Tag

Shuggie

I've been looking at the two offerings on the Official Site. A fuller brief on this initiative would be welcome.

I copy in the TAG Core package benefits here

1. Membership card and number
  2. Membership badge
  3. Access to Partick Thistle TV highlights and match galleries on ptfc.co.uk
  4. Live text commentary on ptfc.co.uk
  5. Supporter Federation membership
  6. Entry into six draws per year for you and a friend to travel on the team bus
  7. Entry into a prize-draw to win an all-inclusive trip to Barcelona*

Season Ticket holders

Free

Members

£60 per year

£6 per month

Perhaps someone in the know could answer these questions?

Do fans who do not sign up to TAG lose all access to 3 and 4 above, implying a loosening of ties to Thistle minded folk and fans of other clubs we play against .... and not to forget, non season ticket holding fans who have just seen the game and wish to look at our stunning moves/goals

and looking at the TAG+ package. what are the chances of an additional / hybrid package being offered with the downloadable program and/or manager's newsletter. Little surprise perhaps I ask this as such a hyrid may be pretty attractive to the Nomads

I'll certainly be sending out a newsletter to the Nomads on this topic to drum up support but I'll await feedback on these questions as I'm sure it'll greatly help

PS Why TAG as a label? My eye saw JAG at first!!

It sounds fantastic, and I've felt all along we should receive the highlights through subscription.

There is also the TAG plus package:

TAG Plus Package

• All TAG Core benefits, plus
  • 10% discount on Club hospitality and social functions
  • 12 monthly draws to attend as a director's guest for you and a friend
  • Exclusive monthly manager's newsletter
  • Matchday programmes available to download
  • Exclusive annual social event for TAG Plus members
  • Access to a dedicated director

Season Ticket holders

£60PER YEAR

£6PER MONTH

Members

£120PER YEAR

£12PER MONTH

It sounds very much like rebranding a lot of things that currently exist. In other words there doesn't appear to be anything new other than asking people to pay for a service they currently get for free. I have no issue with this in general as its a revenue stream that we have overlooked whilst many other clubs cash in. I think the downloadable programme is a very good idea but I wouldn't hold my breath as this will impact match day revenue. (Why buy one when you can download it at home for a fraction of the overall cost ?)

I for one am pleased the club are putting ideas forward for financial development and its launch last night couldn't have been timed any better. It will be interesting to see the response from fans old and new.

So if you aren't a season ticket holder you'll have to stump up £60 to get match highlights and live text commentaries now? Good idea in principle - so that more money is going into the club - but I think it's a steep price.

I'll be getting a season ticket next season anyway.

£60 a season for highlights and live commentary, or £1.67 per game based on a 36 game season? Don't think that's too bad to be honest.

What I would say is that we should be approaching Livingston and asking them what recording equipment they use as their pictures are of a much higher standard than ours. Don't mind so much at the moment but if we're being asked to fork out for it then it's not unreasonable to ask for a better, clearer picture.

The only downside is that if we're in the SPL then highlights will be readily available to fans that reside in the UK and there will be radio commentary of almost all of our games.

So if you aren't a season ticket holder you'll have to stump up £60 to get match highlights and live text commentaries now? Good idea in principle - so that more money is going into the club - but I think it's a steep price.

£6 per month / £1.50 per week isn't exactly steep. I think it's a great way for the club to increase its revenue. If say 3000 folk were to sign up that's nearly £20,000 per month going to the club which is excellent.

£60 a season for highlights and live commentary, or £1.67 per game based on a 36 game season? Don't think that's too bad to be honest.

What I would say is that we should be approaching Livingston and asking them what recording equipment they use as their pictures are of a much higher standard than ours. Don't mind so much at the moment but if we're being asked to fork out for it then it's not unreasonable to ask for a better, clearer picture.

The only downside is that if we're in the SPL then highlights will be readily available to fans that reside in the UK and there will be radio commentary of almost all of our games.

Don't think its a downside as in the SPL the club will make more money from SKY TV deals and BBC Broadcasting.

In two minds about as it seems to raise more questions than it asks.

it's not clear if this is meant to be instead of or in addtion to the Centenary Fund. If I join this I'm likely to reduce my contribution to the Centenary Fund by an equivalent amount so the club's not better off

The point about non-season ticket holders now having to pay for things they/we get for currently for free is well made. Now if it allowed you to see extended highlights or the whole game (presumably delayed) that would be a qualitative improvement.

The rest of the items are nice to be there but not key factors in themselves, but that there's all the draws takes you back to the question about its place vis a vis the Centenary Fund.

On a more practical note, the application form I got last night doesn't seem to distinguish between ST and non-ST holders. Thought it might have allowed the opportunity to order your 2013/2014 ticket at the same time.

£6 per month / £1.50 per week isn't exactly steep. I think it's a great way for the club to increase its revenue. If say 3000 folk were to sign up that's nearly £20,000 per month going to the club which is excellent.

In isolation it's not, no, but I even begrudge paying £40 every two years for the Scotland Supporters Club as I think that's poor value for money - just having my home tickets guaranteed. Paying £60, or having £6 come out my bank every month for something I have free now (as I've no interest in being included in the draws for travelling on the away team bus) isn't appealing at this stage.

I guess what I'm trying to say is - the perks don't match the price, as far as I'm concerned. Especially when you consider that the BBC and SPL (on youtube) will provide highlights for our matches next season. :clapping:

Also, if you aren't a TAG member can you still have access to ThistleTweet? The text updates go there, too.

Edited by ThickAsThieves

In two minds about as it seems to raise more questions than it asks.

it's not clear if this is meant to be instead of or in addtion to the Centenary Fund. If I join this I'm likely to reduce my contribution to the Centenary Fund by an equivalent amount so the club's not better off

The point about non-season ticket holders now having to pay for things they/we get for currently for free is well made. Now if it allowed you to see extended highlights or the whole game (presumably delayed) that would be a qualitative improvement.

The rest of the items are nice to be there but not key factors in themselves, but that there's all the draws takes you back to the question about its place vis a vis the Centenary Fund.

On a more practical note, the application form I got last night doesn't seem to distinguish between ST and non-ST holders. Thought it might have allowed the opportunity to order your 2013/2014 ticket at the same time.

The online form was just basically signing up as being interested in the end. They'll sort out payment etc in the summer by phone, so you can discuss this with them then and they can check your details I'm sure.

I think this is brilliant, but all the concerns raised are valid too.

In isolation it's not, no, but I even begrudge paying £40 every two years for the Scotland Supporters Club as I think that's poor value for money - just having my home tickets guaranteed. Paying £60, or having £6 come out my bank every month for something I have free now (as I've no interest in being included in the draws for travelling on the away team bus) isn't appealing at this stage.

I guess what I'm trying to say is - the perks don't match the price, as far as I'm concerned. Especially when you consider that the BBC and SPL (on youtube) will provide highlights for our matches next season. :clapping:

Also, if you aren't a TAG member can you still have access to ThistleTweet? The text updates go there, too.

Got to say i agree with everything uve said in your post. For me its all about the fans giving a few quid a month that will benefit the club. If you can give the sfa 40 quid a year im sure 60 quid a year to your own club isnt too much to ask? As you say there will be highlights on tv etc but il still be contributing my 6 (or mabey 12) quid a month whether i decide to use any of the services or not

In the SPL you'll see the highlights and hear commentary of all our games on the BBC

There is no audio commentary on offer; only the text commentary that we currently get for free. Audio commentary is what is missing actually. That would really make the package attractive. Wonder about the take up though if we do enter the SPL and these benefits are available for free as Paolo points out.

Probably would sign up myself though, if for no other reason than to support the Jags.

I'll be doing the same Dave. I'll blast out the one-off payment of £60 over the summer when I'm not forking out on tickets and travel to matches. After all, we've been thoroughly spoilt this season with the football we've watched. Best team I've ever seen so an extra £60 is worth it in the sense that I'll just call it an extra appreciation of the players.

I don't want to, or like to, be negative. I'm just saying right now it seems to be you get what you get now, for £60. With a couple of draws to travel with the team thrown in. I'd hope there would be more perks thought up and implemented as the season continues. Like I say, I agree with this in principle, having all Thistle fans under one banner at the club who contribute more. The money raised through this initiative will be a great sum, and hopefully put to great use. At £20, I wouldn't bat an eyelid. £60, for me, seems a little steep. That's all.

But I'll pay it. :thumbsup2:

Last night was what every Jags Fan dreams of - a packed Stadium Fans in two Stands and an atmosphere that hasn't been seen since we built the JHS. We also launched the TAG membership scheme which will play a very important part in the future of the Club.TAG comes with various features and benefits and yes some of the things we have received for Free until now will now command a small fee - but the most important aspect is that the Fans will be members of Partick Thistle Football Club - we fully recognise that we live in a different World - not everyone can be a regular attender but they are still Jags Fans - being a registered Fan under TAG allows ALL jags Fans to be part of the Club and allows means we can use modern communications medium to connect and involve our Fans in where we go in the future.Onethistle has shown Fans can have a direct influence in how we run our Club - TAG is simply a natural extension of that idea.

• Like 1

I've been looking at the two offerings on the Official Site. A fuller brief on this initiative would be welcome.

I copy in the TAG Core package benefits here

1. Membership card and number
  2. Membership badge
  3. Access to Partick Thistle TV highlights and match galleries on ptfc.co.uk
  4. Live text commentary on ptfc.co.uk
  5. Supporter Federation membership
  6. Entry into six draws per year for you and a friend to travel on the team bus
  7. Entry into a prize-draw to win an all-inclusive trip to Barcelona*

Season Ticket holders

Free

Members

£60 per year

£6 per month

Perhaps someone in the know could answer these questions?

Do fans who do not sign up to TAG lose all access to 3 and 4 above, implying a loosening of ties to Thistle minded folk and fans of other clubs we play against .... and not to forget, non season ticket holding fans who have just seen the game and wish to look at our stunning moves/goals

and looking at the TAG+ package. what are the chances of an additional / hybrid package being offered with the downloadable program and/or manager's newsletter. Little surprise perhaps I ask this as such a hyrid may be pretty attractive to the Nomads

I'll certainly be sending out a newsletter to the Nomads on this topic to drum up support but I'll await feedback on these questions as I'm sure it'll greatly help

PS Why TAG as a label? My eye saw JAG at first!!

Yes Shuggie you are correct from June these will be for TAG Members only - however by registering we involve ALL fans as part of PTFC - this includes those who cannot make games due to distance and other commitments - we want ALL our fans as registered Supporters of PTFC and involve them in how we go forward - onethistle has given the Fans a direct say in how we run our Club - TAG simply extends that.

I'd probably agree with people who say £60/£120 is a bit steep, and if the only option was to pay it in a lump sum I doubt i'd be signing up for it. However £6/£12 a month hopefully makes it affordable to most and i've signed up at that. I pay £4.10 a day to park at my work, so i'm not going to begrudge Thistle another £6 a month for the TAG Plus (as a ST holder). Also, my son gets to go to games for free so I personally feel I owe something back for that!

While this is a great idea and brings in extra cash to the club, i think it is a little steep to be asking for 60 quid basically to view the website with some other small perks especially in this economic climate where people dont have a lot to spare.

I also would be worried about excluding certain people from keeping up to date with thistle, an example being the welsh guys who came up a few weeks back. Cant see any of them forking out the cash and they may just decide to lose any small interested they had in our club.

I think further details are needed to confirm exactly what you are getting and what is still free to view on the club website. I also agree with whoever mention Livi and speaking to them about equipment as their coverage was very impressive and if people are having to pay out i believe they should get a good product.

I dont want to seem so down on idea considering the high of last night and i probably will be happy to spend 6 quid a month for the membership but this seems to make thistle an exclusive club to join instead of a club for everyone.

While this is a great idea and brings in extra cash to the club, i think it is a little steep to be asking for 60 quid basically to view the website with some other small perks especially in this economic climate where people dont have a lot to spare.

I also would be worried about excluding certain people from keeping up to date with thistle, an example being the welsh guys who came up a few weeks back. Cant see any of them forking out the cash and they may just decide to lose any small interested they had in our club.

I think further details are needed to confirm exactly what you are getting and what is still free to view on the club website. I also agree with whoever mention Livi and speaking to them about equipment as their coverage was very impressive and if people are having to pay out i believe they should get a good product.

I dont want to seem so down on idea considering the high of last night and i probably will be happy to spend 6 quid a month for the membership but this seems to make thistle an exclusive club to join instead of a club for everyone.

All good points.

The idea is to have as many registered Supporters as possible which means we can involve them in future decisions concerning the Club the aim is to be inclusive and have our Fans at the core of the Club .

This! The prices are high considering the benefits. TAG Plus Members should get discounts on official club merchandise too.

How about live video coverage for Nomads too? If other clubs can, e.g. Falkirk, we should too. Just charge a set price per game and offer package deals in addition to season tickets. Fans on holiday or away on business would not miss games. The club could make a decent profit.

Edited by kni

This! The prices are high considering the benefits. TAG Plus Members should get discounts on official club merchandise too.

How about live video coverage for Nomads too? If other clubs can, e.g. Falkirk, we should too. Just charge a set price per game and offer package deals in addition to season tickets. Fans on holiday or away on business would not miss games. The club could make a decent profit.

We are ruling nothing out - this is just the start - the more people that sign up the better we can enhance the package - our budget for running TAG is zero - its all done by volunteers - if we can start generating some cash we can improve the offer - we need to register our fan base - we are looking to evolve towards the European Membership model - same as Spain and Germany - the TAG offer is more or less identical in cost and content to most European Clubs including Barcelona.

Can,t see much benefits other than if I don,t sign up I will lose live commentary and matchday highlights. Do I now have to be a member to be a Jags man? Jags by "direct debit". How can a membership number and a card be an exclusive offer. I think I will hold on to my money and see how it goes. A Treebeard says "Don,t be hasty" Mr Heron and Shuggie have some pertenent questions that need resolved. (services that are already free and the status of the centenary club) Sorry its not a winner for me in its current form and by the sounds of it as a Nomad I could be a bit more cut off from the club next season.

Edited by topcat

Can,t see much benefits other than if I don,t sign up I will lose live commentary and matchday highlights. Do I now have to be a member to be a Jags man? Jags by "direct debit". How can a membership number and a card be an exclusive offer. I think I will hold on to my money and see how it goes. A Treebeard says "Don,t be hasty" Mr Heron and Shuggie have some pertenent questions that need resolved. (services that are already free and the status of the centenary club) Sorry its not a winner for me in its current form and by the sounds of it as a Nomad I could be a bit more cut off from the club next season.

Stump up, ya tightarse!