Erskine

jagielka

Erskine is a true professional. He will remain fully committed Thistle till the season's end. Sadly I think he will be fully committed to another club next season, simply because he's worth more than we can realistically afford. If he does leave for more money, I for one won't bregrudge him it

He lifted the whole team when he came on today. Brilliant runs, dribbles, passes.

superb when he came on, if he had started we would have won that game by half time, he's a class above everyone. a total genius in red n yella.pure gallous. would cut aff ma left baw to keep him next year, although I said I would cut my left baw off for a win against Morton, and for a Dunfermline win today, I'm running out of left baws!

• Like 1

Was a bit puzzled as to why he didn't start as Airdrie must be s_hit scared of him.

Totally lifted the tempo when he came on and was a big part of the reason we ground out the 3 points.

Please stay Chris. You'll break my wee girl's heart if you go. In fact, you'll break mine a bit too!

Earlier in the season, I thought he was the nearest thing we´d call a good player. Tricky, quick, good on the ball, an eye for goal.

It´s easy to get on his back when not on best form but we must understand he cannot be always on top form. Last Sunday he was poor but it was general thing and I think matches played at 100 miles per hour is what suit him best.

I read that he ran his socks off on Wednesday. When you are not on form, it´s the very least you can do in a game.

Very difficult to maintain next season, no matter what division we are in. We must understand that a player like him will want to earn a bigger salary and play on higher level.

https://www.facebook...f17a9e1

Anyone still think Erskine doesn't care?

He obviously has no passion.

http://www.flickr.co.../in/photostream

This pic is great:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=512130092185054&set=a.512100818854648.1073741837.208968199167913&type=3&theater

Great contrast of the Joy of 3 (wheeling off in different directions) and the Despair of 3 (one slumped on ground, one on their way down, one looking like he is uttering a dejected expletive). And all set against a background of joyous red and yellow going mental.

I think both Erskine and Paton - if they leave - will be leaving with a heavy heart. They both seem to have great affection with the club, and no wonder: we've been a big part of their careers. But this season has seen far and away the best attitude and sense of togetherness at the club for a long, long time. They'll only choose to leave because of money, and to try further their career, not because they're desperate to leave the Jags. Even if they go to Dundee Utd, I'd hope we wouldn't boo these magnificent servants.

:worship:

Edited by ThickAsThieves

I think both Erskine and Paton - if they leave - will be leaving with a heavy heart. They both seem to have great affection with the club, and no wonder: we've been a big part of their careers. But this season has seen far and away the best attitude and sense of togetherness at the club for a long, long time. They'll only choose to leave because of money, and to try further their career, not because they're desperate to leave the Jags. Even if they go to Dundee Utd, I'd hope we wouldn't boo these magnificent servants.

This ^^^^

I saw someone say after the Morton game that some of these young players are only just starting to realise what a big club Partick Thistle is.

If it hadn't been for years of mismanagement at boardroom level then...

Whatever happens we have to kick on from this moment.

Thistle are rising again :D

Speaking to a Sevconian friend and he was saying there are a few fans of the blue-arse cheek who are sick of the Govan Green and Whyte circus and will come to the Palace of Football for their football fix.

How the worm has turned :lol:

I was wondering about how Dundee Utd can shell out more money than us. Their crowds are by no means great, and they won't even have their derby matches next season. Isn't their financial situation a bit dire, with their chairman going public earlier this season about how they were struggling because the crowds weren't there? So how can they do it? I can only guess that they hope to dodge relegation every season, and hope for the odd big pay day, like cup semis and finals.

This ^^^^

I saw someone say after the Morton game that some of these young players are only just starting to realise what a big club Partick Thistle is.

If it hadn't been for years of mismanagement at boardroom level then...

Whatever happens we have to kick on from this moment.

Very true and David Beattie and his team deserve much credit for the way the club is being run.

We have to make sure that the fans who came to the Morton game are season ticket holders or regulars next season. I hope that someone will be collecting names, addresses and email addresses for a mailing list at our remaining home games.

Erskine is a true professional. He will remain fully committed Thistle till the season's end. Sadly I think he will be fully committed to another club next season, simply because he's worth more than we can realistically afford. If he does leave for more money, I for one won't bregrudge him it

Entirely agree so the lad hasn't been MotM for the last few games, well that proves he's a diddy now doesn't it!

I'm not one given to dissing fellow Jags for having a contrary view to mine but FFS, Chris Erskine has been the most exciting and skillful player to pull on a Thistle shirt in many a long day. What is it with a section of our support, are they ever satisfied. I don't know how many times on other threads or in person I've stressed to younger fans to appreciate and enjoy these times 'cos they are very much the rarest of times. To put this teams achievements in a bit of perspective, we have a chance to tie up our league before Sellick win theirs, consider the disparity in resources between them and their competitors in the SPL. Now consider the paucity of financial resources available to any Thistle gaffer and I say its something akin to a miracle that we've achieved what we have. I'm not saying for one minute that we're better than Celtic, that would be arrant nonesense, the like of which one would expect to emanate from the Govan area. What I am saying is that we have done marvelously well this year and have played for the most part a style of football which has been better or at the very least the equal of anything I have seen in all my years as a Thistle supporter. At the heart of this team has been Cris Erskine an absolute standout for player of the year, in my opinion.

• Like 2

Entirely agree so the lad hasn't been MotM for the last few games, well that proves he's a diddy now doesn't it!

I'm not one given to dissing fellow Jags for having a contrary view to mine but FFS, Chris Erskine has been the most exciting and skillful player to pull on a Thistle shirt in many a long day. What is it with a section of our support, are they ever satisfied. I don't know how many times on other threads or in person I've stressed to younger fans to appreciate and enjoy these times 'cos they are very much the rarest of times. To put this teams achievements in a bit of perspective, we have a chance to tie up our league before Sellick win theirs, consider the disparity in resources between them and their competitors in the SPL. Now consider the paucity of financial resources available to any Thistle gaffer and I say its something akin to a miracle that we've achieved what we have. I'm not saying for one minute that we're better than Celtic, that would be arrant nonesense, the like of which one would expect to emanate from the Govan area. What I am saying is that we have done marvelously well this year and have played for the most part a style of football which has been better or at the very least the equal of anything I have seen in all my years as a Thistle supporter. At the heart of this team has been Cris Erskine an absolute standout for player of the year, in my opinion.

Well said that man!!. I have quite a few Erskine moaners about me where I sit. They will only realise what a player he was when he is not there. Dont know about applauding him when he returns to Firhill, especially wearing a tangerine shirt, but I certainly wont be booing him and that goes for any player that leaves us this season!!! They have all played their part in what has been an awesome season!!

Well said that man!!. I have quite a few Erskine moaners about me where I sit. They will only realise what a player he was when he is not there. Dont know about applauding him when he returns to Firhill, especially wearing a tangerine shirt, but I certainly wont be booing him and that goes for any player that leaves us this season!!! They have all played their part in what has been an awesome season!!

Agreed, some player, and we'll miss him.

But if he turns up for another team next season trying his best to beat us and even relegate us, then I'm afraid if booing is necessary to unsettle him, then it has to be done. He will be the enemy.

Agreed, some player, and we'll miss him.

But if he turns up for another team next season trying his best to beat us and even relegate us, then I'm afraid if booing is necessary to unsettle him, then it has to be done. He will be the enemy.

Yeah. Booing's just part of the game. I hope he wouldn't take it personally, because underneath it all we'd still love him really.

I was wondering about how Dundee Utd can shell out more money than us. Their crowds are by no means great, and they won't even have their derby matches next season. Isn't their financial situation a bit dire, with their chairman going public earlier this season about how they were struggling because the crowds weren't there? So how can they do it? I can only guess that they hope to dodge relegation every season, and hope for the odd big pay day, like cup semis and finals.

More television money, more prize money, selling players like Goodwillie and soon to be Mackay-Steven.