3 points.

Accies - We're due a win there. 3 points.

So, all we have to do is win at Kirkcaldy and it's in the bag.

Hamilton result, coupled with Falkirk getting a confidence boosting last minute goal, should set up a good game at Cappielow on Saturday. If the boys manage to see off Dumbarton, anything other than a Morton win on Saturday will see us return to the top. Pleasing.

• Like 1

Let's study this scientifically:

Cowden - We were playing shit last week and the fog stepped in to save the day. Archie got 70 mins to see what they were about and can change his plans accordingly. 3 points.

Accies - We're due a win there. 3 points.

So, all we have to do is win at Kirkcaldy and it's in the bag.

Archie got 45mins to see what they were about. After that it was anybody's guess.

Looking forward to the double winning week in April now!

"The Man" is awfully quiet tonight.

You're not singing any more......................etc.

Pleasing!

Yes my luvvie friend, correct, i am quiet.

Very sore one tonight made worse by Dyers injury, a suspected broken leg, gutted for the boy, he's been solid for us this season. I had a very bad feeling about this game tonight, missing our two first choice defenders and our in form striker it was always going to be a struggle.

So, advantage to yourselves now.

There will be more be more dropped points between now and the season end by both of us though , thats the unpredictability of this league.

Mon e Ton :innocent2:

Edited by the man

Very sore one tonight made worse by Dyers injury, a suspected broken leg, gutted for the boy, he's been solid for us this season. I had a very bad feeling about this game tonight, missing our two first choice defenders and our in form striker it was always going to be a struggle.

There will be more be more dropped points between now and the season end by both of us though , thats the unpredictability of this league.

Very humble post. I see from other forums that a lot of cockiness has disappeared. Even your manager must be regretting some of the pish he has been spouting in recent weeks.

Hopefully we can take full advantage or tonights result will mean nothing.

Be interesting to see how Morton play against Falkirk - a team who play in same mode as Hamilton.

• Like 2

Just in...

What a game that was! Well, I say that, what I mean is, what a shite game that was.

Hamilton really are a poor team, and whilst you can slag off their support, you need to take your hats off to the folk that do, cause its not pretty!

Give them their due, they didn't park the bus, at times playing 4 across morton's defence. It's just they seem to believe that every pass needs to go to May. Which does not really work when it's the 2 centre halves doing the passing and May is having a howler. Don't get me wrong, he makes life difficult for defenders at high balls, but with the ball at his feet he's one dimensional... Head down, beat a man, shoot...

Neill was not in the game in the middle of the park, hardly put in a tackle and I would have expected him to b dropping deep and doing the Shug role, taking the ball and the pressure off the defenders. He didn't,

Canning at centre half dealt with every high ball that came at him. The stand out, again for me, was Ziggy Gordon, the red headed lad. Always plays well, usually at right back. Tonight he played left back and played really well, capping it with a peach of a winner, cutting in off the wing and curling a shot in the far corner.

Cuthbert was solid at cross balls, going through players to catch or punch crosses clear, bloody nightmare with back passes though.

And on to Morton! They went a goal up and thought they could cruise it, Tidser hardly got involved and bachirou couldn't trap a ball to save himself, with his passes all over the place, hardie seemed like the only player up for it.

Hamilton equalised and it caught Morton so much on the back foot they were praying for half time to come! This against a Hamilton team who had done absolutely nothing up to that point. Graham hid, and was never n out ball when Morton were attacking, I've yet to see him have a good game for Morton.

All in Morton players can't have any complaints, they had only 1 shot on target all night. The Morton fans, what of them that were there, must be looking at this "experienced" team and thinking, you shat it! Gaston was a calamity all night, dropped a cross into the net and fumbled at least 3 shots when it seemed easier to catch them.

Morton lost this because they thought they could cruise it, and they got caught cold, even with half time they still couldn't sort it and raise their game, that ultimately cost them tonight.

There's a long way to go, thistle and Morton will both drop more points, but I feel a wee bit more comfortable after that. Thankfully I don't think I've seen thistle sit back on a lead, this season.

Just in...

What a game that was! Well, I say that, what I mean is, what a shite game that was.

Hamilton really are a poor team, and whilst you can slag off their support, you need to take your hats off to the folk that do, cause its not pretty!

Give them their due, they didn't park the bus, at times playing 4 across morton's defence. It's just they seem to believe that every pass needs to go to May. Which does not really work when it's the 2 centre halves doing the passing and May is having a howler. Don't get me wrong, he makes life difficult for defenders at high balls, but with the ball at his feet he's one dimensional... Head down, beat a man, shoot...

Neill was not in the game in the middle of the park, hardly put in a tackle and I would have expected him to b dropping deep and doing the Shug role, taking the ball and the pressure off the defenders. He didn't,

Canning at centre half dealt with every high ball that came at him. The stand out, again for me, was Ziggy Gordon, the red headed lad. Always plays well, usually at right back. Tonight he played left back and played really well, capping it with a peach of a winner, cutting in off the wing and curling a shot in the far corner.

Cuthbert was solid at cross balls, going through players to catch or punch crosses clear, bloody nightmare with back passes though.

And on to Morton! They went a goal up and thought they could cruise it, Tidser hardly got involved and bachirou couldn't trap a ball to save himself, with his passes all over the place, hardie seemed like the only player up for it.

Hamilton equalised and it caught Morton so much on the back foot they were praying for half time to come! This against a Hamilton team who had done absolutely nothing up to that point. Graham hid, and was never n out ball when Morton were attacking, I've yet to see him have a good game for Morton.

All in Morton players can't have any complaints, they had only 1 shot on target all night. The Morton fans, what of them that were there, must be looking at this "experienced" team and thinking, you shat it! Gaston was a calamity all night, dropped a cross into the net and fumbled at least 3 shots when it seemed easier to catch them.

Morton lost this because they thought they could cruise it, and they got caught cold, even with half time they still couldn't sort it and raise their game, that ultimately cost them tonight.

There's a long way to go, thistle and Morton will both drop more points, but I feel a wee bit more comfortable after that. Thankfully I don't think I've seen thistle sit back on a lead, this season.

were you at Morton 2-2 game or Dunfermline on Saturday :lol:

Just give up now mate, you know you want to. Put simply we entertain, your team is solid but boring; this maybe explains why you take very few fans away from home. (No jibes about Greenock, just plain fact.) But hats off for coming on to have a wee greet. We're always here for you in that respect.

Commiserations also to Dyer, never like to hear of injuries like that one... In all seriousness, it sounds bad and I'm sure all Thistle fans would join in wishing him a full and speedy recovery.

So where do you buy cheap razor blades and valium in Greenock on a Tuesday night?

Edited by Meister Jag

If we are to be successful then I hope it is down to our own efforts and not to the failings of opponents - still a long long way to go in the league.

If our rivals have "failings" that cause them to finish the season with less points than us then that's their worry, we would finish the league because "our own efforts" made us finish the league with more points than them.

It's all relative

Yes guys I'm here tonight , and evry bit as relieved and happy about the past few games now as everyone else is , Moron are indeed on a wobbler just as we were up till a month ago and I have to admit I was dreading the worst for my beloved Jags , but I can and will eat humble pie regarding Archie and Shaggy, we need to stick by them and give them 100% support to the end of the season and beyond, you wont hear any more moans from me , C'mon the Jags !!!!