Nomads Flag..funds And News Update..show Me The Money!

topcat

Many thanks to all those who have got there money and votes in. There are still a few of our pledgers outstanding and I would kindly urge you to get those last money pledges in as soon as possible. As you may recall from my last update I have set a date of Saturday 13th April to try and move forward to buying our Flag leaving enough time for its unvailing at the Dunfermiline game.

After receiving permission from the Club to raise our flag in the North Stand I have also had great news from Jim Alexander (Jordonhill Jag) Club marketing manager that the ballboys will be arranged to parade our Flag to the centre circle on Match day allowing for it to filmed by PTTV. This means that all Nomads will get a front row seat to see it in the matchday highlights.

The Flag will then be paraded to the North Stand were it will be handed over to OneThistle fans who will make sure it gets a good place in the stand. If too big for the back of the stand it has been suggested that it could hang on the side of the North Stand thereby being directly in view of the JHS.

Look out for more updates in the following days especailly with respect to the Flag vote winner and the eventual totals raised.

Again my thanks to you all

Topcat

• Like 1

Shug

Can you give the guys a we run down on the final monies collected, flag cost etc and how much we have in kitty for POTY trophy.

cheers

Topcat

Monies raised for the Flag - approx £650 so in reality the donating Nomads have also funded the PotY Trophy (as no other £5s / vote were forthcoming)

Flag cost - approx £500

PotY Trophy - Just about the difference !! Already picked out clear "crystal" trophy which will have an etched Nomad Badge logo and the wooden base will have the player's name engraved.

Lots of votes in - but still some to come ..... there is a clear leader in the voting, so if you have yet to act - get that finger out and onto a keyboard!!

Shug

Should maybe get a shout out soon for a Nomad going to the POTY. I would love to present the trophy but will be out of the country by months end.

Topcat

PS If we can,t get a Nomad there maybe a honorary one like Jaggernaut might do it :thumbsup2:

Edited by topcat

I am on top of the PotY Nomad thing, no fear.

Tom,

Re the 27th and the unveiling of the flag before the game, it could be interesting to see how many of my Official Nomads - indeed any who donated to the flag will be in attendance with you - I don't think it'll rank as a pitch invasion were they to help with the flag???

So how, where do we vote for Nomads PotY?

Nomad Club Members have been receiving newsletters on the flag, PotY, TAG and other bits of this n that fo a few weeks now since I gave their dist list a dust down. My first shot at communication resulted in around 230 Nomads with defunct e-mail addresses and I have been trying to contact new members in Forum Posts and a sseries of Personal Messages .. and Facebook Nomad Group messages too.

The Nomad PotY is voted on by those Nomads so registered... and maybe some on Facebook too who are not. (This refresh of the ranks is still in its early days)

If there are those here or elsewhere who used to get these newsletters but no longer do then simply let me know and I'll be delighted to add more fans to the ranks.

Nomad Club Members have been receiving newsletters on the flag, PotY, TAG and other bits of this n that fo a few weeks now since I gave their dist list a dust down. My first shot at communication resulted in around 230 Nomads with defunct e-mail addresses and I have been trying to contact new members in Forum Posts and a sseries of Personal Messages .. and Facebook Nomad Group messages too.

The Nomad PotY is voted on by those Nomads so registered... and maybe some on Facebook too who are not. (This refresh of the ranks is still in its early days)

If there are those here or elsewhere who used to get these newsletters but no longer do then simply let me know and I'll be delighted to add more fans to the ranks.

So we just send our nomination in a return e-mail to you (the Newsletter)?