Remaining Home Games

We've now worked ourself into a position whereby if we can win our 3 remaining home games, that may well be all we need to pull ourselves over the line.

It would leave us with a total of 75 points, with Morton needing to win the other 5 games they have to better that and by one point only. A point in one of the away games would virtually guarantee the league by virtue of our superior goal difference.

Looking at Morton's games, not all are easy;

Airdrie (H) - Should win, pretty comfortably in reality.

Thistle (A) - Toughest game for them, hopefully a Thistle win.

Dunfermline (H) - Much like the Airdrie game, they should win this reasonably comfortably

Livingston (A) - Tough game, two draws and a Morton win in the 3 games so far

Accies (H) - On the face of it they should win, but Accies have proved to be a bogey team this season, two Accies wins and a draw so far.

Falkirk (A) - Tough game, but they've won there already this season.

One game at a time for the Jags though, starting on Wednesday.

We are certainly close to the finish line, but we still have a good bit of work to do. to me, obviously we want to beat Morton, we're long overdue a win against them this season, but to me as long as we dont lose to them we should be alright. I would think we should be able to get 7 points from our remaining home games, and with 2 of our away games being at Airdrie and Dumbarton it should be well within our capabilities to get at least 4 points from our 3 remaining away games. So that would put us on 77 points, and in my prediction Morton draw with us meaning the maximum amount of points Morton can get would also be 77, and with our vastly superior goal difference, the league would be ours! But that would mean the title race would go down to the very last game, which for the sake of my heart and blood pressure i really dont want to see happening!

A friend at the BBC tells me that Alba have been trying to arrange to show show next Wednesday's game live.

I hope they dont manage this, anything to entice people to stay at home can only be a bad thing - we need as many people in red'n'yellow as possible at firhill to get us over the line...

Then again, thump morton and go home to watch it on sky+ sounds very appealing...

How much of a crowd can we expect at this game... If they beat airdrie? 6000?

Say that's 4500 paying at the gate... That's 75K in gate receipts on the night.

How much will Alba pay?

Thing is wee man, not all 4500 will be in at £17 a head. Strip out the kids for free, and adjust for concessions, and you will be lucky to see £60k in gate receipts. Remove the vat and you are looking at £50k max if 4500 non ST turn up.

I believe a win on Wednesday is a must win if we are going to claim the title outright as the champions of the first division, if not and even if the other results go our way , I for one , will always have in the back of my mind the knowledge that we never beat the Morons of Sh*tnock !!!

How much of a crowd can we expect at this game... If they beat airdrie? 6000?

Say that's 4500 paying at the gate... That's 75K in gate receipts on the night.

How much will Alba pay?

Thing is wee man, not all 4500 will be in at £17 a head. Strip out the kids for free, and adjust for concessions, and you will be lucky to see £60k in gate receipts. Remove the vat and you are looking at £50k max if 4500 non ST turn up.

I am sure its £9000 for home team and £1000 for away. Like PT I think there is scope for a bumper attendance and we could lose some from the crowd if its on tv.

Dont forget Yoda Jag there are a lot oof neautrals going to come along to this one. Im bringing several with me and I have seen interest from others about it. If its on tv then we likely wont have anywhere near as many. Also fans coming along means more hospitality sold, more merchandise, money etc etc.

I think it would be excellent for the game to be on Alba. I very much doubt if a substantial number of people who were planning to go to the match would be dissuaded because it's on the Gaelic channel. On the other hand, many folk further away and unlikely or unable to get to the match would get access to it, and we would be the extra income.

I hope you mean for Morton and not us!

He's a bit of a dick and was poor for Sevco but that was down to McCoist. The same goes for Wallace, Shiels and the other SPL players they signed.

I reckon he would be a great signing until the end of the season. There's a very good chance he will sign for a bigger club than Thistle in the summer.