Best Doctor Who?

DPO

Who is you fave Doctor and favourite Doctor who episode?

My fave Doctor, Jon Pertwee and Tom Baker

Best episodes Most Jon Pertwee episodes and early Tom Baker episodes, was not keen on his early 80s stuff.

Doctor Who is utter gash now. They seem to have turned it into some emotional heartfelt drama. They even had the daleks literally "open up" and cry in one episode. That ain't Dr Who!

Anyway, favourite has to be Pertwee. The Three Doctors is my favourite episode as well.

Doctor Who is utter gash now. They seem to have turned it into some emotional heartfelt drama. They even had the daleks literally "open up" and cry in one episode. That ain't Dr Who!

Anyway, favourite has to be Pertwee. The Three Doctors is my favourite episode as well.

Indeed! Emotional Daleks, Pah! Give us the real (Sylvester) McCoy!:

yeah a dalek opening up and crying like its on a ******* montel show is beyond inconsistent with what a dalek is about. Im glad i took the judgement to not watch a single doctor who when i gave the very first eccleston episode a chance.

I remember that episode (the emotional Dalek one I mean). Absolute disgrace. Best Doctor - Patrick Troughton or Christopher Ecclestone or David tennant. Worst Doctor - Sylvester McCoy. Edited by crazy davie

why is everyone always so down on slyvester mcoy. he was the best by a county mile. with trouton coming a far second.

McCoy was good its a pity some of his episodes were not so good, he was getting better with each story, then they scrapped Doctor Who.

why is everyone always so down on slyvester mcoy. he was the best by a county mile. with trouton coming a far second.

Was it not about the time they were wanting to axe it, so money was low and storylines/sets were on a very small budget

• 4 weeks later...

Really gotta be the one you started with - for me Jon Pertwee. Tom Baker good Colin Baker bad. I appreciate the dislike of Sylvester McCoy but I thought he was a reasonable Doctor (an improvement on the previous two) but working at a stage where the BBC were looking to kill the program by a thousand budget cuts. Since the relaunch I'd say Christopher Ecclestone, really wish he'd done more than one series. Tennant & Smith - meh! I am 50-y-o and still to grow up, and I can't find the line-end function in this editor. :thinking:

• 2 weeks later...

yeah a dalek opening up and crying like its on a ******* montel show is beyond inconsistent with what a dalek is about. Im glad i took the judgement to not watch a single doctor who when i gave the very first eccleston episode a chance.

That idea went back to 1967. The theme showed up again in Daleks In Manhattan. The two stories have lines of dialogue in common.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Evil_of_the_Daleks

My favourite is David Tennant, but he was flanked by some really dislikeable assistants. Catherine Tate gets on my tits but even worse was that Freema Agyeman, just a completely terrible and unconvincing actress. Tennant starred in probably my favourite episode, the one with the Ood and he meets the Devil face-to-face. I love Matt Smith too, but he is let down by overly complicated scriptwriting and the show generally being too jokey and nowhere near dark enough.