Has To Be Archie Now !

Harry Wragg

From the Gareth Evans thread.

I never heard one positive comment at the end of our dismal showing last week against the bottom of the table !! Poorest game so far and if thats a sample of whats in store for the run in then " may the gods help us out !!" ............please !!!

Sittin here at home and feelin like a real a*****e after t odays result, wasnt there , ( 1st miss in about 20 ganes) but still feel the same , we played a team of dejected players and who wouldnt be when you dont get paid ? Sorry bit we need a manager who is able to separate himself from the guys on the park and at this time Archie isnt that man !! Sure we got a result , altho sounds like we were content to do it in 45 mins , well sorry I pay for 90 mins , so my point remains , defensive crap will NOT win us this league !!

Hypocrite!

Edited by kni

You've changed your tune quickly

What chance we could get Evans as a stand in until the end of season at least ? To be honest I'm not too sure that Archie is quite the man just yet !! Evans would re-ignite the flare we had at the start of this campaign and could help us win both the league and the Cup ,after all , he already knows the opposition we are up against !! Any thoughts ?

Lets say straight up that I am 100% in the Archie & Shaggy camp.

That said, the decision for the board is probably not quite that simple and with the finances not in great shape appointing a rookie manager, even one who has started his career very well, has to be a risk. If for some reason it doesn't work out and we are still SFL1 and maybe struggling next season, could we afford to pay the compensation to bring in someone else. I hope that never happens, but it is a risk. We also don't know all of the names on the shortlist. There could be a dark horse in there that no-one would have expected.

To counter that, we have a number of players out of contract, so how many of them would re-sign if Archie & Shaggy were given the job ? That maybe more that you think as there would need to be compensation for the likes of Bannigan and O'Donnell and I don't see many Scottish clubs with that sort of money so spend.

It is a very difficult decision, and one that the board need to get right. I think that Archie is the right man and he is doing his best to prove it, but I wouldn't like the responsibility of making that decision.

I believe that the board should not make a decision on the future management of the team at this point.

The next few weeks are huge for this club. When was the last time we were challenging for a league title and looking forward to a cup final?

When McNamara walked out it could have imploded. The board had a very important decision to make. They acted quickly and should be praised for making the right move. Archie and Shaggy have done a great job with McNamara's squad. In order to make this team into Champions our woeful away form needs to improve. If that happens, over the next ten days, then the management team will have moved the team forward from the McNamara era and further strengthen their claim to run the team long term.

We don't know what league we will be playing in next season. Regardless of this, our better players will leave for better wages and who can blame them? Therefore the squad will need to be strengthened for next season, especially for SPHell. Perhaps the board would need to bring in somebody with expertise and contacts in the transfer market. Either to replace Archie or to work with him. There will probably be more candidates at the conclusion of the season. The board should be given more time over this. Hopefully, when some of the questions about our future position are answered the board will make another good decision.

The players, fans and, I imagine, the board are fully behind Archie and Shaggy. They are doing a great job. If that continues to be the case I don't think they need to worry about their long term employment.

• Like 1

^ O'Donnell is out of contract in May so he can leave on a free. I still don't understand why he only got a one year deal whilst others (including Craigen and Mcguigan) got two year deals.

I've said this many times before, because of his age we'd be due a development fee (of around £80k according to O'Donnell himself) if we offered him a new contract on equal or better terms - regardless of whether he accepts it or not. So if O'Donnell, Bannigan or anyone else under 23 leaves and we've offered them a contract, we'll be getting money.

I've said this many times before, because of his age we'd be due a development fee (of around £80k according to O'Donnell himself) if we offered him a new contract on equal or better terms - regardless of whether he accepts it or not. So if O'Donnell, Bannigan or anyone else under 23 leaves and we've offered them a contract, we'll be getting money.

Exactly my point, and there are not many sides in Scotland who could afford even £80k at the moment. That said, They can move down South or oveseas (Barcelona/Real Madrid) for free

Althougth i think Archie is the man for the job, i dont think the board should rush into any decision. Archie isn't going anywhere and lets face it the guys on the shortlist will probably be about at the end of the season as well. We should not be appointing someone just cos the players seem to want it, some of whom may not even be here next year. Thats not a dig at those players, they need to make as much money before their playing days are up.

The big issue comes when at the end of the season a handful of the players leave and we dont have a strong a squad as this season. Is Archie the man for the job then? Possibly. But it is important to take stock at the end of the season rather than now.

That said, the decision for the board is probably not quite that simple and with the finances not in great

Are they not? Cant Imagine we will be any worse off than this time last year. Attendances i would suspect are up, money due in from a cup final, Big games against Dumfermline and Morton and the compensation for Jackie and Sid (whatever that is). Might not make a huge difference but surely better than the board were expecting.

The way things are going Archie is moving from 'bookies favourite' and 'likely choice' up to 'stick on'. Long may it continue. I can hardly remember the schock of McNamara leaving now. Aren't we fans fickle? Red n Yellow Army, Archibald's Red n Yellow Army. Wahey!

• Like 1

^ O'Donnell is out of contract in May so he can leave on a free. I still don't understand why he only got a one year deal whilst others (including Craigen and Mcguigan) got two year deals.

Because last season he was pretty poor. A one year deal to let him prove himself. I admit I groaned when I heard he had signed on.

Glad to say he is one of the most improved players in many years and really proved his critics wrong. Needs to recapture his early season form and confidence though following his injury.

Hopefully guys like him and Erskine get signed up quick.

From the Gareth Evans thread.

Entitled to change my mind and make my comments , we are winning under Archie , if we hadnt been , how many of you guys wouldve been calling for his head ? Am being very positive like we all should and believe that the BoD are dragging their feet on this one , and we need a decision soon, cant see any alternative and dont see the need to change now, lets just press on to win the title under Archie's guidance !! C'mon the Jags

Hypocrite!

:D

It's a good one but falls short of Derek Ferguson's punditry masterpiece earlier this month "Hamilton's Page was sent off while Falkirk's Lyle Taylor was booked for reminiscing". :thumbsup2:

Ah .. the spirit of Mrs Malaprop still lives. Silly woman you don't allegories on the Nile, you get codicils.

:D

It's a good one but falls short of Derek Ferguson's punditry masterpiece earlier this month "Hamilton's Page was sent off while Falkirk's Lyle Taylor was booked for reminiscing". :thumbsup2:

Derek Ferguson might not be very eloquent, but his enthusiasm for the 1st Division is brilliant. I think he enjoys watching us