Dark Passenger

Pates

Muirhead

Conrad

Squiddy

Bannigan

O'Donnell

for me, and just about in that order.

As someone posted above, it really is great to have such a difficult choice to make.

Even from the list above, feels a bit harsh leaving out Welsh, Fox and Lawless: most other seasons the performances that we have got from any one of them would have walked player of the season.

Also, Archy was brilliant when he played too - did he not get player of the month in Dec or Jan?

For the first season ever, I can't pick one player as the stand out performer.

I think Doolan deserves great credit for his focus and application because he was not in the starting line up for long periods. Maybe it's just the "DOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLAAAAAANNNNNNN" chant, but he remains a personal favourite.

Fox has been great and in coming back from injury his form is comendable. And signing on for next season.... I f**kin love you Foxy!!!

Balatoni's headed goal against the pars at firhill - instant legend!

A way to go yet, but i think Elliot has shown good determination and effort. I hope he improves and flourishes at firhill.

.... I could go thru the whole squad....

The 1974 world cup squad got the scottish writers' player of the the year....

My player of the year is Partick Thistle 1st division 2012-13 squad.

Brilliant.

Thanks.

:fan:

agree with most of what you say although I would add in balatoni especially at the run in.is it not fantastic that it so difficult to choose. what a season, what a team.however I do think you are being a bit harsh on smith.sure, he had a nightmare start at Hamilton but he was reasonably solid thereafter.

Hmm, all about opinions, I suppose. For me, he sold a lot of costly goals. Obviously the Hamilton goal in his debut, the two Morton goals were right down his throat and it was a limp-wristed attempt to stop Andreu's goal for Livi in the 2-2 game. I agree that he improved as he got fitter but, on the whole, I thought he was poor.

I know you're not saying this but there seems to be some fallacy that Smith came to our rescue when we were in need; he was an out of work goalkeeper who was offered a short-term contract - it was hardly heroic.

Hmm, all about opinions, I suppose. For me, he sold a lot of costly goals. Obviously the Hamilton goal in his debut, the two Morton goals were right down his throat and it was a limp-wristed attempt to stop Andreu's goal for Livi in the 2-2 game. I agree that he improved as he got fitter but, on the whole, I thought he was poor.

I know you're not saying this but there seems to be some fallacy that Smith came to our rescue when we were in need; he was an out of work goalkeeper who was offered a short-term contract - it was hardly heroic.

I thought the Livi goal was more down to Paton being slow to close Andreu.

I agree about the Morton game though. We wouldn't have lost that day (even with 10 men) with Fox in goals.

the spine of the team has been the most important factor this season. fox,balatoni, bannigan, doolan/craig. player of the year to come from any one of them. for me personally I would go for balatoni followed closely by fox. the league table clearly shows the difference the great defence has played in getting the team to the top.

I'm not naming any player in particular. I'm just wanting to make the point that the amount that this squad has came through this season is unreal? Firstly, McNamoney leaving, and Archibald having to step up, having no previous experience and going from player along with these guys to boss, and not only continuing our good results but improving them?! Also losing scott Fox could have really have damaged us, but Smith (although not great in his first game) really stepped up to the mark, to the point where I didn't really notice foxy was gone, but also being able to achieve such an impressive streak of results considering the pressure and intensity of the build up of games in hand is incredible?! This team has came through so much this season, and to (nearly) have the title in our hands deserves all the credit possible. So, without mentioning any player in particular, I think this squad deserves all the praise possible. Fantastic season to be a jag!

I don't want to single out any of the team either but I would like to give a thanks tae they two wee Asian boys who have done their upmost to get their banner behind the goals at every away match. two wee jag maddies for the future. on yersel lads.

I don't want to single out any of the team either but I would like to give a thanks tae they two wee Asian boys who have done their upmost to get their banner behind the goals at every away match. two wee jag maddies for the future. on yersel lads.

Manpreet Singh and his little brother/cousin Amarpreet Singh.

If there was a fan of the season award if it would definitely have to go to Manpreet, who's turned into a cult hero for most guys in the North Stand. Two guys who potentially would have been lost to the club without the Kids Go Free scheme, who go to every single game home and away. Now there's about 10/20 of them who sit together and call themselves "The Baby Shed". Quite cool.

• Like 2