Never Turned Up!

Metzmagic

That run of games one after another has had its effect: the players are running on empty. It has been obvious since the visits to Cowdenbeath that Lawless needs a rest, but today O'Donnell and Muirhead showed the same: both were punting aimless balls up the park as if they were the ones playing in the Second Division. The pattern for that was set in the first half, and wasn't changed enough to win the game in the time remaining.

Will Muirhead not be due to miss the next game anyway?

Elliot can run fast and force defenders into mistakes; he has also developed a good understanding with Doolan. Unfortunately, Doolan failed twice to connect with Elliot's crosses into the goalmouth. Elliot could easily have walked with Muirhead late on.

It's fairly obvious that the QoS players were told beforehand to put Erskine out of the game, and the referee bottled showing a card to the perpetrator early in a televised game. As a result, Erskine played the rest of the game with an injured back.

Taking Bannigan off was a mistake: he was the only one looking for the ball in the first half.

Edited by Fearchar

Balatoni and muirhead were solid. As was fox. Forbes was sensational when he came on. Only player that wanted to do something.

Rest were rubbish except dools who put in a shift

Full backs are playing with fear. Banigan barely won a ball and was anonymous in second half. Craigen tried to start with but headless chicken by the end.

Erskine and lawless just not at it. Erskine in particular was awful. Worst player on the park.

Craig had no luck.

Been to 6 games under Archie and haven't had a decent performance. (I missed livi and Cowdenbeath game). This team is falling on its knees. Completely backs up my point on another thread that fans who think almost all our players could easily step up are wrong.

I'll be cheering us on Wednesday but honestly feel like not going, reckon we will get pumped.

Horrible day. Although best goal celebrations I think I've seen in my time. Amazing.

Also feel terrible for balatoni. Played excellent, hope he keeps his head up.

AND how did they miss that sitter!!

What's the script if a keeper gets sent off in the course of penalties?

Just out of curiosity?

An outfield player needs to go in as no substitutes are allowed during the shoot out.

Hence the keeper taking the piss, knowing he was never going to get ordered off.

Edited by Lionel J. Botch

Queens deserved to win. They were nothing special but well drilled.

We had a real off-day today. Felt we only really picked up with the introduction of, slightly bizarrely, Forbes being introduced and being a bit more combative in the middle. O'Donnell and Sinclair clearly confidence players and they are not on their game at the moment. Banzo worked very hard today but Craigen and Welsh were a bit too powderpuff and Lawless didn't look his spritely self. Erskine didn't really turn it on at all until extra time and Craig had very little service. Elliott showed some good urgency when he came on.

Couldn't see whether the penalty incident was inside the box or the stramash that followed, but I understand that Muirhead headbutted Higgins after he went up in his face? Need to work on his temperament on these big occasions if he's to make the step up. I'm sure he realises that.

As for their keeper, he was at it in the penalty shoot-out. Of course it's legitimate to try to put the takers off, but when the referee has told you about 4 or 5 times to return to your line and you deliberately disobey that order and time-waste, you should be punished. Crawford Allan shat it, and should have given him a booking. I can't remember whether he'd already been booked (that should be irrelevant to that decision) but it would have been interesting to see what happens in the event of a shoot-out red card. Does someone else from the XI take the gloves?

Ah well. Let's go mental on Wednesday.

Edited by Woodstock Jag

Taking Bannigan off was a mistake: he was the only one looking for the ball in the first half.

Just watched the extra time bit and Bannigan signalled to Archie that he wanted off. Hope that doesnt mean he is out on Wednesday. Forbes was brilliant when he came on. He created more in the short period he was on than the whole team put together in 120 minutes. The reaction of Higgins and the other Queens player to Muirhead after the penalty was disgraceful. Not condoning Aarons reaction but I reckon 99% of us would have done the same given the circumstances. I was behind that goal and I saw it but the TV evidence is damning. The two Queens player blatently provoked him by going head to head with him and smiling in his face while he was doing nothing. In this instance I am willing to forgive him....the guy is only human!

• Like 1

That run of games one after another has had its effect: the players are running on empty. It has been obvious since the visits to Cowdenbeath that Lawless needs a rest, but today O'Donnell and Muirhead showed the same: both were punting aimless balls up the park as if they were the ones playing in the Second Division. The pattern for that was set in the first half, and wasn't changed enough to win the game in the time remaining.

Will Muirhead not be due to miss the next game anyway?

Elliot can run fast and force defenders into mistakes; he has also developed a good understanding with Doolan. Unfortunately, Doolan failed twice to connect with Elliot's crosses into the goalmouth. Elliot could easily have walked with Muirhead late on.

It's fairly obvious that the QoS players were told beforehand to put Erskine out of the game, and the referee bottled showing a card to the perpetrator early in a televised game. As a result, Erskine played the rest of the game with an injured back.

Bannigan had taken a knock, so don't think it was a mistake. Hope he is fit for Wednesday.

We were poor, passing game was missing most of the game.

Not many positives to take from this, though good to see the fans chantting Balatoni at the end. Hope he gets over his disappointment and we will all get over ours with a win on Wednesday.

Edited by Jagsfan58

whats the situation with Muirhead now? he was already susp for Wednesday but is he banned for another 3 now in the league, and possibly for another game or 2 due to it being his 3rd of the season and second in a row? he could be suspended for the rest of the season?

He was already on a yellow. Ref bottled it.

Yes 100% correct! There has probably never been an instance of a keeper being sent off during a penalty shoot out and spineless Mr Crawford Allan was never going to be the first ref to do it, How many times during the penalty kicks did he warn the wee ginger shit but he just kept on using the same delaying tactics every time. Let's put it this way, had he not already been booked it would have been a absolute stick on he would have got a yellow card for his antics!

• Like 1

whats the situation with Muirhead now? he was already susp for Wednesday but is he banned for another 3 now in the league, and possibly for another game or 2 due to it being his 3rd of the season and second in a row? he could be suspended for the rest of the season?

Dunfermline shouldn't come into it as it was the cup but not violent conduct or serious foul play.

He should be banned for a further 2 games after Morton and it will be league games as violent conduct reds as not competition specific so he'll miss Morton, Airdrie and Raith Rovers.

Dunfermline shouldn't come into it as it was the cup but not violent conduct or serious foul play.

He should be banned for a further 2 games after Morton and it will be league games as violent conduct reds as not competition specific so he'll miss Morton, Airdrie and Raith Rovers.

cheers.

Im not proud , just happy.

Perfect result for us today before Wed, i was delighted with the fact that it went all the way , the result was a bonus!

We looked as if our minds were on Wed when we played Airdrie on Sat, didnt really get out of second gear and still shafted them, they really are an awfull side.

We have injury worries in defence , but then again our defence is always a worry !

Wed will be some game, an early goal for us and your dead , Mon e Peaso, easily the best striker in this division & flying atm !

Happy to have lost in an earlier round at HOME to QoS,

Happy to be just two points behind having played a game more!

Morton fud easily pleased!

An outfield player needs to go in as no substitutes are allowed during the shoot out.

Plus, the opposing team has to get out one of their players as well. Why? Because in a penalty shoot out, it has to be an equal number of players on both sides!

You've got to credit queens. They stopped us playing and outthought us. Very few pass marks today. If Archie had brought forbes earlier then it could have all been so different as he was excellent when he came on.opened the play up and spread the ball well.

Gt to wonder what our pass completion stats were though, so many slack balls it was unreal.

Knew that dick of a keeper would end up winning it for them. From the lack of sportsmanship when he failed to return the ball after injury right through to his penalty antics he was a disgrace. Pity as he seemed a good goalie even if he is a total moron of a man.

• Like 2

Very suprised no one picked up on this. I saw it 3 times on TV - 1st time, definate foul - 2nd time, that must hurt - 3rd time (different angle) - straight red card! Truly appalling challenge leading with his elbow - only inches from Erskines neck. Not suprised Erskine was anonymous thereafter!

After that thought the ref was fairly good - if it was our keeper doing all the silly stuff I would have been quite happy! No disrespect to Foxy, but if he just stood still he would have saved about 3 of the pens.

The pitch invasion was completely moronic. It shows our club in a bad light.

I, and many others, managed to go off our heads when we scored, yet somehow managed to stay on the right side of the barrier.

Must mean I'm a *****. Still, rather that than an attention seeker.

• Like 2

The pitch invasion was completely moronic. It shows our club in a bad light.

I, and many others, managed to go off our heads when we scored, yet somehow managed to stay on the right side of the barrier.

Must mean I'm a *****. Still, rather that than an attention seeker.

I'd say it shows how much passion we've got. The Queens fans could barely be arsed putting their soup flasks, rattles and tartan rugs down to applaud the team for winning the cup.

Ah give it a rest, petal. Nobody was hurt, it was heat of the moment, sheer joy and a goal we never expected in a big game. Tuck your ***** back in and pop back off to your byres road wine bar to finish your corona.

• Like 3

It probably does show passion, I agree.

What it also shows is a lack of respect. Especially by the wee ned who got right in their keepers face (as seen in camaillans clip of the goal).

Thankfully he didn't follow through with the act when he squared up to the keeper or we, as a club would be in a whole lot of bother.

I wouldn't be against a pitch invasion if you could tell what everyone's intentions were, but you can't.

I'd say it shows how much passion we've got. The Queens fans could barely be arsed putting their soup flasks, rattles and tartan rugs down to applaud the team for winning the cup.

We'd already shown our passion by singing for 120 minutes. Fans were behind the team from start to finish!

Two guys behind me were having a bet on who could get furthest on the pitch if we scored. Feck all passion there, just two tossers probably along for their only game of the year looking for attention as Brick-top says.

Queens are a disgrace. From the reaction from their players when muirhead missed the penalty(get it right up you Higgins,you were begging for that) to the goal keepers behaviour at the shoot out. No class.

I think Archie was right to start with Craig. Maybe he was giving him game time to get more up to speed for the moron game where his greater physical presence to dools might be needed???