Well Done Boys

jagielka

Cant agree with earlier poster who thought a draw would have been a fair result thought we thoughly deserved the win overall. First half we were a little dodgy but still made a few chances thought accies were pretty good in first half and played some nice football. Second half we were on top although Fox did have one smart stop down low to his left. Was delighted for Elliott that he scored as were all the players by the look of it and it was a very good finish. Lawless for me today was immense covered every blade of grass i know a few players maybe played a little below par but still put a shift in but lawless stood out for me. Didnt really see the aftermath of welsh challenge was too busy shouting at ref to red card the thug who lunged in at him with a straight leg and studs showing. Wasnt a pretty game to watch but the pitch was awful which was a shame as accies pitch is usually pretty good. Great 3 points and 5 games without conceding is excellent. Hope tuesdays game is on think we are learning very quickly how to win scrappy games away------monajags

Don't think Welsh really gets the love he deserves at time(ignoring his stupidity towards the end).

It's not a coincidence that we've got a much better record for when he plays, compared to when he doesn't. He keeps thing ticking, quite a decent tackler and one of our best pressers of the ball. He also made the goalsaving block in the second half according to Archie.

From reading the Just In threads you'd get the impression he's rarely involved. Not true. Good player.

• Like 1

Don't think Welsh really gets the love he deserves at time(ignoring his stupidity towards the end).

It's not a coincidence that we've got a much better record for when he plays, compared to when he doesn't. He keeps thing ticking, quite a decent tackler and one of our best pressers of the ball. He also made the goalsaving block in the second half according to Archie.

From reading the Just In threads you'd get the impression he's rarely involved. Not true. Good player.

Him and Forbes were noticably honking in the first half (both looked like they couldn't be arsed) and his passing was suspect on more than one occaision.

Put the the better aspects of those two together and we'd have a right good player.

• Like 1

Him and Forbes were noticably honking in the first half (both looked like they couldn't be arsed) and his passing was suspect on more than one occaision.

Put the the better aspects of those two together and we'd have a right good player.

I noticed a lot of abuse directed towards forbes. As a critic in the past I'm obviously biased but is the tide turning with regards to his quality set pieces vs lack of effort again?? I can't remember the last time he played 90 minutes.

Ermm, you wont . . . . & . . . . . . you wont :thumbsup2:

Ermm would I be right in thinking we do not have to win either of our two games in hand or the Morton match and we can still still be top!

3 draws is good enough!

Oh recent form guide something Tons fans have been banging on about ...now has to go back to 9 games for Morton to be ahead and that is just by a single goal.

If we go on to win this league I hope some of us will cite today as pivotal. We've an atrocious record at NDP that's been further aggravated by losing twice already this season. The only bit of luck we carried today was scoring goals at the best possible time. Everything else was deserved.

My MotM would be a toss up between Bannigan & Muirhead but I think Archie will be particularly pleased by the way the team played as an entity.

It would be daft to assume we didn't miss Paton as he's been the driving force behind so many wins this season. The fact today that as the game progressed Paul's absence was less noticeable has to be down to the performances of Bannigan and Welsh. I'm not too sure about all the nonsense a minute or so from time but that aside I reckon Sean Welsh's painting by numbers performance today was crucial.

It's hard to put a positive spin on us losing McNamara but I'm really starting to believe that the change in management is having a minimal effect on our team and results.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Another away win and another clean sheet.

Muirhead was my man of the match.

Poor first half, better second. Hamilton resorted to type and kicked their way through the second half.

Elliot looked good when he came on last week and continued that today.

This is the only league in Scotland that is not already settled, surely it deserves more media attention?

Another away win and another clean sheet.

Muirhead was my man of the match.

Poor first half, better second. Hamilton resorted to type and kicked their way through the second half.

Elliot looked good when he came on last week and continued that today.

This is the only league in Scotland that is not already settled, surely it deserves more media attention?

You are right in saying the league deserves more media attention but sadly that's never going to happen now that Keevins & co are whipping up a media frenzy to fast track Sevco back to the SPL or we are all doomed!

Oh, meant to mention that's five games I've seen against Accies this season. Does anyone reckon we've come up against a keeper even close to Cuthbert when it comes to shot stopping?

too right.

The guy has played a blinder against us every time. Maybe he is touting himself for a move? Fair enough: I'm sure he'd rather be with a Premier League side rather than with a 2nd Division one...

I hope this shuts people up about Murray.

Why should it? Welsh reprised Murray's stupidity and got the same punishment: a yellow card. In Welsh's case, he wasn't already carrying a yellow from earlier in the game, so he dodged a bullet. Hopefully Archie will put him right regarding self-discipline. He's a good player who we can't afford to lose.

Welsh was lucky to remain on the park. He has a bit of fire in his belly, not always a bad thing. In hindsight I think he took a sore one on his previously injured ankle and reacted badly. Has been pretty consistent in his more defensive midfield role and battled away yesterday. We need all hands on deck and I for one, am glad that Sean avoided a sending-off!

Thought we deserved the win, became a little concerned about the arguing among defenders midway in the first half O'donnell and muirhead/Balatoni ? dont need that at any time never mind at this crucial stage. O'donnell certainly isnt the same man since his comeback from injury, never realised Erskine was on the pitch till the 2nd half and once again missed an absolute sitter ( not the first time this season !!) Team has certainly lost its JMac shape which is what we all were lauding a few months back, but have to agree at least for the meantime that Archie is getting the results no matter how they come ,the late bookings were a bit of a concern as well but on the very bright side, Elliott was an inspiration when he came on , pity it wasnt earlier !!

I thought Forbes was poor again, apart from his corner setting up Conrad to score again. Seemed slow on the ball and was well marshalled by Neil in the Accies midfield. A talented player but seemed to be treading water at times on the heavy park. Craigen did quite well when he came on and one of his corners seemed just as threatening as Forbes other set piece efforts on the day.

Only below par performance on the day, in my opinion and I am sure he will come back stronger. Maybe needs to give the night shift a break until May? :P

Thought we deserved the win, became a little concerned about the arguing among defenders midway in the first half O'donnell and muirhead/Balatoni ? dont need that at any time never mind at this crucial stage. O'donnell certainly isnt the same man since his comeback from injury, never realised Erskine was on the pitch till the 2nd half and once again missed an absolute sitter ( not the first time this season !!) Team has certainly lost its JMac shape which is what we all were lauding a few months back, but have to agree at least for the meantime that Archie is getting the results no matter how they come ,the late bookings were a bit of a concern as well but on the very bright side, Elliott was an inspiration when he came on , pity it wasnt earlier !!

Glass half full again Harry? Defenders are better communicating to work out threats on the pitch. Are they better muddling on until the break and risk going in two goals down and then let the coach tell them what to do?

Erskine had a slow start but had a decent shot met by a great save from Cuthbert in the first half snd seemed our most threatening player of a sluggish first half. Check Tommy's photos for evidence ;)

Agree that O'Donnell was a bit sluggish and struggled at times to get forward but his passing forwarx was a lot better and didn't get into that many positions to provide a cross. Would still give him at least a 6/10.

It's good to talk!

Why should it? Welsh reprised Murray's stupidity and got the same punishment: a yellow card. In Welsh's case, he wasn't already carrying a yellow from earlier in the game, so he dodged a bullet. Hopefully Archie will put him right regarding self-discipline. He's a good player who we can't afford to lose.

Because Murray's behaviour was nowhere near the same league.

Welsh clearly tried to headbutt the player and was nearly fighting with Balatoni to land some more punches. People were labelling Murray as a thug for simply moving his head forward!

This was far, far worse. Welsh looked like a headcase.

Because Murray's behaviour was nowhere near the same league.

Welsh clearly tried to headbutt the player and was nearly fighting with Balatoni to land some more punches. People were labelling Murray as a thug for simply moving his head forward!

This was far, far worse. Welsh looked like a headcase.

Murray is a senior player and had already been booked. He should have known better.

I agree Welsh shouldn't have responded the way he did either, and that he was lucky to stay on, but that particular indiscipline doesn't erase Shug's.

Only 11 games to go (including the Ramsden's) and they'll be coming in a compressed time-frame. It's staying a very tight race and we need everyone available and exhibiting strong discipline. As I said, I'm sure Archie will impress that on all the players regardless of seniority.

Murray is a senior player and had already been booked. He should have known better.

I agree Welsh shouldn't have responded the way he did either, and that he was lucky to stay on, but that particular indiscipline doesn't erase Shug's.

Only 11 games to go (including the Ramsden's) and they'll be coming in a compressed time-frame. It's staying a very tight race and we need everyone available and exhibiting strong discipline. As I said, I'm sure Archie will impress that on all the players regardless of seniority.

This. Our disciplinary record since Jackie and his thuggish view towards the game has been exemplary and I think reflects Archie's personal approach to the game. We are hitting our stride in terms of players fitness and mentality at exactly the right point. - watch Lawless and O Donnell step up to the plate over the next few weeks. April is going to be the cruellest month......for Queen of the South and Morton.

Posted this elsewhere but just some stats for the Welsh non believers.

His record for games started in all competitions this year is: Played 20 won 16 drawn 3 lost 1.

He's started every game away from home we've won.

Our record in away league matches he hasn't started in is: Played 4 won 0 drawn 1 lost 3.

He hasn't lost any games lasting 90 minutes. Would imagine this is the best win to games played ratio of anyone in the squad. What a guy