Things That Bug Me.

The Legend Blows

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been hearing this one for years but..... people that say Ibrufen when they mean Ibuprofen. People that say spacific ocean really annoy me as well. Any others that annoy anyone?

Sure they dont call it Brufen? That was the first name it was marketed under

All of the above.

Once worked with a guy (from Edinburgh, living in Blackpool)) who fecked up his sayings and cliches no end. He'd come out with things like: "I'm that busy this past few weeks I've been burning the candle on both sides". And, "That big bstrd Roy in the office has gone power mad since he got promoted; he's getting too big for his high horse".

Another time he was trying to take the pish out a young fella from Croydon that started with us..(in a pathetic cockney accent) - "Aw royt mayte, just been on the dog and phone have you"? :blink:

He also once told me he'd entered a competition in the Blackpool Gazette where you had to add words to a captain!

People who use...

1. Renumeration when they really mean Remuneration.

2. Appraise when they really mean Apprise.

People who can't spell "definitely". I'm not bothered if it's pronounced "defin-ett-ly" or even "defin-ate-ly", but at least learn to spell it correctly.

Once worked with a guy (from Edinburgh, living in Blackpool)) who fecked up his sayings and cliches no end.

likewise. this old fella i worked with commented that he was in a catch 23 situation. after helpfully pointing out he might've meant catch 22, he retorted that it was 'wan worse than that.'

many jobs ago, i was advised more than once by folk of their intent to take their complaint 'all the road, to the government omnibusman.'

likewise. this old fella i worked with commented that he was in a catch 23 situation. after helpfully pointing out he might've meant catch 22, he retorted that it was 'wan worse than that.'

many jobs ago, i was advised more than once by folk of their intent to take their complaint 'all the road, to the government omnibusman.'

:lol:

Represented a bloke at work once who was asked about the date of an alleged incident. He replied: "It was around the beginning of the month, but I couldn't give you a pacific (see Paulo above) date".

When it emerged that a colleague had accused him of falsifying his time sheet, he insisted that he wanted that individual done for "definition of character"!

Every single time a Scottish club side plays in European competition, the know alls of scottish football say something along the lines of: "It's a tough game for ... tonight. The opposition are a good side, technically gifted, well organised and have a real presence about them". This is usually followed up by: "Because of the technical aspects of the opposition, team A will have to play with a bit of caution. They'll need to be cagey for the first 15/20 minutes and then start committing men forward"

No wonder every scottish side goes out so early when apparently we all do the same thing no matter who the oppositon are!!!

It could be a Scotland's greatest XI against a San Marinese Pub side and still the Craig Browns, Craig Patersons and Billy Dodds of the world would insist how "technically gifted and well organised" they were and that "caution" would be required. Argh.

Once worked with a guy who fecked up his sayings and cliches no end.

Likewise - one of our old bosses (in IT) used to mess up his well-know phrases or sayings constantly

to the point that one guy in work kept a list and anybody who heard the boss utter a new one at a meeting

got it added to the list.

Here are the first 20 in a list which reached 547 by the time he retired :-

1. Pie-eyed in the sky ideas.

2. Cartridges behind the knee.

3. Come along for a chatter.

4. Stop the heeing and hawing.

5. Just the luck of the mill.

6. Talked to me off the top of his cuff.

7. The cat slipped out of the bag.

8. Put him through his hoops.

9. There was a big muriel on the wall.

10. Allowed into the department with open arms.

11. Shirt tail hanging out her arse.

12. Just go in and air your vent.

13. ICL lurching in the background.

14. All's love in fair and war.

15. Just go on nilly willy.

16. He flew the handle.

17. Basking in the sands.

18. That will give them food for eating.

19. He was severely suspended.

20. He was hauled up before the coals.