Return Of The Fez - Shuggie Mk Ii Takes The Nomad Reins Again

Shuggie

Prompted by the recent push for a Nomad flag and some of the difficulties experienced in engaging fellow Nomads, I have agreed with Tam in NZ to "do the driving"... so I'm back as Nomad secretary.

Tam looks to have a pretty full life down under and I have a far quieter one nowadays so it makes some sense to dust down the Fez (yes it still sits atop a PTFC Ball on my bookshelf) and pick up the reins.

Looking back 3 or 4 years ago, there have been great changes regarding the Nomad experience.

• the club seems to be a happier place with far less fallout and more togetherness
  • Onethistle are doing stuff nowadays that is terrific for fans who make it to Firhill and thereby for everyone who cares about the club
  • Tom Hosie is doing a splendid job with updates from our matches
  • The Jagscast
  • Our TV crew are producing far meatier highlights
  • The glaswegian website is good at giving us airtime
  • Nomads are gaining recognition (and banter) week by week for how we care and what we do
  • and there must be more I've just forgotten as I type this

So perhaps as I come back on board, there is time for some reflection as to what next to further strengthen our distant bonds (or indeed the passion felt by those who are not distant but just can't get to games)

I have dug out my old Nomad Distribution list and I'll attempt to e-mail Nomads in the coming days. I'll wait a little bit in order for any of you who read this to update me by PM as to your new e-mail address.... and of course if you're a new addition to the Nomad family.

As ever, I keep a record of your name, your forum id, e-mail, city and country - so again, if any of that has changed ping me or e-mail me at [email protected]

I'll be interested to hear what could make the Nomads feel even closer to Thistle.

Here's one idea - live internet commentary to subscribed Nomads - all monies raised going to the club

Let the thinking / debate / banter commence!

I'm off to post this on Facebook ... and e-mail the Club to this effect

Was looking at some photos showing the North Stand and it looks as if there are a few big permanent flags hanging at the back of the stand now Any interest in using Shuggies Nomad badge as a template for buying a big flag to put up in North Stand.

Running Pledges so far : £410

WAT GermanJag £30 Topcat £20 Twinny £20 Shuggie £10 Ian_Mac £10 Belfastjag £20 East Lothian Jag £30 Jaggernaut £20 hvc1876 £10 stillresigned £10 Lambies lost doos £10 Jagster £10 AusJag £10 Waka £10 Cjptfc £10 Wiltshire Jag £10 Canman £10 NZ Nomad £20 jif £10

Facebook Nomads George Harris £10 Colin Dickie £50 Harry McKinnon £10 Brian McAuslan £10 David Simpson £10 Alan MacDonald £10 Stuart Goldie £10 Campbell Livingstone £10 Malc Brown £10

• 1 month later...