Erskine

jagielka

I'd miss Paton more than I would Erskine , missed a couple of sitters again tonight !! If they have to go then so be it , but think its a bit of a bad show considering its by playing in this team that they've both come on to become better than normal footballers, however , best of british to them , we will survive without them , c'mon the Jags and win it now at Falkirk,

• Like 1

Jagielka has done nothing but try to stir up trouble on this forum and that was the straw that broke the camel's back for me.

It may have seemed harsh and in the cold light of day...

...I don't take back a word of it.

Guys like him are happier when the team is shite so they have plenty to moan about.

If you saw the ball girl thread you will already know what a tit he is.

sorry I tried to stop a wee girl having to listen to potty mouths like you, if you cant go 90 mins in your sad life without acting like a **** head at the game then go support the h*ns, they will take you no probs.ps I hope the edit meets with your approval

Edited by jagielka

I think the universal condemnation you have received here tells you all you need to know about the validity of your opinion. Maybe sometime soon you'll get around to celebrating the club's best result in a decade.

sorry I thought this was a forum, I asked if Erskine's poor games in the final and against Morton was because he had been tapped up by utd, (and now we know he was) or was it the camera's, big game crowd ect that got to him. I said he's been great all season, but alas it seems one cant ask such questions on the forum. only people with blinkers on who refuse to see things right in front of them are allowed to talk here.

Twice I've posted here and twice it's to condemn this terrible poster that is the OP. The biggest result for the club in the last ten years and only a matter of hours later you hit out with this? What a tosser.

well pardon me for raising the topic of Erskine poor displays in the clubs two biggest games. only want to know if the pre contract he was about to sign had any effect on him, nothing about him not trying (as some have said) it would help things if people were to read posts with a clear head and without blinkers on. ive been a jag for 48 years, first game in 1965. if I think something needs to be said or a question to be asked, then I will f*cking do so.

• Like 1

sorry I tried to stop a wee girl having to listen to ar**holes like you, if you cant go 90 mins in your sad life without acting like a foul mouth f**k head at the game then go support the h*ns, they will take you no probs.

That would be the wee girl who's father came on and told you that she loved being in front of the north stand? The north stand is the most coveted spot for the ball boys and girls. You proved yourself in that thread to be totally out of touch and a trouble maker. And you call me a foul mouth **** head after a post like that?

Your post on erskine in this thread just proves what a compete fool of a man you are

Jagielka,

why have you completely edited the OP in this thread so that it resembles nothing of your original post?

Your original post read:

jagielka, on 10 April 2013 - 10:02 PM, said:

funny that Erskine has not kicked a ball since word got out about utd wanting to take him next season. last two games he's been playing with a rugby ball. shocking displays.

but now it reads:

not sure how many games he will get at utd after the first few. the boy might find it difficult going from junior to spl in only a couple of years, but wish him luck, did a job for the jags this season.

Just been emailed Chris Erskines response on Facebook in relation to the Pre Contract aggreements. Just wanted to say fair play to you Chris for commenting on the matter and yes you are right it should have been kept quiet till the end of the season. Hats off to you for coming out and having your say. I personally would like to thank you for your efforts over the season and over the next 3 games. You have been here for 4 years and thats longer than some other players who are hero worshiped at times. Just enjoy your football till the end of the season score a few goals and make sure you party with the rest of us.

P.s. Hope your team gets gubbed next season

Just been emailed Chris Erskines response on Facebook in relation to the Pre Contract aggreements. Just wanted to say fair play to you Chris for commenting on the matter and yes you are right it should have been kept quiet till the end of the season. Hats off to you for coming out and having your say. I personally would like to thank you for your efforts over the season and over the next 3 games. You have been here for 4 years and thats longer than some other players who are hero worshiped at times. Just enjoy your football till the end of the season score a few goals and make sure you party with the rest of us.

P.s. Hope your team gets gubbed next season

Any chance you could copy and paste what he said onto here?

• Members

From Chris Erskine on Facebook...

Can see this causing a few arguements so thought I better write something. ....

First I just want to say thanks to everyone for the support ive had. Ive loved every minute of playing for the club. I know im not everyones ideal player and I fall over the ball more times than not! But ive always gave everything I had for the club. It wasnt an easy decision to leave but I decided it was the right thing to do for my family and my career.

I know the timing wasn't great but it wasn't supposed to be announced till the end of the season and we were told to keep it quiet for the sake of our team and ourselves.I understand some of you wont be happy but Ive read a few things saying we shouldn't play again....absolute bollox! The deal has been done for ages and its not stopped me giving 100% or caring. We have been as big a part of this great season as everyone else and we are just as desperate to win promotion as everyone else too!

Please back us for the rest of the season and then if u give us stick fair enough! Wouldnt expect anythin less. The boys will do great next year. Brilliant bunch of boys and a talented group! Hope u all enjoy the spl! The club deserves to be there.

Thanks again for the last 4 years, il never forget the club took me from the juniors and gave me a chance and there was always be only one team in Glasgow for me!

Cheers

• Like 2

Cheers. I don't think many will have a bad word to say about Paton and Erskine, they've done great things for our club and have always given 100%. The anger and indignation comes from McNamara - who owes us £80k (what I would call a substantial amount of money for a club like ours) - swooping like a vulture to take them. If this was Hibernian, or Aberdeen, for example, then there would be little cause for complaint: we all understand they're going to be on better money, with a better chance of the top six/Europe. In fact, if McNamara just gives us the ******* money we're due, there would be less annoyance over this fiasco. But, because he's doing all this whilst owing us the cash, it just leaves me, and many others, with a horrible feeling about the whole thing.

• Like 1

Exactly. These PCA seem to have been done some time ago. McNamara refuses to give us the money he is contractually obliged to pay out, whilst signing up our players whilst we have yet to win the league (and could easily have lost it).

MAYBE that money could have been used to encourage one or the other of these two to stay with us?

Too late now.

Edited by peagreenboy

Cheers. I don't think many will have a bad word to say about Paton and Erskine, they've done great things for our club and have always given 100%. The anger and indignation comes from McNamara - who owes us £80k (what I would call a substantial amount of money for a club like ours) - swooping like a vulture to take them. If this was Hibernian, or Aberdeen, for example, then there would be little cause for complaint: we all understand they're going to be on better money, with a better chance of the top six/Europe. In fact, if McNamara just gives us the ******* money we're due, there would be less annoyance over this fiasco. But, because he's doing all this whilst owing us the cash, it just leaves me, and many others, with a horrible feeling about the whole thing.

That's a fair summary of things.

I appreciate and respect CE taking the trouble to put his points across this way, especially as he's not quite gone yet, and might fear getting pelters from some sections of our support.

As others have said, I will always hold fond memories of the Bridge's days at Firhill; he's been a joy to behold (most of the time!), and a major part of our success this year. Just beelin that him and PP are off to that mob.

I hope he has a long and successful career (as far away from that mob as possible), and that he returns to us one day before he's totally puffed out.

I'll be raising a glass on Saturday, not just to this wonderful Partick Thistle team as newly crowned champions, but to Chris Erskine and Paul Paton for being admired servants to the cause in their time with us.

All the best boys. :drink::nomads:

Exactly. These PCA seem to have been done some time ago. McNamara refuses to give us the money he is contractually obliged to pay out, whilst signing up our players whilst we have yet to win the league (and could easily have lost it).

MAYBE that money could have been used to encourage one or the other of these two to stay with us?

Too late now.

Spot On.

• Like 1

Jagielka,

why have you completely edited the OP in this thread so that it resembles nothing of your original post?

Your original post read:

but now it reads:

glad you noticed. thought I would keep the children on there toes. seems this is not really a football forum but a back slapping exercise. it would appear that the concept of debate is lost to the majority of people on the (forum). it does not matter if the team are great or mince, or a player has played great or mince or the managers tactics are great or mince. if a supporter has an opinion or wants to ask a question then he must be allowed to do so with out taking abuse for it. as for changing the op. it was clear people were not actually reading what was being said and were going off on one because the thread was getting lost. people were accusing me of saying Erskine was not trying or such and such. I never said anything of the like, ive said every time I mentioned the player that he's been great all season, just not on the clubs two biggest games, I was upset about this because I wanted him to do well and help us in these games. hence the op.this is deff the last time I speak on this matter. long live the north stand.

That would be the wee girl who's father came on and told you that she loved being in front of the north stand? The north stand is the most coveted spot for the ball boys and girls. You proved yourself in that thread to be totally out of touch and a trouble maker. And you call me a foul mouth **** head after a post like that?

Your post on erskine in this thread just proves what a compete fool of a man you are

I hoped you might see the irony in the colourful language used. , did not see any post from any wee girls father, sorry. was a ball boy at firhill myself. abet a long , long time ago, late 60's. yes I know, the world has changed and the language has as well. still no excuse for the (type) of abuse given out to the away teams players. sorry if I upset you and sorry I was thinking of the well being of the girl. will not happen again. I will let her father take care of her. seems this is not really a forum after all, lets all just slap each other in the back and ignore anything we see on or around the pitch and lets all hold hands, (eyes shut of course).