No Player Of The Year

Auld Jag

Imo it would be unfair to single out any player as POTY.I think we should for this season only just have a team of the year and give it to everybody who has had anything to do with Thistle this season including the fans.I think it would be a good idea to have a picture of all our players,office staff and fans in the background to celebrate this season.

• Like 5

Sorry but I disagree! They've won the title. That's the main prize, it's a team prize and it's a team sport. But to award POTY to the whole team makes it meaningless, and I really want to see who wouLd win the most competitive POTY prize in all my 30 years of watching Thistle. It's just a bit of fun anyway. I'm in full agreement about the full squad photo etc suggestion.

• Like 2

balatoni ,bannigan or erskine for poty, erskine IMO to shade it but the 2 B's have been superb.I think alot of Balatoni's social media work has brought everyone at the club together and he is responsible for alot of the good things we have at Firhill. Cant wait to buy the big man a pint!

100% behind this. If you disagree at least accept that no single player would poll anything near 50%.

Absolutely agree. But I think that's what makes it so interesting. At least six would be strongly in the running, and there's another eight or nine who'd have walked it any other year. Brilliant squad.

100% behind this. If you disagree at least accept that no single player would poll anything near 50%.

I do disagree. I think that with the number of awards up for grabs, there will probably be different winners for each. A team award is a little bit too much of a love in.

don't think you can go past the spine of the team. fox, balatoni, bannigan, and an outside bet would be, doolan/craig because of the important goals . but there's no doubt the main reason for the jags being at the top, is the number of shut outs the defence has managed, so fox v's balatoni for poty award.

Gotta be between:

Fox: Quietly and sometimes brilliantly keeps us clean sheet after clean sheet. Has kept us in the game on many occasions: great saves in the first 15 min against Raith last Tuesday, saved us again yesterday shortly after the start. When he was out, we struggled. A keeper that I have 100% confidence in.

Balatoni: Impossible not to feel inspired by him. A motivational wizard, never-say-die rock in defence. Has weighed in with some very important goals.

Bannigan: Has very suddenly blossomed from a youngster finding his feet last season to a midfield general who never stops running and spraying passes left, right, forwards and backwards when necessary. Will surely play for the first Scotland XI one of these days; hope it's with us.

Erskine: Mercurial. As he himself says, he falls over the ball more often than not, but what an entertainer when it comes off for him. The comparisons with Denis McQuade seem more and more accurate.Yesterday it just wasn't coming off for him, then he gets the ball just inside their half, nothing else on but to go for it alone. A 40-yard bee-line towards their goal leaving three defenders bewildered then coolly plants the ball in the corner of the net. And he's done that kind of thing so often.

Tough one indeed!

• Like 1