Strips And Merchandise For Next Season

kni

Traditional Hoops please. I really dislike the recent MASSIVE MacB logos. In fact I dislike it so much that it might put me off buying a strip. >>>PLEASE JAGS TONE DOWN THE SIZE OF THE LOGO<<<.

Don't really know how much say so Thistle have in this.... i suppose it's down to MacB and what they get in return for the money they put in.

take for example DH Morris and the stupid yellow disc on the last SPL strip, an increased size sponsors logo as reward for supporting us through tough times.

PLEASE JAGS TONE DOWN THE SIZE OF THE LOGO<<<.

Please give us the chance to buy one without a sponsor. We'll pay more for it. But of course these logos are now actually printed as part of the shirt, so the likelihood of another sponsorless effort is next to impossible, until I win the lottery and buy the Jags (or at least the sponsorship!).

Please give us the chance to buy one without a sponsor. We'll pay more for it. But of course these logos are now actually printed as part of the shirt, so the likelihood of another sponsorless effort is next to impossible, until I win the lottery and buy the Jags (or at least the sponsorship!).

I would think MacB would like the fact that those who buy the shirt and walk about town wearing them are basically human advertising boards and factor this into the deal when sponsoring us. If we offered a sponsorless shirt MacB wouldn't be happy. It works for the Old Firm as it is seen as good publicity removing their sponsor from children's kits.

I would think MacB would like the fact that those who buy the shirt and walk about town wearing them are basically human advertising boards and factor this into the deal when sponsoring us. If we offered a sponsorless shirt MacB wouldn't be happy. It works for the Old Firm as it is seen as good publicity removing their sponsor from children's kits.

Is it not a legal thing with them though? In that legally they can't have kids advertising alcohol?

Is it not a legal thing with them though? In that legally they can't have kids advertising alcohol?

Yes, a ban came into force in 2010.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/7337446.stm

Old Firm sponsor Carling is to remove its logo from Rangers and Celtic children's football tops in a bid to promote responsible drinking.

The move comes two years ahead of an agreed ban by the drinks industry on branding on child-size replica shirts.

When the navy and purple top first came out last year, it was possible to get them in Greaves without the sponsor printed on - I saw a few of these at various jags games and they looked great.

Understandably, Macb were seething about this and instructed Greaves to print the sponsor on every single top from then on.

When the navy and purple top first came out last year, it was possible to get them in Greaves without the sponsor printed on - I saw a few of these at various jags games and they looked great.

Understandably, Macb were seething about this and instructed Greaves to print the sponsor on every single top from then on.

Then Greaves took the huff and cancelled the Thistle contract!

:whistling:

Then Greaves took the huff and cancelled the Thistle contract!

:whistling:

Huff?

Going by the huge stocks that they had to discount massively over the last few months, it's likely that Greaves did not make much money, if any, out of the Thistle contract.

Someone in Greaves and/or Puma made poor commercial decisions on products (too many), quantities (too many again) and prices (too high in some cases).

I hope that Joma will not make similar mistakes.

Huff?

Going by the huge stocks that they had to discount massively over the last few months, it's likely that Greaves did not make much money, if any, out of the Thistle contract.

Someone in Greaves and/or Puma made poor commercial decisions on products (too many), quantities (too many again) and prices (too high in some cases).

I hope that Joma will not make similar mistakes.

Wasn't even Puma themselves who provided the gear. It was some franchise mob in the north of England.

TTL Sportswear, The UK distributer for Joma have today launched the Thistle page on their website, with the first batch of the casual wear range available to order:

http://www.teamwears...e-replica-store

Poor value for money - mostly cheap polyester at pure cotton prices. It seems that they have learned nothing from Puma and Greaves.

Why can't we have this Joma design?

joma-picasho-polo-shirt-red-yellow-white-4335-p.jpg

Edited by kni

Poor value for money - mostly cheap polyester at pure cotton prices. It seems that they have learned nothing from Puma and Greaves.

All gear cheaper than puma.

Bear in mind your not buying cheap fruit of the loom shit with a puma badge stitched in by some warehouse in Liverpool.

All gear cheaper than puma.

Bear in mind your not buying cheap fruit of the loom shit with a puma badge stitched in by some warehouse in Liverpool.

All we are getting are standard designs with a Thistle badge stitched on. I'd rather have a cotton "Fruit Of The Loom" polo or t-shirt than crap polyester.

• Like 1

All we are getting are standard designs with a Thistle badge stitched on. I'd rather have a cotton "Fruit Of The Loom" polo or t-shirt than crap polyester.

So you are suggesting that we should get one off designs that need to run on prints of 500 or 1000? that seems like good business sense. :lol:

Problem solved, just go and buy a cheap ill fitting fruit of the loom tshirt that twists out of shape after the first wash, at least you'll have a new dish towel. Strangely i don't recall last season, you defending Puma's "quality" product.... now it's the product you crave?