Kid Friendly Pubs Tomorrow

les

Jings - don't tell me all the pubs are 'child friendly' :( !

Do you ever give it a rest?

Most pubs allow kids in the afternoon. There was no problem in Wee Jimmies in Cowdenbeath last week, why would Livi (or anywhere else) be any different...

Jings - a town with absolutely no redeeming features whatsoever - the Livingston Inn was admittedly passable, but that was after I managed to find it (thanks to iPhone navigation) - even then it was no better than a below-average local.

The less said about Grand Central (neither grand nor central) and Saltire Bar the better.

Half-an-hour walk from the stadium to the railway station into the bargain.

Whoever said Almondvale is a "great stadium" should be sectioned - its only plus point is two filled-in corners - even from half-way up the stand the viewing is little better than 'worm's eye'.

Finally, it wouldn't have taken me three hours to get home by public transport from Fir Park or Rugby Park - nor would everyone have been subjected to Indian Railways' idea of passenger comfort.

I'd only ever taken the car to Almondvale before (first game there - under Bryce?) and the 0-0 SC draw under the Bunnet - at least today gave me a chance to take in the absolute ****ing awfulness of the place - what a complete shithole. At least with places like Central Park the railway station is near to hand for a quick escape (and Jimmy's Bar is fine for a few pre-match refreshments).

Edited by Charlie Endell

Jings - a town with absolutely no redeeming features whatsoever - the Livingston Inn was admittedly passable, but that was after I managed to find it (thanks to iPhone navigation) - even then it was no better than a below-average local.

The less said about Grand Central (neither grand nor central) and Saltire Bar the better.

Whoever said Almondvale is a "great stadium" should be sectioned - its only plus point is two filled-in corners - even from half-way up the stand the viewing is little better than 'worm's eye'.

Finally, it wouldn't have taken me three hours to get home by public transport from Fir Park or Rugby Park - nor would everyone have been subjected to Indian Railways' idea of passenger comfort.

I'd only ever taken the car to Almondvale before (first game there - under Bryce?) and the 0-0 SC draw under the Bunnet - at least today gave me a chance to take in the absolute ****ing awfulness of the place - what a complete shithole. At least with places like Central Park the railway station is near to hand for a quick escape (and Jimmy's Bar is fine for a few pre-match refreshments).

Go take a flying :censor: to yourself Charlie.

• Like 1

I had a great day! The Saltire is what is it is, a Brewers Fayre job. If that'

Clearly trolling having enjoyed himself in Livingston!!

Anybody else p*ssed off by the advertising hoardings right along the bye line and close up against the net so that you couldn't actually see the area in front of the goal? Really poor set-up.

Yes. I was in row F and even that far back you couldn't see the goal/bye line.

Edit to add. Special mention too for the inadequate toilet facilities. Ridiculous amount of time spent queueing.

Edited by H Wragg

Why are you so bothered everytime someone slags Livi? I know you live there but who gives a flying :censor: (as you put it) what other people think.

I'm not that 'bothered' although that post was a bit alcohol fuelled.

I do get a bit fed up reading the same stuff from the same people though. And sometimes I like a good argument :happy2: