A Bit Nervous About Tomorrow

Lenziejag

Couldnt make the game today but a great result for the boys. Lets hope that we can go top on Tuesday. The BBC Reporter Jane Lewis was pathetic and is obviously not a Jags Fan. No word of the saves of Cuthbert and just a bye the way 4 booked in a incident. She seemed frightened to interrupt the other eejits glad I don't have to listen to that dross every week.

Exceptional second half performance for which we merited the win. I thought Forbes and Welsh just didn't compete in the first half and we struggled to get the ball forward. Archie and Patterson clearly sorted them out at half time, and our midfield never allowed the Hamilton players to settle and we bossed it, winning every 50-50, and Elliott scoring an absolute belter. Great victory. Great Thistle support through there, I reckon at least 1500.

I've been impressed at how when things haven't been working Archie and Patterson have sorted the problems. Probably better than the last manager we had...

Exceptional second half performance for which we merited the win. I thought Forbes and Welsh just didn't compete in the first half and we struggled to get the ball forward. Archie and Patterson clearly sorted them out at half time, and our midfield never allowed the Hamilton players to settle and we bossed it, winning every 50-50, and Elliott scoring an absolute belter. Great victory. Great Thistle support through there, I reckon at least 1500.

I've been impressed at how when things haven't been working Archie and Patterson have sorted the problems. Probably better than the last manager we had...

1084 thistle fans out of 1800.

Dire 1st half, salvaged by Balatoni's goal.

Better 2nd half, with Elliot making a massive impact on his introduction. He was unlucky not to score earlier after a very good effort, which brought out a fine save. Delighted he got his reward with a great finish to secure the points.

Elliot has looked the part the last couple of games when coming on, and is offering options that could prove very useful in the run-in.

Big 3 points for us today.

Thought the conditions played a big part - it was a bit blizzard like at times with patches of soaked, heavy ground and this suited Hamilton more than us. We didn't help ourselves though with some dodgy decision making at the back and midfield, trying to do short passes in tight situations, just not on in that weather.

The second half the weather calmed down and we started to produce some good moves with long sweeping passes - though these were often wasted by a poor final ball. One time we actually got a great final ball Craig mistimed his run and Erskine, just behind him managed to hit a shot off a defender (maybe the goalie didn't quite see) when it looked a lot easier to score. This meant the nerves still shaking until Elliot cut inside beautifully to hit a great strike into the far corner of the net. Their goalie's best save was from his own defender, could have been OG of the season.

Regarding the management team. I'm beginning to believe they really do know what they're doing and if they continue as present we will have seen something I've never seen at Firhill before. Down the years we've had a few good managers and a lot of crap ones. Every time we lose a good manager we have a spell of bad ones before we find another good one.

Now we've had McCall (who set a lot up, youth policy, playing style and found a few good players for us). I think he'd probably taken us as far as he could mind you but he'd been a decent manager for us. Then we had McNamara - nobody expected the improvements in our playing standards we saw this season or the quality of football. When he left some of us thought that was our season over (bar the cup final) but Archie had kept things going and there are signs that he maybe has his own ideas too.

So here's hoping this isn't a flash in the pan because when we get in our stride we still play some of the best football I've seen in years and I'd love that to continue for as long as possible.

• Like 3

Archie has done a magnificent job so far. For a player with half a seasons coaching experience with our reserves to take over a team challenging for promotion, to lead them to 16 points from 18 and a tremendous 5 clean sheets in a row, he really does deserve a huge amount of praise so far, i'd love it if he led us to both trophies this season, he'd truly put himself in the realm of lambie and mcparland! Ok maybe a bit ott, but i am absolutely delighted with what he's brought to the job.

• Like 2

It's a good shout, but I wouldn't drop either lawless craig or erskine so unless there's injuries i'd leave him benched where his pace can frighten tired defenders.

Elliott's contract finishes in May. Cowdenbeath might be a good opportunity to rest Erskine.