Db In The Record

jaggy

• Members

Yep, and nice to see him saying, “I see it as an honour to be the Thistle chairman and have my name associated with the club". I believe some of his predecessors misused the honour and treated it more as a position of power to throw their weight around.

• Like 3

I like the man. He is level headed and does not promise the earth. Says it how it is and has turned the profit and loss aspect of the club around. I also like the views he has on promoting proper football to entertain and getting the crowds back. Hats off to Mr Beattie.

That really struck me too. I'm pleased to hear that. Teams often go negative when first promoted (Ross County just had to contune their normal game) but we have a system now that let's us be attacking while still being solid at the back so let's stick to it.

Also good to see him stating kids go free will stay.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Fantastic to hear that they aren't scrapping the Kids Go Free scheme. I was speaking to a guy in the kiosk queue on Tuesday night who was a Celtic season ticket holder for years, and who had started bringing his kids to Firhill this year because of the expense. He was saying that the Kids Go Free scheme was the thing that brought him, and as a result, his mates and their families (put it this way, he went to the Celtic cup semi-final and before he even arrived was £85 on tickets). It could be a fantastic way to pull in more folk who are sick of the nonsense elsewhere in the SPL.

• Like 1

Yeah I think over the next few years "Kids Go Free" really will bring dividends. Kids want to go to the football. Kids generally need adults with them. So parents go who normally wouldn't, get a mate or two along with their kids and bingo. Plus it's easier to get to than the 2 ugly sisters for car or public transport.

Yeah I think over the next few years "Kids Go Free" really will bring dividends. Kids want to go to the football. Kids generally need adults with them. So parents go who normally wouldn't, get a mate or two along with their kids and bingo. Plus it's easier to get to than the 2 ugly sisters for car or public transport.

...and the football's better to watch.

Fantastic to hear that they aren't scrapping the Kids Go Free scheme. I was speaking to a guy in the kiosk queue on Tuesday night who was a Celtic season ticket holder for years, and who had started bringing his kids to Firhill this year because of the expense. He was saying that the Kids Go Free scheme was the thing that brought him, and as a result, his mates and their families (put it this way, he went to the Celtic cup semi-final and before he even arrived was £85 on tickets). It could be a fantastic way to pull in more folk who are sick of the nonsense elsewhere in the SPL.

Especially for the 'weekend dad' market, for those of us on low incomes. For once a day out at football for someone in that situation is a lot cheaper than other things available.

• Like 1

So people have conveniently forgotten the trouble that Beattie caused with his radio interview on Tuesday night?

I'm just not that bothered about what Beattie said that night. He was asked a question and answered it. Although we'd won the league before that Raith game in my mind anyway...

His passion for the club is clear - I like the man.

Ian, I do agree that it was pretty silly of him to say that, however I don't think that overshadows all the good things the clubs are doing at the moment. We more or less knew Paton and Erskine would be away and all ghe did was confirm it. You never know, Dundee United might have to withdraw their offer if their claim that having to cut one third of the team in response to their Casalinuovo fine is to be believed. Though I imagine that is one third of an XI and not the squad.

If they had to do that with paton and erskine it would further show what a bunch of ******es they are as an employer with that photo and the shit its caused with thistles fans, only to throw them back onto thistle with that relationship sullied somewhat

So people have conveniently forgotten the trouble that Beattie caused with his radio interview on Tuesday night?

Well, he only confirmed what everyone already knew. The fault lies with the whole PCA system which, together with Bosman rules, the grotesque imbalance in allocation of cash to SPL as against Division 1, and unscrupulous operators like DU make it nearly impossible for smaller clubs ever to compete effectively.. We have a good level headed man at the helm at present who tells it like it is.

Beattie, may have answered what was public knowledge, call it honesty, naievity, or whatever you want, Dundee Uniyed releasing those photos DURING our title game at 9PM was, IMO, a vivndictive act.

It could easily have waited until the next day. So Beattie didnt cause thia ALL by himself.

What was he supposed to say? It's not true. No comment. He responded honestly to something all the fans already knew. I don't blame him, it was bound to come out sometime and I'm glad it came from us and not United. They are the villians in this, not Beattie.

• Members

If he said, 'it looks like it'. Then he's neither confirming or denying it. If the press had asked me, I'd have given the same answer, but I didn't know for sure. I suspect it's probably had an effect on Paton's chance of lifting the Trophy. If it hadn't been announced till after the Season was over, nobody would have had any problem with Pates lifting it. Now, however, it's sparked off a big debate amongst folk on here.

Just a thought........

How widely known in the dressing room was the fact that Paton and Erskine had signed for Dundee United?

How shocked might any that didn't know have been at the news?

And think how bloody awful we were in the first fifteen/twenty minutes against Raith.

Perhaps some cause and effect there.

Notwithstanding that, the piece in the Record is quite good.

Edited by Allan Heron

Just a thought........

How widely known in the dressing room was the fact that Paton and Erskine had signed for Dundee United?

How shocked might any that didn't know have been at the news?

And think how bloody awful we were in the first fifteen/twenty minutes against Raith.

Perhaps some cause and effect there.

It was definitely known in the dressing room before the Airdrie game.

Beattie, may have answered what was public knowledge, call it honesty, naievity, or whatever you want, Dundee Uniyed releasing those photos DURING our title game at 9PM was, IMO, a vivndictive act.

It could easily have waited until the next day. So Beattie didnt cause thia ALL by himself.

He didnt take the photograph either of McNamanoname and the lads nor did he post it on their website