Thistle - Dumbarton

The Cup

Thistle's biggest game of the season since... well last week's game.

Our good spell of luck continues with the news is that Prunty will miss the game, who has been scoring goals of late.

No Thistle news yet but I guess we will have a full squad. I assume that Paton will come back in and Welsh will drop out.

If can start well and get a goal then we will be fine.

• Like 1

I don't think anything will change from last weeks squad played well scoring good goals and as Archie said its great to give some of the players that haven't featured too much game time after all its a crucial time of the season and he needs as many options available to him as possible..............C'mon the Thistle

I never saw the game so can't comment on Welsh so to me it's between him and Paton. Welsh has been unlucky with injuries and also the form of Bannigan and the signing of Forbes which has made the competition for places tough as I fully expected him to be one of the main men for us this season.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - Fox - - - - - - - - - - - - -

O'Donnel - - Balatoni - - Muirhead - - Sinclair

Erskine - - Paton/Welsh - - Forbes - - Bannigan - - Lawless

- - - - - - - - - - - - - Craig - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I think there will be one change from last weeks game. Forbes out and Paton in.

My reason's for this are simply due to Forbes fitness. He can't do two games in a week, it's clear to all, and I think his set piece delivery would be more important away to Raith, who have been conceding set piece's all season, than at home to Dumbarton, who we should see off relatively comfortably.

I would stick to the same team. Paton on the bench should get him pumped up for Raith.

If Paton plays, I also wouldn't mind Bannigan being given some bench time, harsh always dropping Welsh when our record with him in the team is better than without. Not saying Bannigan has performed poorly but Welsh, Forbes, Lawless, Doolan, Murray have all taken their turn on the bench.

I can see a 3 or 4 - 0 win. Confident!

I would stick to the same team. Paton on the bench should get him pumped up for Raith.

If Paton plays, I also wouldn't mind Bannigan being given some bench time, harsh always dropping Welsh when our record with him in the team is better than without. Not saying Bannigan has performed poorly but Welsh, Forbes, Lawless, Doolan, Murray have all taken their turn on the bench.

I can see a 3 or 4 - 0 win. Confident!

I'm also uncharacteristically confident about this one too.......

Hmmm, difficult one, I'm convinced McNamara would have stuck with last week's winning 11. He didn't drop players unless they had a poor game. Although Archie is his own man, I think he'll stick with the same team:

Fox

O'Donnell - Muirhead - Balatoni - Sinclair

Bannigan - Welsh - Forbes

Lawless - Erskine

Craig

Good balance and plenty of attacking options, get an early goal and think we'll go on to win comfortably. Jags victory, 2-0. Another clean sheet, solid defence. Mon the Jags.

I'm also uncharacteristically confident about this one too.......

I am not at all confident.

Like Morton, Dumbarton's aggressive style doesn't suit us. Forbes, Lawless and Welsh have hidden before when the late tackles have started.

Also Lister totally dominated our defense in the last game. And by dominated, he might as well had the stilettos and whip out.

If Erskine is out then I fear for us.

I am not at all confident.

Like Morton, Dumbarton's aggressive style doesn't suit us. Forbes, Lawless and Welsh have hidden before when the late tackles have started.

Also Lister totally dominated our defense in the last game. And by dominated, he might as well had the stilettos and whip out.

If Erskine is out then I fear for us.

That will be the same Lawless that got his cheekbone broke in 3 places hiding fae a 6ft 2 goalkeeper then ?

Better engage the brain first before making ludicrous statements!

I also fear for us with so called fans like you.

• Like 1

That will be the same Lawless that got his cheekbone broke in 3 places hiding fae a 6ft 2 goalkeeper then ?

Better engage the brain first before making ludicrous statements!

I also fear for us with so called fans like you.

I have been a Thistle fan for many, many years and I am sure the club will manage through this turbulent time.

Our good spell of luck continues with the news is that Prunty will miss the game, who has been scoring goals of late.

Not so, mon ami, according to the Dumbarton website:

"The manager reports that he has a fully fit squad to choose from, including captain Andy Graham. Striker Jim Lister will serve a one match suspension next Saturday vs Morton but is available for tomorrow's game. Trialist Robbie Winters who featured in last Saturday's 2-2 draw with Cowdenbeath may also be included."